Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts -

- OP should not get involved in any way shape or form, least of all telling the coach

- If the OP's kid wants to call the players out on it (either individually or as a group, or on his own or with the non-offending teammates) that's his call. They're close to being adults and have to learn how to deal with uncomfortable situations

- Kids are going to drink and do stupid things, including doing drugs, drinking, driving while texting, etc. If you're concerned about something you know for a FACT a teen is doing then speak to the parents. Don't be surprised if they get pi$$ed off at you/don't believe you, but at least you said your peace. As for drinking being "illegal" get over yourself.

In the meantime worry about what your kid is doing and who they hang out with. Your job isn't to police everyone, nor is it the coach's

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Thoughts -

- OP should not get involved in any way shape or form, least of all telling the coach

- If the OP's kid wants to call the players out on it (either individually or as a group, or on his own or with the non-offending teammates) that's his call. They're close to being adults and have to learn how to deal with uncomfortable situations

- Kids are going to drink and do stupid things, including doing drugs, drinking, driving while texting, etc. If you're concerned about something you know for a FACT a teen is doing then speak to the parents. Don't be surprised if they get pi$$ed off at you/don't believe you, but at least you said your peace. As for drinking being "illegal" get over yourself.

In the meantime worry about what your kid is doing and who they hang out with. Your job isn't to police everyone, nor is it the coach's
      But it is my job to know everyone's business............send an anonymous e-mail to the coach.

Comment

Ok Carrie Nation...... Please provide the source where they are gateway substances. I want empirical data. I drink wine but have never used heroin. What does that prove? Nothing.....
        JHU study shows that all heroin abusers began with mothers milk. Fact. Milk is THE gateway substance.

Comment

Op needs to let it be - team lost, for probably more reasons than just hangovers, so move on. Good that your son discussed it with you, but it's his choice to take it further (or not).

Comment

Is it about winning or making better citizens. The coach should have an idea. Also, these kids are 15/16, are they staying at the hotel by themselves?

This sounds like someone making up stories on talking soccer. It comes down to being a parent and not your kids best friend. Step up and act like it. Stop this kids will be kids BS.

If you have to ask talking soccer, you are already a failure as a parent.

Comment

I actually overheard a similar conversation to what the OP heard a couple of weeks back. It was a bunch of U18 girls from another team talking about not wanting play the following weekend because of proms. The main concerned expressed by more than 1-2 was that they didn't want to play because they expected to so hung over that they wouldn't be able to get out of bed. I'm no prude because I did way more than my share of partying when I was their age but I was actually rather shocked by how loud and unapologetic they were and it certainly didn't come across as false bravado .. more like the banter of college kids who were more than versed in partying. The thing that made an impression me was it was more than clear that didn't give a crap about soccer any longer and the sad part is I recognized several of the main characters and believe that they are planning on playing college soccer next fall. Based upon the attitudes that I heard they have got a huge surprise in store for them. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
              You've obviously never partied with college athletes before, ESPECIALLY the females. They are nuts!

Also remember that at U18!the ones committed to colleges already couldn't care less about soccer. They're looking not to get hurt and to enjoy what's left of their senior year of high school.

Comment

You've obviously never partied with college athletes before, ESPECIALLY the females. They are nuts!

Also remember that at U18!the ones committed to colleges already couldn't care less about soccer. They're looking not to get hurt and to enjoy what's left of their senior year of high school.
                Actually know college athletes quite well, was one. As far as the female ones go, know them quite intimately as well .. in fact did quite a few of them.

As far as throwing it into neutral because you have committed. Single biggest mistake a college bound player can make. Awfully tough to throw it into high gear on 8/1 after 6 months of goofing off and partying. The first impression is the lasting one and all.

Comment

I actually overheard a similar conversation to what the OP heard a couple of weeks back. It was a bunch of U18 girls from another team talking about not wanting play the following weekend because of proms. The main concerned expressed by more than 1-2 was that they didn't want to play because they expected to so hung over that they wouldn't be able to get out of bed. I'm no prude because I did way more than my share of partying when I was their age but I was actually rather shocked by how loud and unapologetic they were and it certainly didn't come across as false bravado .. more like the banter of college kids who were more than versed in partying. The thing that made an impression me was it was more than clear that didn't give a crap about soccer any longer and the sad part is I recognized several of the main characters and believe that they are planning on playing college soccer next fall. Based upon the attitudes that I heard they have got a huge surprise in store for them. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
                  Thanks for caring, BTNT. God bless you.

Comment

Is it about winning or making better citizens. The coach should have an idea. Also, these kids are 15/16, are they staying at the hotel by themselves?

This sounds like someone making up stories on talking soccer. It comes down to being a parent and not your kids best friend. Step up and act like it. Stop this kids will be kids BS.

If you have to ask talking soccer, you are already a failure as a parent.
                    The sanctimonious attitudes in here are pathetic. No proof about how much the kids drank and how many participated. Teenage bravado is legendary. Shut the hell up and myob. Stop trying to save the world. Nobody is nailing martyrs on crosses anymore. Let your kid deal with his teammates.

Comment

The sanctimonious attitudes in here are pathetic. No proof about how much the kids drank and how many participated. Teenage bravado is legendary. Shut the hell up and myob. Stop trying to save the world. Nobody is nailing martyrs on crosses anymore. Let your kid deal with his teammates.
                      Thank you Hillary supporter

Comment

No one is blaming the coach, genius. The point is that the coach is probably someone the players would listen to to stop this dangerous behavior. It's also illegal to drink before the age of 21.
                        So let's add to the list of a coach's responsibilites: now it includes suicide prevention and alcohol use and that's just today's posts.
                        What's next-teen pregnancy and contraception?
                        I just want them to pass the stupid ball.

Comment

So let's add to the list of a coach's responsibilites: now it includes suicide prevention and alcohol use and that's just today's posts.
                          What's next-teen pregnancy and contraception?
                          I just want them to pass the stupid ball.
                          Nice guy. Too much on the plate for you to handle?

Comment

Thank you Hillary supporter
                            Actually I am a Libertarian.....

Comment

Actually I am a Libertarian.....
                              My wife is a Librarian as well. Where do you work?

Comment

My wife is a Librarian as well. Where do you work?
                                In a Republican town. Not many books though as many are banned. Lots of Bibles but no Heather has Two Mommies....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X