Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm calling B.S. on the Anti-FESA Propaganda Thread

All summer long the "FESA is abusing St. Johns County taxpayers" thread has averaged 10-20 posts every day. We have been at this club since it became FESA and the vast majority of the posts are factually incorrect, or one-sided or an isolated instance.

I used to think it was one or more disgruntled FESA parents because some of the information (names, initials, dates, locations, events, etc.) are consistent with reality at FESA. But after reading all these posts all summer long I am calling B.S. on 90% of what is posted there and I am conviced it is the work of a competing club that is trying to cast a negative light on what is actually an overall well-run club.

Is FESA perfect? No. Does it occassionally make bone-headed decisions in regard to players, teams, events, etc. Yes. But it is overall trending in a positive direction and it provides a great player/parent experience for thousands of families.

What makes me think that 90% of the posts are a propaganda campaign? Just read through a smattering of them and you will see that vast majority are written in the same "voice" with a particular style and choice of words. How many people refer to the families at FESA as "the legions?" That phrase is used constantly. Or the hundreds of posts about what happened with the composite ECNL team for Nationals? I am familiar with what happened with that and I don't know of any families that feel that poorly about - especially enough to post about it several times a day for 8 weeks!

Plus, whenever anybody challenges the negative poster to bring these "supposed issues" to the leadership or BOD, their only response for not doing that is "fear of retaliation." There are dozen of ways that these issues could be surfaced in a constructive way without a specific family's name attached to it. I'm calling B.S.!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All summer long the "FESA is abusing St. Johns County taxpayers" thread has averaged 10-20 posts every day. We have been at this club since it became FESA and the vast majority of the posts are factually incorrect, or one-sided or an isolated instance.

I used to think it was one or more disgruntled FESA parents because some of the information (names, initials, dates, locations, events, etc.) are consistent with reality at FESA. But after reading all these posts all summer long I am calling B.S. on 90% of what is posted there and I am conviced it is the work of a competing club that is trying to cast a negative light on what is actually an overall well-run club.

Is FESA perfect? No. Does it occassionally make bone-headed decisions in regard to players, teams, events, etc. Yes. But it is overall trending in a positive direction and it provides a great player/parent experience for thousands of families.

What makes me think that 90% of the posts are a propaganda campaign? Just read through a smattering of them and you will see that vast majority are written in the same "voice" with a particular style and choice of words. How many people refer to the families at FESA as "the legions?" That phrase is used constantly. Or the hundreds of posts about what happened with the composite ECNL team for Nationals? I am familiar with what happened with that and I don't know of any families that feel that poorly about - especially enough to post about it several times a day for 8 weeks!

Plus, whenever anybody challenges the negative poster to bring these "supposed issues" to the leadership or BOD, their only response for not doing that is "fear of retaliation." There are dozen of ways that these issues could be surfaced in a constructive way without a specific family's name attached to it. I'm calling B.S.!
    Lynn Basham or Chris Bender on this one.

Comment

Spin it however you want, the LEGIONS are not buying it. This club has become a money grubbing enterprise committed to growth for the sake of it. It cares solely about its top teams winning but wants the others to pay for it. Deny it all you want. The LEGIONS know.

Comment

Please explain to the legions what is FACTUALLY-INCORRECT, because it was, you have had good opportunity to set it straight but now you want to start a new thread? Is that you Bubb?

Comment

I have pulled my kids from FESA as have a lot of other parents that we know. We are not located in the Jacksonville area. Maybe things are run differently there, but further south it is horrendous. To the extent that some boys have actually gone back to playing rec - and not FESA rec. We moved our kids to another club. We have to travel, but are much happier.

Comment

Thank you for providing another thread for sounding off nimrod.

Comment

The other clubs are trying hard to recruit FESA players and money.

Comment

That would make your deflection easy, too bad its not true. Time to turn in the SB logo'ed knee pads.

Comment

Now that's funny. You know how much time it would take to reprogram their thinking about soccer being about skill and not brute strength. I'm sure there is a few stellar players on each team but pretty sure your surrounding clubs want a certain character of player. Again, some might still be saved but it would take some time. Of course any club would take the extra income but the other clubs would be more upfront about expectations. No bait and switch.

Comment

Yes - This is correct. But, SB doesn't give a flying f#ck. Keep attacking Fesa as we grow and establish the best club in Jacksonville and the state of Florida. Piss off Pat C. Armada is now 4 years behind. Keep giving free Rec nights aholes. The numbers are flowing at fesa.

Comment

Yes - This is correct. But, SB doesn't give a flying f#ck. Keep attacking Fesa as we grow and establish the best club in Jacksonville and the state of Florida. Piss off Pat C. Armada is now 4 years behind. Keep giving free Rec nights aholes. The numbers are flowing at fesa.
                      Oh lord. That is you Bubb. You must be getting scared with all that defiant lashing out. I may feel sorry for you soon when you have to look for a new job and suckers far away from here.

Comment

You’re calling BS the coach?

Comment

Now that's funny. You know how much time it would take to reprogram their thinking about soccer being about skill and not brute strength. I'm sure there is a few stellar players on each team but pretty sure your surrounding clubs want a certain character of player. Again, some might still be saved but it would take some time. Of course any club would take the extra income but the other clubs would be more upfront about expectations. No bait and switch.
                          That's funny. Like every other soccer club in north florida has the best skilled players and the best liscensed coaches.

Comment

I agree. I used to think it was the person nicknamed "Rainman" and his/her insistent posting about the handling of ECNL Nationals 8-weeks ago. However, after reading their rants for the last 8-weeks I am convinced that it is someone from another club with a propaganda agenda. Any "real" parent would have done one of these three things; 1) accepted the circumstances for what they are and moved on and gotten ready for the next season, or 2) approached club leadership about the situation and negotiated a solution, or 3) moved on to another club and quit the constant posting on TS. I agree with the person calling B.S.!

Comment

Lynn Basham or Chris Bender on this one.
                              Or codfish maybe!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X