Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top USA League U17 Boys "Premier" teams playing Region Cup

Really? Is the USA league that bad? Region Cup (against D2 and D3 teams) over State Cup? I guess if you aim at nothing you will hit it every time!?!?

Myob

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? Is the USA league that bad? Region Cup (against D2 and D3 teams) over State Cup? I guess if you aim at nothing you will hit it every time!?!?
    Sheesh, why do you care soo much? I suppose it was you who bad-mouthed Cape Coral last year. Teams I sure have reasons for doing what they do and they don't need to explain to the likes of you. Leave them alone.

Comment

Sheesh, why do you care soo much? I suppose it was you who bad-mouthed Cape Coral last year. Teams I sure have reasons for doing what they do and they don't need to explain to the likes of you. Leave them alone.
      during season we dropped to 12 field players and no goalie. hard grind in those situations where you know you'll be knocked out in first round of SC so what is the point? they asked the team the team elected to try to go as far as they could with what they had in Region Cup.

Comment

during season we dropped to 12 field players and no goalie. hard grind in those situations where you know you'll be knocked out in first round of SC so what is the point? they asked the team the team elected to try to go as far as they could with what they had in Region Cup.
        Like I said - no explaination needed. Good luck to you in the future. Hopefully you can pick up some decent players to fill out; obviously you have a quality core.

Comment

So is Bonita Springs the favorite????????

Comment

How Ironic that only one of the "Premier" teams will even make it to the Region Cup finals. I'm sure when Bonita and FC Tampa entered in search of a "trophy" they probably thought they would be the only one. I could just hear the two coaches before the semi-final: Coach one : "What are you doing here?" Coach two: "What are YOU doing here.?" Too funny. Each thought it an easy road to the State Semis. Now if only East Pasco/Brandon can come through. . . . .

Comment

The question is............

How Ironic that only one of the "Premier" teams will even make it to the Region Cup finals. I'm sure when Bonita and FC Tampa entered in search of a "trophy" they probably thought they would be the only one. I could just hear the two coaches before the semi-final: Coach one : "What are you doing here?" Coach two: "What are YOU doing here.?" Too funny. Each thought it an easy road to the State Semis. Now if only East Pasco/Brandon can come through. . . . .
              What are you doing here? Again, why do you care so much?

Comment

Good luck :)

Comment

Good luck :)
                  To the winner of East Pasco/Brandon in the final.

Comment

These teams does belong in region cup. Think!!! Would you as a college coach waste your gas to watch USA league kids play in state cup? No scout is that stupid. Allow these boys to remain and enjoy. its their final 2 years of recreation.

Comment

These teams does belong in region cup. Think!!! Would you as a college coach waste your gas to watch USA league kids play in state cup? No scout is that stupid. Allow these boys to remain and enjoy. its their final 2 years of recreation.
                      I'd like to pipe in, here.

President's Cup starts with Region C and any team is eligible, even rec teams if they want.

Kids and coach can do anything they want. USA league does not have hard/fast rules like CDL Division One does (teams have to play State Cup in CDL, division one). Depending on the age group, USA can have VERY good teams, especially the top 2-3 teams in the table. I don't think where college coaches are going to be looking should have anything to do with it at all. Parents, Kids and coach should want a challenge I would think and not "plow" through all the lower level D2-D3 teams, only getting a challenge maybe at the State semi or finals level.

Again, kids and coach can do anything they want as far as I know.

Comment

Lleague does not have hard/fast rules like CDL Division One does (teams have to play State Cup in CDL, division one).
                        I never heard of this CDL rule requiring entrance to State Cup. The Tampa Chargers entered several CDL teams in Region Cup (U-18, U-17 and U-15 boys).

Comment

I never heard of this CDL rule requiring entrance to State Cup. The Tampa Chargers entered several CDL teams in Region Cup (U-18, U-17 and U-15 boys).
                          Prior to the formation FPL and NPL, this was the rule for CDL D1 division teams. This prevented top level U13 and up-- CDL teams from sand bagging in Region Cup (which was happening on occasion). Now that top level teams in certain age groups are playing FPL and NPL, this moves "2nd" teams up to the CDL slot (from D2 or USA D2) and thus it is probably not the case anymore.

The Chargers teams in U17 boys Region Cup last week was the "New Tampa" 2nd team. The VSI teams were West Florida Premier and Brandon's 2nd teams, I believe.

Comment

Who cares? If your kid picks his college based on soccer god help him later.

Comment

Who cares? If your kid picks his college based on soccer god help him later.
                              Ageed, but this does nothing to add to the discussion and is off topic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X