• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Durkin

Good hire for NEFC?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good hire for NEFC?
    TS will give an expert opinion I'm sure. But most don't have a kid ever coached by him so reader beware. Let the fun begin

Comment

Good hire for NEFC?
      Great success in Texas and Florida at the youth level so great hire!

Comment

Good hire for NEFC?
        Decent coach when he shows but he has been floating around for the last few seasons not spending much time anywhere. He is apt to leave a team stranded mid season if another 'opportunity' arises.

Comment

Good hire for NEFC?
          Trick one. NEFC built what they have with passionate people that believe in the program. Now that it is established they can go south if someone comes in and run it as if they are running a business. If he embraces the opportunity and become one of them, he will succeed. If he comes in just because it is a money grab and business, it can be a problem. Including losses of good coaches.

Comment

Trick one. NEFC built what they have with passionate people that believe in the program. Now that it is established they can go south if someone comes in and run it as if they are running a business. If he embraces the opportunity and become one of them, he will succeed. If he comes in just because it is a money grab and business, it can be a problem. Including losses of good coaches.

He is a decent coach, but seems to have been burnt out of actual coaching and shifted toward administration. I don't know how you are defining his 'success' in Florida but he had started to rely more heavily on those below him to do the actual coaching.

What NEFC did that was good was to grab the Breakers from the Bolts, the latter clearly showing that they are not really sure how to run a girls program and still rely on the same Scorpion hack to lead.....only.....the Scorpion girls have been going downhill for the last 5 years now, while Stars stay on top, and NEFC and GPS move up.

Comment

He is a decent coach, but seems to have been burnt out of actual coaching and shifted toward administration. I don't know how you are defining his 'success' in Florida but he had started to rely more heavily on those below him to do the actual coaching.

What NEFC did that was good was to grab the Breakers from the Bolts, the latter clearly showing that they are not really sure how to run a girls program and still rely on the same Scorpion hack to lead.....only.....the Scorpion girls have been going downhill for the last 5 years now, while Stars stay on top, and NEFC and GPS move up.
              Stars on top of what? Northeast Ecnl yes, but anything else I don't think so.

Comment

I'd like to hear feedback from parents whose kid was coached by this guy. Good experience or not?

Comment

I'd like to hear feedback from parents whose kid was coached by this guy. Good experience or not?
                  Great coach with great knowledge of the game. A perfect fit for boys and he will do very well at NEFC. I know I'm responding here but probably the worst place to get feedback is on this site. I do however have experience with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Great coach with great knowledge of the game. A perfect fit for boys and he will do very well at NEFC. I know I'm responding here but probably the worst place to get feedback is on this site. I do however have experience with him.
                    No one has experience with him, but nice resume.

Comment

Good hire for NEFC?
                      Why didn't he go back to Bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        And we get to the point of why this thread was restarted.

Comment

Nice try, coach!

Comment

Tell us.

Comment

Hahahaha best post of the year by you nefc clowns? Durkin never was part of the girls side but nice try JB.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X