X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Marshfield 1-0 Brockton.

Marshfield scored early before weathering the storm.
    Bridge -Ray also scores early and holds on vs Brockton this week

Comment

Bridge -Ray also scores early and holds on vs Brockton this week
      I predict another 1-0 loss for Brockton. I am certain of it. They shouldn't even bother playing the game.

Comment

I predict another 1-0 loss for Brockton. I am certain of it. They shouldn't even bother playing the game.
        The question is how much does Brockton play their starters. Risking injury vs keeping them sharp. Brockton's coach, RR's job will be trying to find that balance.

Comment

Medford 3-masco 3. Medfords goalie got hurt and they didn't have a back up. Kid they put in played well for a field player, but ultimately wasn't enough.
          Another unimpressive result for Medford. Masco lost to Pentucket in their previous game and lost to Somerville 3-0 earlier this year. Medford will be lucky to get out of the 1st round.

Medford has played cream puffs for 75% of their schedule, so when it's time to play the tougher teams, not that Marblehead, East Boston and Masco are that great, they struggle.

Injuries happen, part of the game. Part of it is getting a good trainer or coach to prevent injuries. A good coach will find ways to overcome that obstacle by preparing the other players on the team and coming in with a backup plan. You still get to play 11 players, no matter who is injured on the team. Sure, it's a different sport, but the most successful coach in sports, Bill Belichick has never used an injury as an excuse, and they've kept on winning. A coach that uses an injury as an excuse sets himself up for failure 99 times out of 100.
          Last edited by AlexFilides; 10-27-2015, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
            Another unimpressive result for Medford. Masco lost to Pentucket in their previous game and lost to Somerville 3-0 earlier this year. Medford will be lucky to get out of the 1st round.

Medford has played cream puffs for 75% of their schedule, so when it's time to play the tougher teams, not that Marblehead, East Boston and Masco are that great, they struggle.

Injuries happen, part of the game. Part of it is getting a good trainer or coach to prevent injuries. A good coach will find ways to overcome that obstacle by preparing the other players on the team and coming in with a backup plan. You still get to play 11 players, no matter who is injured on the team. Sure, it's a different sport, but the most successful coach in sports, Bill Belichick has never used an injury as an excuse, and they've kept on winning. A coach that uses an injury as an excuse sets himself up for failure 99 times out of 100.
            God you hate Medford? What did they ever do to you? Show a little compassion for an injury which wasn't preventable(goalie got kicked in the foot/ankle) and for the kid who was sitting on the sideline in tears. Also, how do you know the coach doesn't have a back up plan? They're high school kids Alex. 16,17 year olds remember what it's all about. Also, they didn't struggle against Masco. They actually dominated the play.

Comment

God you hate Medford? What did they ever do to you? Show a little compassion for an injury which wasn't preventable(goalie got kicked in the foot/ankle) and for the kid who was sitting on the sideline in tears. Also, how do you know the coach doesn't have a back up plan? They're high school kids Alex. 16,17 year olds remember what it's all about. Also, they didn't struggle against Masco. They actually dominated the play.
              All he's saying is that injuries happen... And that it shouldn't be an excuse as to why they lost. It has nothing to do with a lack of compassion. You don't dominate the run of play and concede 3 times, dominating a game doesn't entail breaking down 3 times.

Comment

All he's saying is that injuries happen... And that it shouldn't be an excuse as to why they lost. It has nothing to do with a lack of compassion. You don't dominate the run of play and concede 3 times, dominating a game doesn't entail breaking down 3 times.
                Sorry meant an excuse as to why they drew, not drew.

Comment

Sorry meant an excuse as to why they drew, not drew.
                  Lost.... I'm just gonna give up here.

Comment

But if you had seen the game, probably as this person had, you would know that having a field player in net doesn't necessarily mean there are break downs. Could be a shot from 30 yards out and the field player doesn't know what to do. If you have not seen the game and how Masconomet score then there is no way of knowing if the defense broke down three times or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post

Alex, been coming on this site for a long time and actually enjoy how much you contribute to this website but I have never seen you be so hard on a team before. They may not be the best team in the state but after seeing them play they are a very talented group of kids. You have been very hard on them from day one and have harped on the coaching numerous times throughout the season. From watching them, they are one of the better coached teams in the state. If you look at their schedule they have a couple of good wins and a couple bad results but what high school team doesn't. Good wins against Lowell (who only has 2 losses on the year to Medford and Malden) and a good win against Malden (who only has two losses on the year to Medford and a pretty good Winchester team). Yes the loss to East Boston is not a good result but they only have one loss and it will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs. I am not trying to defend Medford because with the injury of their goalie I think it'll be hard to win even one playoff game but just pointing out what seems to be an obvious bias to a pretty good team.

Comment

But if you had seen the game, probably as this person had, you would know that having a field player in net doesn't necessarily mean there are break downs. Could be a shot from 30 yards out and the field player doesn't know what to do. If you have not seen the game and how Masconomet score then there is no way of knowing if the defense broke down three times or not.
                        Why would any Varsity team not have a designated back-up keeper? Seems like bad roster planning that cost them--

Comment

Why would any Varsity team not have a designated back-up keeper? Seems like bad roster planning that cost them--
                          Public schools are limited to the players that they have available to them. They probably don't have a viable back up option to use in case of emergencies. I have seen Medford play many times and it's clear these coaches have been around the game long enough to know you need a back up goalie. I highly doubt they made the choice of not having one. Much more likely it's a personnel issue than a coaching issue and that is a whole lot worse situation to have if you're Medford.

Comment

Alex, been coming on this site for a long time and actually enjoy how much you contribute to this website but I have never seen you be so hard on a team before. They may not be the best team in the state but after seeing them play they are a very talented group of kids. You have been very hard on them from day one and have harped on the coaching numerous times throughout the season. From watching them, they are one of the better coached teams in the state. If you look at their schedule they have a couple of good wins and a couple bad results but what high school team doesn't. Good wins against Lowell (who only has 2 losses on the year to Medford and Malden) and a good win against Malden (who only has two losses on the year to Medford and a pretty good Winchester team). Yes the loss to East Boston is not a good result but they only have one loss and it will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs. I am not trying to defend Medford because with the injury of their goalie I think it'll be hard to win even one playoff game but just pointing out what seems to be an obvious bias to a pretty good team.
                            Well written. 100% agree.

Comment

As an exclusion school they can not schedule more than 18 games.

Games 19 and 20 are recorded as 1-0 losses and 1-0 wins for their opponent.

A decent break for 2 teams and a lower seed likely for Brockton.
                              Thanks for clarifying that detail, which wasn't part of the link that was posted.

Comment

I have to agree here. I don't have any allegiance to Medford and I love what you bring to the forum Alex but it does seem like you go out of your way to pile it on when Medford get a less than positive result. My son's team has played Medford this year and they have some serious talent. I don't know how they will fare if their goalie is hurt but the criticism just seemed a bit heavy so I thought I would chime in! Let's stay positive people!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X