Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She has done well with the academy & her teams. Pulling in hundreds of academy kids is where the money is & it's easy daycare. There really is no need to bash. She isn't a bad person and is a good role model but her focus seems to be 100% on "her academy teams" alone. The better players seem to at some point seek a new change, a different coach, opportunity to learn other positions and tactics etc, etc. Players realize for their personal growth a healthy change can be good especially if burnt out or peaked too soon.
    You must have your head if your ***** if you think she's a nice person. Ask most coaches in MA about her and you will find out how well liked she is. Also, ask the many coaches she has run out of SSS. She has the luxury of pulling from multiple towns north and south of Hingham. Her teams are strong because they have the pick of the litter at 5-6 years old and then charges them for extra sessions. It'll only be a matter of time before their're U12 and U13 players will leave for better coaching. It's already begun.

Comment

You must have your head if your ***** if you think she's a nice person. Ask most coaches in MA about her and you will find out how well liked she is. Also, ask the many coaches she has run out of SSS. She has the luxury of pulling from multiple towns north and south of Hingham. Her teams are strong because they have the pick of the litter at 5-6 years old and then charges them for extra sessions. It'll only be a matter of time before their're U12 and U13 players will leave for better coaching. It's already begun.
      Not to say I disagree with you but I hear there are a few kids from scorpions that are going to her u12 team next year and will help beef that up. Player movement is multi - directional I've had conversations with her and find nice but I've never had to coach against her. I've heard a lot of good, I've heard a lot of bad. But the proof is in the pudding. She fields good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by header View Post
        Not to say I disagree with you buts rom I hear there are a few kids from scorpions that are going to her u12 team next year and will help beef that up. Player movement is multi - directional I've had conversations with her and find nice but I've never had to coach against her. I've heard a lot of good, I've heard a lot of bad. But the proof is in the pudding. She fields good teams.
        Current u11s or 12s?

Comment

Yes, coaches clash & they leave, just like any workplace. Most coaches generally don't have much to say about other coaches, ask the players who have stuck around. Yes the grass can be greener but that depends on your perspective.

Comment

Yes, coaches clash & they leave, just like any workplace. Most coaches generally don't have much to say about other coaches, ask the players who have stuck around. Yes the grass can be greener but that depends on your perspective.
            Well from U13 on she doesn't seem to know how to hold onto them so the grass certainly is greener. Their teams from U13 up are not very competitive, so my perspective is that players are not satisfied with average coaching. Also, why would I ask the players who have stuck around as opposed to the ones the have left?

Comment

Well from U13 on she doesn't seem to know how to hold onto them so the grass certainly is greener. Their teams from U13 up are not very competitive, so my perspective is that players are not satisfied with average coaching. Also, why would I ask the players who have stuck around as opposed to the ones the have left?
              Their U12&13 are very good, she does a good job and they seems tactically astute, not select but I have plate against their U13 team which plays in U14 division

Comment

Their U12&13 are very good, she does a good job and they seems tactically astute, not select but I have plate against their U13 team which plays in U14 division
                I said U13 and above. Their U14 team is in the 2nd division of a watered down league. Not exactly lighting the word on fire.

Comment

How long before we find out which club the U have partnered with?
                  They are building their own club. It will be a closer alternative than PTUSA for many south shore families. It should be a better alternative with a much better facility for Galway parents. It could be a club that captures south shore families that don't feel like driving further north up Rt. 3 to the Scorpions.

Comment

They are building their own club. It will be a closer alternative than PTUSA for many south shore families. It should be a better alternative with a much better facility for Galway parents. It could be a club that captures south shore families that don't feel like driving further north up Rt. 3 to the Scorpions.
                    Please explain why FT would do that? Why not enhance his investment in the U and Breakers by building that brand together with the Scorpions / Breakers Academy?

Comment

Please explain why FT would do that? Why not enhance his investment in the U and Breakers by building that brand together with the Scorpions / Breakers Academy?
                      Because he doesn't need the Scorpions to do it. Eliminate the rif raff, streamline operations and bring in some much needed quality

Comment

Because he doesn't need the Scorpions to do it. Eliminate the rif raff, streamline operations and bring in some much needed quality
                        Who actually owns the ECNL spot now? Is it the Breakers or the Scorpions or both? Are they truly one entity?

Comment

Who actually owns the ECNL spot now? Is it the Breakers or the Scorpions or both? Are they truly one entity?
                          Good question, and I'm not sure there has been a clear answer given anywhere. It likely depends on the actual terms of the deal the Scorps made with the Breakers, and maybe on the ECNL by-laws as well? If anyone has the answer, it sure would be interesting to know.

Comment

I don't understand, LL is a solid coach but the turnover at SSS is crazy, especially around U12-U14. What's the problem?
                            We bailed from SSS about 2 years ago. The main problem is that LL is a great coach....for YOUNG KIDS. After that, she holds onto her "favorite" team. The coaching staff at SSS are NOT PROFESSIONAL even though they say they are. After about u11, the club is not developing anyone. The coaches make promises to the girls that they cannot keep, (ex. playing region 1) select can't compete in that league!!!!

Comment

We bailed from SSS about 2 years ago. The main problem is that LL is a great coach....for YOUNG KIDS. After that, she holds onto her "favorite" team. The coaching staff at SSS are NOT PROFESSIONAL even though they say they are. After about u11, the club is not developing anyone. The coaches make promises to the girls that they cannot keep, (ex. playing region 1) select can't compete in that league!!!!
                              U-16 team is still very good with kids returning to SSS after playing elsewhere for a few years. The top coaches including including LL, LL, DL and JL (not related) are some of the best trainers in the state. This team is still one of the top 5 in MA. Keep an eye out for them to make some noise in some of the top tournaments.

Comment

I would agree with everybody's comments but will take them a bit further. She is very demanding on the younger players and they do very well at U12 and under. I will also agree that her current U13 are very good team but have already started to lose players to other clubs. It will only continue. They play in MAPLE and this is their biggest issue moving forward even if they play 1 year up at every age group. She will never get into NEP, NPL or even ECNL. The clubs will not allow it. She also cannot promise R1 unless they win state cup or get accepted. If acceped they will then have to do well or be one and done.

She has very young coaches at in the academy that do well with day care type trainings. They were very talented players but they are not coaches. They can teach foot skills and they are what I call video coaches. Against a more qualified coach they do not know how to make the tactical adjustments. Even LL is not a good tactical coach an MP is a complete joke on the sidelines. She has gotten rid of her most tactical coaches except one JL but how much longer will he hang around. He is only there because of the dad wh she will probably push out next. DL was a great tactical coach and she ran him out of the girls program becasue she did not want to pay him moer money. If she can do that to a family member she has no problem doing that to another coach. She also ran FI and DB from the program for the same reasons. FI was the primary trainor for all her current elite teams from U7 to U10. DB is one of the best young keeper coaches which keeps younger teams in games if you have a player that wants to be a dedicated keeper.

She is able keep players becasue she makes them think they are family but in reality she does not care about them at all, just what they bring her. What they bring her is more younger players which in turns makes her more money. It is like the mafia with her and she is the godmother. You don't cross the godmother without a cost. She has told players to not be friends with players when they leave and tells current players that other clubs players are shedevils. People can say what they want about JD, FM, or BM but at least you know what you are getting and they are not two faced. Also these clubs can get you into the top leagues and be seen by the top coaches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X