Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why anyone has any interest in the national team is beyond me.

Hope Solo is a bitter, mean, generally awful human. Same could be said about 90% of the national team players. Drugs, depression, sour egos. Same on the men's team, which has a bunch of sad losers.

To each their own, but it sounds like a bad place to be.

Many of the men have an IQ level of a walnut.
    Drugs, alcohol, arrests, depression...sounds like the national team knows how to party hard.

Comment

Drugs, alcohol, arrests, depression...sounds like the national team knows how to party hard.
      Its what happens to kids that are not well rounded and forced to believe their self worth comes at the price of juggling a soccer ball.

Comment

Because US Club built from nothing a nationwide program to support girls when US Soccer passed on it 10 years ago.

They, built, something . . . that bureaucrats over the last 2 years have tried to emasculate.

Throw in that many US Club members find the GDA restrictions/absolutism misguided.
        Still doesn't answer the question where was all this consternation when they(US Soccer) did this exact same program for the boys 10 years ago?

Prior to the boys DA USYS had built a Boys & Girls platform of nationwide competition that dwarfs US club's brief experimental showcase 'player marketing' effort for girls.

Seems like US club doesnt like the taste of their own medicine.

US Soccer runs the show for the country's elite.

Comment

Still doesn't answer the question where was all this consternation when they(US Soccer) did this exact same program for the boys 10 years ago?

Prior to the boys DA USYS had built a Boys & Girls platform of nationwide competition that dwarfs US club's brief experimental showcase 'player marketing' effort for girls.

Seems like US club doesnt like the taste of their own medicine.

US Soccer runs the show for the country's elite.
          I’m the OP who started this thread so I’ll answer. I had no consternation about boys DA because 1) I don’t have a boy playing soccer and 2) the DA started way before my time as a soccer parent.

I think the reason the boys DA was more widely accepted was pretty simple. There was no other option for the best boy players. Girls DA was founded to solve a problem that ECNL is too expensive. Given that so few GDA clubs are subsidized, it has failed. And before you ask, as I said in my OP, I’m not an ECNL parent. Just a fan of the game and our national team.

Comment

I’m the OP who started this thread so I’ll answer. I had no consternation about boys DA because 1) I don’t have a boy playing soccer and 2) the DA started way before my time as a soccer parent.

I think the reason the boys DA was more widely accepted was pretty simple. There was no other option for the best boy players. Girls DA was founded to solve a problem that ECNL is too expensive. Given that so few GDA clubs are subsidized, it has failed. And before you ask, as I said in my OP, I’m not an ECNL parent. Just a fan of the game and our national team.
            The best boys played USYS and ODP for decades prior to Boys DA, just like the girls. This option for the 'best' boys was established and run by usys with incedible talent and competition.

A spilnter league driven to showcase girls due to title ix trickle downt abundant funding is called a market response. Not to be confused with US Soccer DA.

You should be neutral about the DA boys & Girls DA its a US Soccer Develipment platform that does cause HS and clubs talent loss, but its in the best interest of the players and a genuine source of pride for clubs who graduate players to a higher level.

US Club and USYS are tasked with admibistering leagues with the end gial of providing DA clubs with the best coaches and talent they produce as a by product.

This is th US Soccer ecosystem and its up an running whether you like it or not.

Comment

I am not a parent of an ECNL or GDA player, but every person who cares about the future of women’s soccer in our country should be alarmed by the announcement of the u15 World Cup roster. US soccer isn’t even pretending to play fair anymore. Only one player not from an academy club.

I know many of you have your preferences and biases but ask yourself if you truly believe that out of all the ECNL and non-GDA u15 players in our country, is it reasonable that only ONE was good enough for this team? That’s nonsense.

US Soccer has sent a very clear message. There is no path to the national team but through them. That is their right, I guess, but it’s holding our kids hostage (what about kids who live nowhere near an academy club?) and is bad, sleazy business.

