X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What!? Larry can't help them?
    From the ten people that lool at the site these days? Probably not. LM has lost so much credibility; not that there was tons to begin with. Plus I think Surf discovered that scheduling a big tourney in the NE isn't so easy - field availability and weather issues, timing vs other big events etc. They're used to being a big cheese out in CA. Here they're just trying to be relevant. Doing a poorly attended half azzed event won't help them achieve their goals.

Comment

talking-soccer

Surf remove references to their labor day travel tournament. Maybe next year ...

They are still advertising the HS tournament but that is going to struggle getting teams with all the restrictions that HS programs operate under.
      Has anyone asked on BOTN what happened? Would like to hear Larry's explanation.

Comment

Has anyone asked on BOTN what happened? Would like to hear Larry's explanation.
        You may want to skip that question on BOTN and go straight to the censorship thread lol!

:)

Comment

https://s.faketrumptweet.com/j4njl6y...9j_12i5mdi.png

Comment

Best post of the month and the month only just started

Comment

If it's a non profit it's probably under the SD Surf umbrella. You can look at their 990 but details for the local level might be hard to suss out - kind of like anoperating division at a big corporation where the company may want to hide a poor performing division..

There's no requirements that a non profit club has to have parents on the board unless mandated by a state law or the organization's own bylaws. A club being a nonprofit doesn't mean it operates like a true charity. I'm the end they're still a business taking advantage of a tax structure
              The San Diego operation is set up as a non for profit. The Westchester version is a for-profit. With out getting to technical, the separate corps protect and create indemnification for San Diego. Non for profit status is not transferable if Westchester has it it a new application.

Comment

The San Diego operation is set up as a non for profit. The Westchester version is a for-profit. With out getting to technical, the separate corps protect and create indemnification for San Diego. Non for profit status is not transferable if Westchester has it it a new application.
                NY is a Delaware non-profit. No requirements in DE about the board, it can be a single person.

Comment

Somebody got the question posted. Let's see if he censors it or answers it.

What happened to the Surf Labor Day tournament

http://www.backofthenet.com/62rd/ubb...inning-schools

Comment

lol funny that he bumped up that HS tourney thread. Surf probably not getting the applications it had hoped for. My guess is Surf bailed on the bigger tourney when they saw too many other Labor Day events were already well entrenched. Surf doesn't have the "cache" to tackle those events yet; they'd be just another event. Most parents and even many coaches dont' know a thing about Surf since they've barely been a blip on the radar thus far

Comment

You requested it ... I asked the question

Comment

No local clubs will ever support Surf. A lot of LIJ clubs boycott Commack Memorial Day because of their affiliation with Susa and Susa has nothing to do with it.

If their basement blogging advisor had half a brain he would tell them they will never get a tournament off the ground the same way Susa's vaporware complex will never host a tournament.

Comment

You requested it ... I asked the question
                          Thx for asking and posting the link. This my chagrin, I went over and surfed a little (pun intended).

Why is Larry posting the GDA app now? He's a little late to the game - over a year late. Heck I believe we have it posted here in the early thread pages.

I love how Larry is usung the app to bash others. Makes me wonder if he scrolled through toward the end where it asks for all WNT/YNT players who have been with the club. Riley has answers for some of those lines. I guess he's trying to deflect the fact that last year NY Surf had zero as they were a start-up. And I guess this year all those college coaches didn't help their app.

Comment

I had to look at the BOTN tryout info (have to admit that's the one good thing about BOTN). Came across this bit of false advertising:

"The New York Surf Soccer Club Girls 2005 Academy team is looking to add 1-2 players to its roster. The team will play in a Regional Premier League while also participating in (4) regional tournament events."

Surf is NOT academy. They know it. LM knows it. Parents who don't understand the landscape can be easily fooled

Comment

There is a sucker born every minute. Youth soccer surely proves this to be true. you are a fool if you are influenced by information read on anonymous forums without doing your own homework.

Comment

Surf tournaments

I can answer it because I actually called larry and asked what happened...nothing happened. surf decided not to run a low level tournament. larry said that starting 2018 there will be a surf college showcase memorial weekend, and ny surf cup at the same time as rthe sandiego surf cup and a third tournament in the summer.

you might want to try and call larry because it seems to me he is very open to discuss but told me he does not engage with anonymous posters ever

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X