•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Completely agree with this post. At U13 it is difficult to win all of your games and you will drop games you should theoretically win. There is a level of inconsistency when you deal with 12 and 13 year old girls. Stars overall is the best team in MA this year. I think their second place finish in their league and their head to head match ups with other MA teams prove that.
      Yes one time FCB beat them and one time GPS tied them but they have more top players than any other team. What I think most parents aren't getting is that Stars have 6-9 players that are really good and most other MA teams have 3-5. That translates into a much more dominate team. Stars are a far cry from perfect but they are playing at a much higher level.
      If they're playing a much higher level, wouldn't that mean beating all these team consistently? I think you Stars folks are a little full of yourselves. The team is good, but nowhere near great as has been proven. They'll pick up some good talent, but my guess is the winner of the birth year change will not be Stars.

Comment

If they're playing a much higher level, wouldn't that mean beating all these team consistently? I think you Stars folks are a little full of yourselves. The team is good, but nowhere near great as has been proven. They'll pick up some good talent, but my guess is the winner of the birth year change will not be Stars.
        And you my friend either just dislike them in general, have never played soccer a day in your life OR just have no idea of what talent is and how it is Developed.

Lets take the USA women for example- They ARE in fact #1... Does that mean they AREN'T allowed to lose a game here or there? If they lose, do you not consider them #1 anymore?

Do you have to be consistently beating other teams to prove their worth? Again, if they're beating everyone around them what does that do for their own development. I for one am glad to see some teams win games they aren't "expected" to win... it shows that they are developing.

Comment

It must stink to be you. No matter where you go, what you do, you have to live with your total ignorance. The other poster is correct. So I'm not as ignorant as you, Stars are a good team. So much better as you stated translates to not losing a game. Pull your head out of your cheeks, and maybe you'll see some light.

And you my friend either just dislike them in general, have never played soccer a day in your life OR just have no idea of what talent is and how it is Developed.

Lets take the USA women for example- They ARE in fact #1... Does that mean they AREN'T allowed to lose a game here or there? If they lose, do you not consider them #1 anymore?

Do you have to be consistently beating other teams to prove their worth? Again, if they're beating everyone around them what does that do for their own development. I for one am glad to see some teams win games they aren't "expected" to win... it shows that they are developing.

Comment

It must stink to be you. No matter where you go, what you do, you have to live with your total ignorance. The other poster is correct. So I'm not as ignorant as you, Stars are a good team. So much better as you stated translates to not losing a game. Pull your head out of your cheeks, and maybe you'll see some light.
            What are you even talking about? You freaking parents are nuts!!!!!

Comment

What is the criteria for being great. If its winning every single game you play at U13 then no team is great. Stars are a very good team. They have a talented goalie, a first class center defender, very skilled and possession oriented midfielders, and dynamic forwards.
              They have weaknesses just like any other team but have a lot of high level talent.
              This doesn't mean they have 16 top players which would probably be unrealistic in MA club soccer. Stars have a balance of different types of players. They have athletes and technical players and that has led to a strong (not perfect) record.

Comment

Stars are not playing at a much higher level than every other team. My daughter's team is so much better than your daughter's team....seriously get a life. If they were so much better, then they wouldn't have lost a game. Stars have had a good year, but they are most definitely beatable by just about any team on the List. You come across so darn arrogant that it's laughable. Let your daughter play and stop bragging about her team.

What are you even talking about? You freaking parents are nuts!!!!!

Comment

Stars are not playing at a much higher level than every other team. My daughter's team is so much better than your daughter's team....seriously get a life. If they were so much better, then they wouldn't have lost a game. Stars have had a good year, but they are most definitely beatable by just about any team on the List. You come across so darn arrogant that it's laughable. Let your daughter play and stop bragging about her team.
                  Are you insane? These are 12 and 13 year old girls. They are going to have good days and bad days. Don't you get that they are not pro athletes. I remember when FCB beat Stars by one goal and told everyone how great they were. These posters are just trying to state that the Stars are a good team. Leave them alone and stop saying to be great you have to win every game. No team in any sport does that. Unbelievably dumb.

Comment

The poster didn't just try to state that the Stars are a good team. If you reread it, it's about being better than every other team. I said they are a good team, but they are not playing at a much higher level than the other teams on the List. In fact, they are beatable.

"Completely agree with this post. At U13 it is difficult to win all of your games and you will drop games you should theoretically win. There is a level of inconsistency when you deal with 12 and 13 year old girls. Stars overall is the best team in MA this year. I think their second place finish in their league and their head to head match ups with other MA teams prove that.

Yes one time FCB beat them and one time GPS tied them but they have more top players than any other team. What I think most parents aren't getting is that Stars have 6-9 players that are really good and most other MA teams have 3-5. That translates into a much more dominate team. Stars are a far cry from perfect but they are playing at a much higher level."

