Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am not against USSDA, but really there's 2 worlds of DA: MLS and everyone else. The MLS Academies are so far ahead in terms of being a "pro academy" that the comparison is similar to DA vs. club. Galaxy has the first team mentoring the academy players, and most players attend class right there at Stub Hub. Philly Union, Dallas, and a couple others also have their players all day, living together and going to the same school. DC United now have the online school requirement for its players so they have more flexible training hours so they have more exposure to first team coaches and training experience. They also have about 6 levels of teams to move players through, all being coached in the same method as determined by the academy director and in line with the first team. An by first team, I mean the MLS team, not the top DA team.
    Before there's all the responses about, "Well Chargers DA beat X MLS Academy team..." That doesn't matter to any of the MLS Academies, and they prove it every week. Their top players aren't staying on their academy teams, they're moved to the PDL, USL, or MLS team. Galaxy, Dallas, and many other MLS teams have signed multiple players from the academy instead of keeping them on a u16 or u18 DA team to win some DA league game or tournament.

And the best player on that TBU National Champ team last year stayed and is probably still the best player.

The DA is fine, provides a more professional training schedule than almost every club system, but it's not the only way, and there's certainly a difference in the level of professionalism between DA clubs. Heck, look at the mess OC made of their academy, there's even quite a difference between levels within MLS.
    Does DC United not have the kids attend the private school that was affiliated with the club any longer? That never seemed to be working out.

Comment

I am not against USSDA, but really there's 2 worlds of DA: MLS and everyone else. The MLS Academies are so far ahead in terms of being a "pro academy" that the comparison is similar to DA vs. club. Galaxy has the first team mentoring the academy players, and most players attend class right there at Stub Hub. Philly Union, Dallas, and a couple others also have their players all day, living together and going to the same school. DC United now have the online school requirement for its players so they have more flexible training hours so they have more exposure to first team coaches and training experience. They also have about 6 levels of teams to move players through, all being coached in the same method as determined by the academy director and in line with the first team. An by first team, I mean the MLS team, not the top DA team.
      Before there's all the responses about, "Well Chargers DA beat X MLS Academy team..." That doesn't matter to any of the MLS Academies, and they prove it every week. Their top players aren't staying on their academy teams, they're moved to the PDL, USL, or MLS team. Galaxy, Dallas, and many other MLS teams have signed multiple players from the academy instead of keeping them on a u16 or u18 DA team to win some DA league game or tournament.

And the best player on that TBU National Champ team last year stayed and is probably still the best player.

The DA is fine, provides a more professional training schedule than almost every club system, but it's not the only way, and there's certainly a difference in the level of professionalism between DA clubs. Heck, look at the mess OC made of their academy, there's even quite a difference between levels within MLS.
      Way to deflect from the original discussion. We were talking about the difference between the Clearwater DA and this National championship runner up team U17 TBU team. Straight from the parents that were on that team the previous year told me that the Chargers would win by 4 or 5 goals, but yes, there were 1 or 2 players that could compete, not win, starting spots on the DA team. Trust me, the best players from that team came over to the DA. The kid you are thinking of at TBU, that you say is the best player, would have made the team, but it would have been hard for him to start, which is why he stayed at TBU. Think about it, if he was so good, why no national team consideration, like the players at the Chargers DA? TBU U17B is the 2nd best regular club team in the country. We say this to merely illustrate the difference between regular club soccer nowadays and, ok, I'll bite, regular DA soccer (non MLS). Not everyone lives by or can move to an MLS academy, just like not everyone lives by or can move to where a regular DA is. However, in an area were the other Junior DA club, TBU, and other clubs in the area, are at war with the chargers and in an area were soccer is probably the 4th most popular sport among youths, they do a damn good job of competing against the big MLS academies. I would consider, with what they produce, to now be, not historically, to be one of the top non mls DA clubs in America. If all the other clubs in the area and TBU would work with the Chargers DA by pushing their best players to them, they would be even better. If that happened, they could be on the same level as Weston.

Comment

First off I didn’t realize that one kid stood out on that team more than 2-3 others? Top 3 are very close.

Comment

I think the Chargers DA team could beat that TBU team. No big deal, but in the overall picture, the non-MLS DA is really not a big deal either. By the way, the u17 USMNT people are looking at some of those TBU players, and some get PDL time also. Maybe some Chargers guys are getting trials also, I don't know. Just as some Chargers are playing on national teams and some have eventually made pro. I can only think of 2, but maybe there's some more.
          There's also plenty of players who try Chargers DA for a couple seasons, leave, and are fine. They're successful for their level, and sometimes play at a higher level after DA than many players who stay with DA. Sometimes they don't like DA, sometimes they don't like Chargers, sometimes they would rather play club & high school. I don't know of any of those guys that went pro, but they're playing D1 soccer just like some guys that stay in DA.
          Comparing Chargers DA and another successful club team is really useless. They're not competing for the same titles, nor even have the same goals as a team. More players from Chargers DA will play at another level, but there's plenty of club guys that will play at the same exact level. Just as a guy who leaves Chelsea academy can make it at another smaller club and end up a much better player than his old academy teammates.

