Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U18G 2018/19 Season in Florida

The Girls 00/01 age group in Florida has proven to be one of the stronger age groups despite them having to absorb the change to Birth Year policy. With this being their last year of club soccer, several teams look very strong (regardless of leagues). IMG, FESA, Sunrise, TBU, etc. Wouldn't that be great to bring them all together in the middle of the State, say Auburndale, and let them play?

I'll pay for ribs at Peebles Bar-B-Q!

Don't leave out West Florida Flames. They won 2 or 3 games last year and are poised to make a push.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The Girls 00/01 age group in Florida has proven to be one of the stronger age groups despite them having to absorb the change to Birth Year policy. With this being their last year of club soccer, several teams look very strong (regardless of leagues). IMG, FESA, Sunrise, TBU, etc. Wouldn't that be great to bring them all together in the middle of the State, say Auburndale, and let them play?

That would makle FYSA relevant again. Are there any rules against just ogranizing a "friendly" across leagues?

That would be cool.....

Comment

Don't leave out West Florida Flames. They won 2 or 3 games last year and are poised to make a push.
        Didn't you just lose to TBU's 3rd team in CDL 5-0 last weekend...? I think we can leave out West Florida Flames from this conversation...

Comment

Didn't you just lose to TBU's 3rd team in CDL 5-0 last weekend...? I think we can leave out West Florida Flames from this conversation...
          Ouch...way to start the season. It's going to be a long year for that team.

Comment

Another trip to Armpit, Florida and free hepatitis from Peeples? Meet you in front of WalMart.
            Sign me up.

Comment

Ouch...way to start the season. It's going to be a long year for that team.
              Legit question-when was the last time the WFF had a competitive team at any level in the older ages (U13 & up)? Both boys & girls.
              I believe it has been awhile.

Comment

This could be fun. Sort of organize it like the BCS College Football Playoffs only expand it to 6-8 teams. Couple of top Florida teams from each league and a few "at-large teams" that are having success. Most of the high-end 00/01 girls know each other by now and it would be one last chance to have them play with/against each other before heading off to college next year.

Comment

This could be fun. Sort of organize it like the BCS College Football Playoffs only expand it to 6-8 teams. Couple of top Florida teams from each league and a few "at-large teams" that are having success. Most of the high-end 00/01 girls know each other by now and it would be one last chance to have them play with/against each other before heading off to college next year.
                  Nice how you refer to these young women as "high-end," like you would a commodity or prostitute. Good job Dad.

Comment

Nice how you refer to these young women as "high-end," like you would a commodity or prostitute. Good job Dad.
                    Fixed it.....

This could be fun. Sort of organize it like the BCS College Football Playoffs only expand it to 6-8 teams. Couple of top Florida teams from each league and a few "at-large teams" that are having success. Most of the recruited 00/01 girls know each other by now and it would be one last chance to have them play with/against each other before heading off to college next year.

Comment

Another trip to Armpit, Florida and free hepatitis from Peeples? Meet you in front of WalMart.
                      Sign me up.
                      They could have it at TBU's new tournament complex!

https://tampasportsplex.com/amentities

Comment

Legit question-when was the last time the WFF had a competitive team at any level in the older ages (U13 & up)? Both boys & girls.
                        I believe it has been awhile.
                        2012, 2013...3rd in the nation in the TOP league in the nation. Yes, it has been a while. You can thank YoYo for that mess as he took over the girl's program in 2014!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X