Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow. Revs U18 lose at home, 4-0 to Montreal. That is flat out getting smoked.
    Looking at the scores, Revs also recently lost to Seacoast and the Bolts.

Seems that would corroborate criticism of Revs development.

Revs apologists?
    Did you know that Bayern lost to Borussia Mönchengladbach and Mainz 05 recently.

It might be time to change things in Munich.

See what I did there?

Those teams are in the Bundesliga by the way. That's the German league.

Comment

Couldn't care less about the Revs. I just hate stupid statements.

Revs axe grinders -1
      IKR...what's this guys beef with the Revs 18's anyway? Season is over. Relax and enjoy the summer. Have no regrets.

Comment

IKR...what's this guys beef with the Revs 18's anyway? Season is over. Relax and enjoy the summer. Have no regrets.
        Do you listen to sports radio and find discussions about the other Boston franchises interesting?
        If each of those teams had a local DAP would you think it would generate any talk in the area?
        And if year after year those DAP's had little to nothing to show for it, would you think it would be fair fodder for the media or public to discuss?

Obviously a hypothetical comparison, but I think it's fair.

I'm sure the players are the most skilled around and I wish them (and their obviously dedicated parents) nothing but the best. But I think it's fair to analyze the overall organization. And somehow I just don't think Glenn Ordway is going to take my call (nor would I spend hours waiting on hold to have this discussion). So I'm left with you and this venue, which last I checked had something to do with soccer.

Comment

Do you listen to sports radio and find discussions about the other Boston franchises interesting?
          If each of those teams had a local DAP would you think it would generate any talk in the area?
          And if year after year those DAP's had little to nothing to show for it, would you think it would be fair fodder for the media or public to discuss?

I'm sure the players are the most skilled around and I wish them (and their obviously dedicated parents) nothing but the best. But I think it's fair to analyze the overall organization. And somehow I just don't think Glenn Ordway is going to take my call (nor would I spend hours waiting on hold to have this discussion). So I'm left with you and this venue, which last I checked had something to do with soccer.
          The reason people think you're a moron is because you chose the U18 group to make your point. At the U18 Academy level you are dealing with the most concentrated pool of pre-college soccer talent you can find. That a team loses a game or two isn't an indication that they aren't being developed. That is a moronic argument.

Comment

The reason people think you're a moron is because you chose the U18 group to make your point. At the U18 Academy level you are dealing with the most concentrated pool of pre-college soccer talent you can find. That a team loses a game or two isn't an indication that they aren't being developed. That is a moronic argument.
            There were 3 games discussed. One was a 4-0 loss. Are you honest enough to say what the translation of a 4-0 loss in soccer is?

And more important to the point was the fact that the other 2 losses were to local teams who have nowhere near the clout that the Revs do to bring in talent. I'd suspect that many of the Bolts players have been rejected by the Revs.

Fall back on your juvenile name calling all you want, but those facts don't paint a great picture of development being done down at Gillette.

Comment

There were 3 games discussed. One was a 4-0 loss. Are you honest enough to say what the translation of a 4-0 loss in soccer is?

And more important to the point was the fact that the other 2 losses were to local teams who have nowhere near the clout that the Revs do to bring in talent. I'd suspect that many of the Bolts players have been rejected by the Revs.

Fall back on your juvenile name calling all you want, but those facts don't paint a great picture of development being done down at Gillette.
              Revs can get any players they want - kids even come from other states to play. They have true professional coaches, facilities, etc. They should dominate their brackets. They don't nor do I recall them doing so in quite some time (if ever?).

Comment

The 4-0 loss was to Montreal.

Montreal started all 97's and 98's. Three of the 98's were early 98's.

The Revs started 2 97's(one was a late 97), 6 98's, 3 99's and 1 00.

Maybe they weren't worried about winning? I'm sure you struggle with that concept.

Do I need to look at the other losses and explain them to you? Go read the game reports moron.

Comment

Maybe they weren't worried about winning? I'm sure you struggle with that concept.

Do I need to look at the other losses and explain them to you? Go read the game reports moron.
                  different poster- age has nothing to do with it. the 00 looks like a grown man (as do the 3 99's and the 98's)- also three or four of the younger ones on US YNT pool.

Stop looking for excuses.

Comment

Ahhh, the stock Revs alibi: players playing up. With a score of 4-0, I hope they had the entire U14 team playing.

So tell me where the players are that are constantly displaced by the players playing up? MLS? Europe?
                    Damn, they must play in some super secret league for extraordinary players that have honed their skills by playing up.

...when in a hole, stop digging.

Comment

different poster- age has nothing to do with it. the 00 looks like a grown man (as do the 3 99's and the 98's)- also three or four of the younger ones on US YNT pool.

Stop looking for excuses.
                      The 00 is 5'7" and 135 lbs. You must hang out with really small guys.

Comment

Ahhh, the stock Revs alibi: players playing up. With a score of 4-0, I hope they had the entire U14 team playing.

So tell me where the players are that are constantly displaced by the players playing up? MLS? Europe?
                        Damn, they must play in some super secret league for extraordinary players that have honed their skills by playing up.

...when in a hole, stop digging.
                        All but 2 appear to have been on the bench. Are you aware of the Academy rules about game start percentages?

If I'm in a hole its because I'm searching for your credibility funny guy. I have a lot more digging to do. If I locate your self esteem too I'll let you know.

Again, feel free to consult the game reports. Throwing out "facts" like Trump isn't really working for you. You appear to be blinded by Kraft/Rev hate.

Comment

All but 2 appear to have been on the bench. Are you aware of the Academy rules about game start percentages?

If I'm in a hole its because I'm searching for your credibility funny guy. I have a lot more digging to do. If I locate your self esteem too I'll let you know.

Again, feel free to consult the game reports. Throwing out "facts" like Trump isn't really working for you. You appear to be blinded by Kraft/Rev hate.
                          Not the OP but I'm trying to figure out what your statement has to do with the other person's statement about the Revs having many playing up? You make no sense.

Comment

Absolutely correct, if the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots and/or Bruins operated a homegrown protected academy system of youth teams, they would fall under the same scrutiny as the Revolution youth players with constant microscopic evaluation of playing time, minutes played and speculation. Bolts and Seacoast DAP are the B and C players.

Comment

Are you honest enough to say what the translation of a 4-0 loss in soccer is?
                              On the final Sunday of the Premier League Newcastle beat Tottenham 5-1.

Newcastle already knew they were being relegated. They also played with only 10 men after a red card in the middle of the second half.

Tottenham was vying for second place, and a finish above their North London rivals, Arsenal, for the first time in 20+ years.

What exactly are you intimating about an isolated 4 goal loss again?

Comment

The 00 is 5'7" and 135 lbs. You must hang out with really small guys.
                                try 5' 9" and 155 lbs. More importantly he's full grown- most 2000s still look like 16 year olds. this kid looks like a 22 year old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X