Comment

I think the Chargers DA team could beat that TBU team. No big deal, but in the overall picture, the non-MLS DA is really not a big deal either. By the way, the u17 USMNT people are looking at some of those TBU players, and some get PDL time also. Maybe some Chargers guys are getting trials also, I don't know. Just as some Chargers are playing on national teams and some have eventually made pro. I can only think of 2, but maybe there's some more.
            There's also plenty of players who try Chargers DA for a couple seasons, leave, and are fine. They're successful for their level, and sometimes play at a higher level after DA than many players who stay with DA. Sometimes they don't like DA, sometimes they don't like Chargers, sometimes they would rather play club & high school. I don't know of any of those guys that went pro, but they're playing D1 soccer just like some guys that stay in DA.
            Comparing Chargers DA and another successful club team is really useless. They're not competing for the same titles, nor even have the same goals as a team. More players from Chargers DA will play at another level, but there's plenty of club guys that will play at the same exact level. Just as a guy who leaves Chelsea academy can make it at another smaller club and end up a much better player than his old academy teammates.
            Pdl?? No pdl in Tampa?

Comment

First off I didn’t realize that one kid stood out on that team more than 2-3 others? Top 3 are very close.
              No players on that team stood out. There is only one kid on that team that has a scholarship and it's to a low level D1 school. Welcome to the bench for 4 years kid. No national team pool players with just average talent. They play well as a team but not even close to one pro player out there. Not special at all. Like watching girls soccer compared to the DA.

Comment

No players on that team stood out. There is only one kid on that team that has a scholarship and it's to a low level D1 school. Welcome to the bench for 4 years kid. No national team pool players with just average talent. They play well as a team but not even close to one pro player out there. Not special at all. Like watching girls soccer compared to the DA.
                Actually, so far:

1 player to Dartmouth
                1 Player to UNCW
                1 player to UNF

and several more players with D1 offers.

Compared to Chargers DA that is much better...

Comment

Actually, so far:

1 player to Dartmouth
                  1 Player to UNCW
                  1 player to UNF

and several more players with D1 offers.

Compared to Chargers DA that is much better...
                  Really, is that what you think? Those are all juggernaut soccer schools. Well done. You win, your right, you are much better than the Chargers DA.

Comment

Really, is that what you think? Those are all juggernaut soccer schools. Well done. You win, your right, you are much better than the Chargers DA.
                    What charger DA commitments? We know several players there and so far no significant commitments from 2019s other than a one that plays U18/19 going to Michigan, by the way Dartmouth is ranked 13.. just saying. Chargers DA does nothing to support its players

Comment

Not in your wettest dream. I asked that specific question to the parents of the players that came over from that TBU team to the DA and they said that while there were one or two field players that could have made the DA roster, that stayed at TBU, the level of play and competition was much much higher at the DA level. They said the TBU national Championship team would lose by about 4 or 5 goals to the Chargers DA team. They stated that the speed and physicality of the DA level was just much higher, which is the way it should be, don't you think?
                      Lest schedule a game. Oh yeah, DAvwould never do this of fear of getting beat. I mention the LEG AZ state championship U-18 team crushing the Orlando City Academy team. Orlando City was the one of the top DA teams last year.

Comment

Lest schedule a game. Oh yeah, DAvwould never do this of fear of getting beat. I mention the LEG AZ state championship U-18 team crushing the Orlando City Academy team. Orlando City was the one of the top DA teams last year.
                        Why would we do that when we would have a tougher match against our U15 team. It is about level of play your kid and his team, do not have it. Sorry.

Comment

Why would we do that when we would have a tougher match against our U15 team. It is about level of play your kid and his team, do not have it. Sorry.
                          Know both teams and they follow a pretty familiar theme. If you combined them, the top five or six players would come from CLW (of course we know a few of them were developed at TBU...but I digress) and after that the roster would be weighted more with TBU players. The best five or six players at most DAs are clearly better than top club players but when you start looking at 6-18 on a DA roster there is not much of a difference. MLS clubs, in general, are deeper we just haven't seen that in Florida....particularly with this age group. Show me a DA player getting national or even regional pool invites, pursued by high D1 programs, and getting 80+ minutes every game....just don't lump your kid in there because he has a DA patch on the jersey.

Comment

Know both teams and they follow a pretty familiar theme. If you combined them, the top five or six players would come from CLW (of course we know a few of them were developed at TBU...but I digress) and after that the roster would be weighted more with TBU players. The best five or six players at most DAs are clearly better than top club players but when you start looking at 6-18 on a DA roster there is not much of a difference. MLS clubs, in general, are deeper we just haven't seen that in Florida....particularly with this age group. Show me a DA player getting national or even regional pool invites, pursued by high D1 programs, and getting 80+ minutes every game....just don't lump your kid in there because he has a DA patch on the jersey.
                            What in the Sam Hill are you talking about? Stop with the late afternoon drinking and typing. You would have only two players, three at the most that could have made the DA from that team, for this past years team, not likely starters, mind you. Gets harder each year, so this year and next year, wasn't going to happen. DA is not going to happen for any of those 2 to 3 players, should have come over last year and they would have been much better players for it, with much better exposure. See, the hundreds of scouts at the FC Dallas and LA Galaxy games in San Diego compared the to very few Division 2 scouts at your championship game. Also, keep in mind, many of those players on your team were at the Chargers DA and were given their marching orders, kicked to the curb and not good enough to make the DA team, let alone return. Heck, I will hand it to them, they found the next best regular club option, probably in the country, so they have that going for them, but not nearly the best.

Comment

Yeah and some of the players were developed at WFF, West Pasco, FC Tampa, Strictly, FC Sarasota, etc, etc, etc. What's your point? That is the way it is supposed to work, dumb-ass, for all DA's. Look at Atlanta's roster, they come from clubs all over Georgia and beyond. TBU is feeder club (and you always will be), like all other clubs in the Tampa bay area to the Chargers DA. You just can't accept that.

Comment

Chargers DA program is one of the worst in the country. TBU had 2 teams reach Nationals, Chargers teams couldn't even make it out of the first round of State Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X