Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Probably by dozens by goals. What a mess.
    right?! there is quite a difference in training and talent with this group compared to the rest of the division on the girls side. Its especially noticeable in comparison to any of the NY teams. smh.

Comment

right?! there is quite a difference in training and talent with this group compared to the rest of the division on the girls side. Its especially noticeable in comparison to any of the NY teams. smh.
      The quality of a club and the quality if the league or the division are not the same thing. Is what it is

Comment

The quality of a club and the quality if the league or the division are not the same thing. Is what it is
        Exactly why NYCFC is the best. You're right in saying, it is what it is.

Comment

Exactly why NYCFC is the best. You're right in saying, it is what it is.
          Did not say they are not a very good club with very good players and teams. No one can control how diluted all these leagues and divisions have become. They will have some good competition and some not so good like all these leagues. Too many "elite" teams in too many "elite" leagues.

Comment

Did not say they are not a very good club with very good players and teams. No one can control how diluted all these leagues and divisions have become. They will have some good competition and some not so good like all these leagues. Too many "elite" teams in too many "elite" leagues.
            they are the best. period.

Comment

they are the best. period.
              who knows? period. enjoy the game. period.

Comment

You might have missed the millions of dollars Vancouver just collected for setting Alphonso Davies.
                Reyna is still considered an amateur player as he never signed a pro contract with NYCFC - therefor he can leave NYCFC freely with no transfer fee.

Alphonso Davies signed a pro contract with Vancouver and has been playing in MLS games - so going to another pro club creates the big $$$ transfer fee.

Apples and oranges.

Comment

Wow. My son used to play with a lot of kids who went to NYSC a few years back and then a few of those were picked and joined NYCFC. I just checked this year's roster and all those kids are gone - not on the NYCFC roster OR the NYSC roster.

Not sure what happened but i think that's a risk of the system. Gets get moved up and then cut from the highest level that they peak at and then they just quit the sport. Or at least the DA system.

Comment

Wow. My son used to play with a lot of kids who went to NYSC a few years back and then a few of those were picked and joined NYCFC. I just checked this year's roster and all those kids are gone - not on the NYCFC roster OR the NYSC roster.

Not sure what happened but i think that's a risk of the system. Gets get moved up and then cut from the highest level that they peak at and then they just quit the sport. Or at least the DA system.
                    Yup. And NYSC got rid of (almost) all of the non-DA teams, too. So if you were with the club but didn't stay on the DA you got released completely. I suppose there is still FCW or Beachside, too?

Comment

Yup. And NYSC got rid of (almost) all of the non-DA teams, too. So if you were with the club but didn't stay on the DA you got released completely. I suppose there is still FCW or Beachside, too?
                      BS has gone down the toilet. Teams did very poorly last year, they lost a ton of players to NYSC, were supposed to build a facility but now arent' and the funds raised via donations are who knows where. FCW isn't great but a better option if you insist on staying in DA. Doing a top quality non DA team is always an option as well depending on your options

Comment

BS has gone down the toilet. Teams did very poorly last year, they lost a ton of players to NYSC, were supposed to build a facility but now arent' and the funds raised via donations are who knows where. FCW isn't great but a better option if you insist on staying in DA. Doing a top quality non DA team is always an option as well depending on your options
                        For Westchester based kids there's not much. FCW with premier teams, Eastern has NPL i think? White Plains?

Comment

Now that NYFC has a facility to pay for I wouldn't be surprised if they add back non DA teams at some point. God only knows there's enough leagues around for them to put teams. Clubs are supposed to reduce fees to DA teams and that's not easy to do without some other teams to help the budget.

Comment

how NYCFC academy pick the kids for next year academy 2019?
                            City training is the one for 2008? how about older kids ? if someone knows

Comment

Now that NYFC has a facility to pay for I wouldn't be surprised if they add back non DA teams at some point. God only knows there's enough leagues around for them to put teams. Clubs are supposed to reduce fees to DA teams and that's not easy to do without some other teams to help the budget.
                              Think this was supposed to be NYSC. They are not adding back non-DA teams. They have made the decision to only field DA for boys and will continue to have DA and "HS" teams for girls. They have a facility but it is not enough space to schedule every game and practice for so many teams.

Comment

Think this was supposed to be NYSC. They are not adding back non-DA teams. They have made the decision to only field DA for boys and will continue to have DA and "HS" teams for girls. They have a facility but it is not enough space to schedule every game and practice for so many teams.
                                They can always go back to renting fields. It isn't easy for smaller clubs to do DA only when they're pushed by USSF to at least try and keep DA fees lower.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X