X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1830927]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

If that's the case then that's great. All depends on the club/team and their skill level and desires. Some clubs will listen to parent input; others will black ball you if you even dare question a tourney, let alone complain about it (as I did once with one of my younger kids - drive to VA for 12 year old soccer? I don't think so).
    I would agree if you were talking about San Diego or Las Vegas, but tournaments that are on the east coast are just the cost of doing business. The top clubs need to be represented at these top showcases.

Comment

why are all the teams in the top u16 section valeo, abbey villa, explosion etc , while all the nep teams are in the lower sections playing themselves again = must be tough
      Because for NEP clubs, those teams at those ages are 3rd or 4th tier. DAP and NPL for boys and ECNL/NPL for girls are top teams and play elsewhere.

Comment

Because for NEP clubs, those teams at those ages are 3rd or 4th tier. DAP and NPL for boys and ECNL/NPL for girls are top teams and play elsewhere.
        plenty of the so called top nep teams in there - league is a joke - who gets to play

GPS SELECT U16 BOYS SOUTH MAYBE GPS SELECT U16 BOYS EAST

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1830983]

I would agree if you were talking about San Diego or Las Vegas, but tournaments that are on the east coast are just the cost of doing business. The top clubs need to be represented at these top showcases.
          The truth comes out. The tournament travel doesn't really benefit the player, just the club. The top HS teams get seen, marketed, and promoted and that brings in the ulittles for 10 years of club payments and the cycle continues.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1831043]

The truth comes out. The tournament travel doesn't really benefit the player, just the club. The top HS teams get seen, marketed, and promoted and that brings in the ulittles for 10 years of club payments and the cycle continues.
            High School?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1831043]

Kids get sucked into playing sports. That's horrible.

Comment

I'll never understand why parents who do nothing about complain about the travel bother joining a premier soccer club in the first place. I'm not talking about flying to far away tournaments, I'm talking about drivable games and tournaments. Stay in town soccer if you hate the driving committment.

Comment

I'll never understand why parents who do nothing about complain about the travel bother joining a premier soccer club in the first place. I'm not talking about flying to far away tournaments, I'm talking about drivable games and tournaments. Stay in town soccer if you hate the driving committment.
                  We joined a premier soccer club to play with and against more skilled and competitive players. New England and New York is enough of a population to fit that need and we had no problem with driving to these states for tournaments. Previous poster indicated driving to VA and the complaint for that is warranted. Unless my kid's team becomes top 5 in MA, I don't see any value in driving 20 hours on a weekend to play against competition that is just as good as 2 hours away.

Comment

We joined a premier soccer club to play with and against more skilled and competitive players. New England and New York is enough of a population to fit that need and we had no problem with driving to these states for tournaments. Previous poster indicated driving to VA and the complaint for that is warranted. Unless my kid's team becomes top 5 in MA, I don't see any value in driving 20 hours on a weekend to play against competition that is just as good as 2 hours away.
                    simply money for the big clubs and trips for the coaches - rip off

Comment

simply money for the big clubs and trips for the coaches - rip off
                      My kid's coach will be handling 4 games / day for 3 days, plus team meetings, etc. The first game will be early Saturday morning, and he'll get home around 8pm Monday night.

Those who call these trips "vacations" for the coaches are simply trolling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X