A national team is supposed to be about gathering the best. That process is always subjective and open to criticism. But what US soccer is doing is clearly trying to drive a strong competitor out of business. And that hurts our future national team, our players, and Youth Soccer as a whole.

I predict in 10-15 years our national team will be passed up by anywhere from 3-6 other nations. We are already struggling to regain dominance. But if this pattern of selecting girls only from one platform continues, we won’t be medaling in the Olympics or winning world cups again for a long long time.
              Mission Accomplished best talent plays DA. Now lets keep pushing the game forward.

Comment

I am not a parent of an ECNL or GDA player, but every person who cares about the future of women’s soccer in our country should be alarmed by the announcement of the u15 World Cup roster. US soccer isn’t even pretending to play fair anymore. Only one player not from an academy club.

I know many of you have your preferences and biases but ask yourself if you truly believe that out of all the ECNL and non-GDA u15 players in our country, is it reasonable that only ONE was good enough for this team? That’s nonsense.

US Soccer has sent a very clear message. There is no path to the national team but through them. That is their right, I guess, but it’s holding our kids hostage (what about kids who live nowhere near an academy club?) and is bad, sleazy business.

A national team is supposed to be about gathering the best. That process is always subjective and open to criticism. But what US soccer is doing is clearly trying to drive a strong competitor out of business. And that hurts our future national team, our players, and Youth Soccer as a whole.

I predict in 10-15 years our national team will be passed up by anywhere from 3-6 other nations. We are already struggling to regain dominance. But if this pattern of selecting girls only from one platform continues, we won’t be medaling in the Olympics or winning world cups again for a long long time.
                It use to be only USYS talent made natiinal tesms, todsy its evolved into the top tier of DA.

No Big desl.

Comment

GDA really struggles to get top talent due to the high school ban in my opinion.

Comment

GDA really struggles to get top talent due to the high school ban in my opinion.
                    Not really, because the top players that are in the national pool or have a secure spot in their respective age group team do not have time for high school soccer based upon their commitments to the national team, so the high school ban is a non issue for the top kids.

Comment

Not really, because the top players that are in the national pool or have a secure spot in their respective age group team do not have time for high school soccer based upon their commitments to the national team, so the high school ban is a non issue for the top kids.
                      Right. That’s why Mal Pugh never played HS soccer. Wait...

Comment

Fun fact: 90% of senior national team were dual sport athletes in high school. It is a disturbing stat for GDA brass and one they are on the way to eliminating. Hopefully our dominance on world stage doesnt go away also. Why ditching a good thing to assimilate to the Euro style?

Comment

Fun fact: 90% of senior national team were dual sport athletes in high school. It is a disturbing stat for GDA brass and one they are on the way to eliminating. Hopefully our dominance on world stage doesnt go away also. Why ditching a good thing to assimilate to the Euro style?
                          Of course they were, there was no DA for them, just a local club and ODP.

Things Change.

Fun fact between 1999 and 2015 US Women didn't win the WC as all these ladies played HS.

We got a huge head start on the rest of small women's soccer playing world and they have caught up and passed us by not having college or hs soccer in their countries.

Comment

Put them in warehouses and train them hard with robots. That’ll make them great. We can deal with the alcohol, drugs, depression and maladjusted social skills later. So what if they crash and burn.

Comment

No! We need to train them MORE. Push them harder. Faster. Cut them off from fun and friends. Push push push.

Comment

Of course they were, there was no DA for them, just a local club and ODP.

Things Change.

Fun fact between 1999 and 2015 US Women didn't win the WC as all these ladies played HS.

We got a huge head start on the rest of small women's soccer playing world and they have caught up and passed us by not having college or hs soccer in their countries.
                                We were in the final game most of those years. We won the Olympics a few times during this span, plus World cup in Canada. And most likely we win the next one. The world will not catch us unless we start training just like they do. Dare to be different and great. It has worked pretty well. Our HS/ club and ODP / College route is the best way for us as a country to go. Our mens teams were even more competitive when this was their route to National team. This new gda/da platform narrows the funnel and closes minds of people making decisions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X