Are you insane? These are 12 and 13 year old girls. They are going to have good days and bad days. Don't you get that they are not pro athletes. I remember when FCB beat Stars by one goal and told everyone how great they were. These posters are just trying to state that the Stars are a good team. Leave them alone and stop saying to be great you have to win every game. No team in any sport does that. Unbelievably dumb.

Comment

The Celtics beat Golden State this year and gave them fits in their other games that ended in multiple overtimes...are the Celtics better than GS?

Just because you lose a game doesn't mean you now stink or are worse than the team you lost to. Newcastle beats the Spurs and knocks them out of 2nd place the last week of the season. Does that mean the Spurs stink because they lost to a team being relegated to the lower league?

One win or loss by any club does not tell who is better and its silly to try and make that point. I am actually not a Stars fan, but this thread is really stupid.

Comment

The Celtics beat Golden State this year and gave them fits in their other games that ended in multiple overtimes...are the Celtics better than GS?

Just because you lose a game doesn't mean you now stink or are worse than the team you lost to. Newcastle beats the Spurs and knocks them out of 2nd place the last week of the season. Does that mean the Spurs stink because they lost to a team being relegated to the lower league?

One win or loss by any club does not tell who is better and its silly to try and make that point. I am actually not a Stars fan, but this thread is really stupid.
                        The thread is stupid because you have stupid Stars parent(s) coming on here proclaiming how great the team is, right from the goalie, center defender, midfield and strikers. It's embarrassing and it's more than likely a parent whose oldest is on the team and mom and dad are super excited because the team is talented and they're a big part of it. Little do they know that in a year or two, it won't be as talented and other teams will catch up. BTW -these are the same Stars parents who, when they lost to FCB, were on here for weeks making excuse after excuse after excuse. If anything you should be slamming the Stars idiots who keeps coming back and telling us how great the team is and making excuses for a loss. As you say, U13 teams lose games.

Comment

Why are people surprised that Penn Fusion won? That game was pretty much an even match up going in.
                          I think the comment that the Stars have 6-9 really good players whereas the other Mass teams have 3-5 is pretty accurate; however, NEFC Elite is right there with them now (cannot underestimate the effect FY playing full time with the u13's had on that lineup. Completely different team from the fall). The good thing is that they are going to play each other in the State Cup and we are going to find out.

Comment

The thread is stupid because you have stupid Stars parent(s) coming on here proclaiming how great the team is, right from the goalie, center defender, midfield and strikers. It's embarrassing and it's more than likely a parent whose oldest is on the team and mom and dad are super excited because the team is talented and they're a big part of it. Little do they know that in a year or two, it won't be as talented and other teams will catch up. BTW -these are the same Stars parents who, when they lost to FCB, were on here for weeks making excuse after excuse after excuse. If anything you should be slamming the Stars idiots who keeps coming back and telling us how great the team is and making excuses for a loss. As you say, U13 teams lose games.
                            What's embarrassing is parents on here, like yourself, assume it's Stars parents coming on here to brag! Clearly the adults on here aren't able to handle adult conversations so they come here ( pathetic website where again adults can act like their 10) to accuse other teams and parents of posting these insane threads! Not one of the Stars parents feels they are unbeatable! Not one has said they are the best. They aren't. They win and they lose. Basically the point was they absolutely have some great players on the team, they are a strong team, etc. they don't go into a god damn depression when their KIDS lose a soccer game and they don't pop a bottle of champagne when they win!! If a poster is "bragging" about their team, good for them! After ALL THE MONEY WE ALL SPEND (at EVERY CLUB) we should be proud, no?! You should be advocating your club because if you're advocating it means you're happy there.

I wish you all the best in your miserable life.

A parent of a player that thinks y'all are bonkers

Comment

What's embarrassing is parents on here, like yourself, assume it's Stars parents coming on here to brag! Clearly the adults on here aren't able to handle adult conversations so they come here ( pathetic website where again adults can act like their 10) to accuse other teams and parents of posting these insane threads! Not one of the Stars parents feels they are unbeatable! Not one has said they are the best. They aren't. They win and they lose. Basically the point was they absolutely have some great players on the team, they are a strong team, etc. they don't go into a god damn depression when their KIDS lose a soccer game and they don't pop a bottle of champagne when they win!! If a poster is "bragging" about their team, good for them! After ALL THE MONEY WE ALL SPEND (at EVERY CLUB) we should be proud, no?! You should be advocating your club because if you're advocating it means you're happy there.

I wish you all the best in your miserable life.

A parent of a player that thinks y'all are bonkers
                              But we entertain you

Comment

But we entertain you
                                No not quite... Disgust is more like it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X