Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everyone can kick a ball long. Not many can put the players in place to either defend it or counter it. As soneone said the player iq overall just isnt there.
    I'll bet bc isnt as successful vs a team like uva who plays both styles as needed and isstrong in both.
    Like standford as well. Can play both styles of ball.

Comment

You know nothing. Watch Duke, they play possession. They were absolutely loaded last year but graduated almost the whole starting line up. This year in what might be considered a down rebuilding year they are banging around the teens in the rankings having lost 2 games while relying heavily on Freshman and Sophomores. It comes down to recruiting and any head coach who is consistently in the top 25 year after year clearly knows how to find players to fit their desired style and don't have to switch that style to accommodate the players that they bring in.
      *** are you talking about? There are so many holes in your comment

1. the post you reference support that it takes time to play possession based soccer
      2. Duke does not have the luxury rebuilding years
      3. What does their ranking have to do with anything? Didn't they just lose to another ACC team at home who is relying on more new players than they are ? A team that plays just as much of a possession game as they do ?
      4. in the context of BC, does AF fit the bill ? or is she just trying to get wins as quickly as possible?
      5 Is it to recruit technical high IQ players to Stanford, UVA or Duke based of thier reputations for playing a certain way? or to BC.

Comment

Everyone can kick a ball long. Not many can put the players in place to either defend it or counter it. As soneone said the player iq overall just isnt there.
        I'll bet bc isnt as successful vs a team like uva who plays both styles as needed and isstrong in both.
        I think it all comes down to how "physical" a team like BC is allowed to be.

Comment

Also BC's keeper was way better than FSU. she doesnt make those fsu wins. FSU gk made very questionable decisions including the soft pass to her defender that was picked off, the picking up the backpass ball,etc.

Comment

I think it all comes down to how "physical" a team like BC is allowed to be.
            Just the level of refing staff overall. The tape clearly shows foul allowing bc pk was well before box. The ref called a free kick. Allowed crowd to sway decision.

Comment

Featured Midweek Games

National

Stanford hosts UCLA on Thursday

Local

Holy Cross hosts BU Wed

Terriers need to collect their W here

Wake Forest hosts BC Thurs

Can lightning strike twice. One of the Eagles few road trips this season.

Comment

Also BC's keeper was way better than FSU. she doesnt make those fsu wins. FSU gk made very questionable decisions including the soft pass to her defender that was picked off, the picking up the backpass ball,etc.
                Any thoughts on the IFK that BC got in the 1st half? I thought the decision to play quickly was the right one. FSU was lucky to block the first shot.

Comment

Just the level of refing staff overall. The tape clearly shows foul allowing bc pk was well before box. The ref called a free kick. Allowed crowd to sway decision.
                  What r u talking about? I watched the game and the replay. It was clearly well inside the box. No question on that one.

Comment

What r u talking about? I watched the game and the replay. It was clearly well inside the box. No question on that one.
                    not even close. contact well outside and did not continue into box. Yellow card, fk, no pen. Bad decision.

Comment

not even close. contact well outside and did not continue into box. Yellow card, fk, no pen. Bad decision.
                      I didn't see the play but it wouldn't matter if the contact continued into the penalty area if the initial contact was outside the box then the free kick would be placed at the initial point of contact .

Comment

Any thoughts on the IFK that BC got in the 1st half? I thought the decision to play quickly was the right one. FSU was lucky to block the first shot.
                        More likely BC forward can't shoot straight.

Comment

I didn't see the play but it wouldn't matter if the contact continued into the penalty area if the initial contact was outside the box then the free kick would be placed at the initial point of contact .
                          Not correct. if the referee was going to play advantage after the initial contact and then the foul continued inside the area he would be justified in giving a PK. Where the initial contact occurs is not necessarily the only factor.

In this case as the contact did not continue, PK was the wrong decision.

Comment

The tape shows otherwise. Fouled before entry into box. Commentators were silent on it too even in the replays.

Comment

You dont need to wait. Quick play was correct. Kids need to know how to play.

Comment

Not correct. if the referee was going to play advantage after the initial contact and then the foul continued inside the area he would be justified in giving a PK. Where the initial contact occurs is not necessarily the only factor.

In this case as the contact did not continue, PK was the wrong decision.
                                Agreed. This was a caving to the crowd call. In other words, home field advantage.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X