Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am the OP of the 40% post. Fury charges $4300 + stipends and travel costs for the coaches, + misc costs which ends up being about $700 total for the year. Ask someone who was on the team last year. LISC is charging $3000 flat. No coaches stipends or travel/hotel fees.

Of course with both teams the travel expenses for the girls are not included in that fee. 3000 is 60% of 5000. Thus they charge 40% less......
    That is a big difference. They should have publicized that more. Again it seems they were behind the eight ball during tryout season. You have to be out front and they were slow which cost them even though they got a few players from the 2004 group. Could have been a lot better for LISC. Good luck to them.

Comment

LISC still advertising "open practices" on BOTN.

Comment

LISC still advertising "open practices" on BOTN.
        and?....

Comment

and?....
          Da teams shouldn't be looking for players in August.

Comment

Receiving emails advertising open spots on Fury and Albertsons rosters as well.

Guess lots of teams still looking

Comment

That's what happens when there's too many top teams and not enough top players, shocking no one but the clubs and USSF

Comment

'Da' parents are the consumer and as such aren't obligated to make quick decisions all because some club needs to get their money ASAP. Does your kid play here on LI? Not sure how it works wherever you're from (or maybe your kid rides the bench mostly and you need to feel secure about his or her roster spot) but most if not ALL teams are basically walk on...

you got the money - you're kid can play anywhere they want. Sad but VERY true...

Comment

'Da' parents are the consumer and as such aren't obligated to make quick decisions all because some club needs to get their money ASAP. Does your kid play here on LI? Not sure how it works wherever you're from (or maybe your kid rides the bench mostly and you need to feel secure about his or her roster spot) but most if not ALL teams are basically walk on...

you got the money - you're kid can play anywhere they want. Sad but VERY true...
                  but DA is the bestest!

Comment

Did you all forget there is also supposedly an EDP team? Those rosters do not have to be set until sometime in Sept. I believe. So most likely that is what all these team are still advertising for. I thought most of these academy teams were making an EDP team as their B team.

Comment

...most if not ALL teams are basically walk on...

This gets thrown around all the time but every year I see kids get cut or demoted. Presumably from fairly well off families, too.

Comment

This gets thrown around all the time but every year I see kids get cut or demoted. Presumably from fairly well off families, too.
                        I don't know what kind of team your kid plays on, but I have seen those teams "cut" players because they found another sucker whose kid might be slightly better or because the family was too difficult...but I have also watched those same "cut" players try out again the next season or play as a "discovery player" and when the roster spots need to be filled...who comes right back....

but clearly you are one of the as you called it "fairly well off families" so you take your money wherever its accepted and ask no questions and walk around with blinders on...or youre a coach defending what most of us parents whose kids play at the so-called "higher level" because you'd hate to have your seedy operations exposed....eh, shrug...good one though thumbs up for effort

Comment

I am confused - isn't this thread about LISC? I came to this site to see what the whispers where about but everything I read so far is either slanderous against LISC or discussing generic soccer matters. Please stop with the pettiness and start your own thread since you want to go off topic.

Comment

I don't know what kind of team your kid plays on, but I have seen those teams "cut" players because they found another sucker whose kid might be slightly better or because the family was too difficult...but I have also watched those same "cut" players try out again the next season or play as a "discovery player" and when the roster spots need to be filled...who comes right back....

but clearly you are one of the as you called it "fairly well off families" so you take your money wherever its accepted and ask no questions and walk around with blinders on...or youre a coach defending what most of us parents whose kids play at the so-called "higher level" because you'd hate to have your seedy operations exposed....eh, shrug...good one though thumbs up for effort

Isn't "they found a kid who might be slightly better" basically the usual reason for someone to get cut? The club will look for talent to add, the team's level improves and the kid is subsequently released because they're not competitive as the bar gets raised. Not that they make the correct call everytime but that's pretty much why they have tryouts.

Comment

Did you all forget there is also supposedly an EDP team? Those rosters do not have to be set until sometime in Sept. I believe. So most likely that is what all these team are still advertising for. I thought most of these academy teams were making an EDP team as their B team.
                              No EDP team. Too many players left.

Comment

Isn't "they found a kid who might be slightly better" basically the usual reason for someone to get cut? The club will look for talent to add, the team's level improves and the kid is subsequently released because they're not competitive as the bar gets raised. Not that they make the correct call everytime but that's pretty much why they have tryouts.
                                What I've seen is that unless a prospective new player will be a starter, most clubs are reticent to cut a current player for a new one. It's the "the devil I know" conundrum. Non starters who are good kids, coachable, parents behave and play fees on time are generally safe unless they're just really terrible. Exceptions are top DA programs; there your spot is very more vulnerable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X