Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metrowest Speed and Agility Training

Anyone have suggestions for soccer specific speed and agility training in the Metrowest area for a High School aged player?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone have suggestions for soccer specific speed and agility training in the Metrowest area for a High School aged player?
    There are boatloads of videos on youtube. At least you can assess the videos and use one's you feel make the most sense.

Comment

Not sure how far/long you're willing to travel or if there are any satellite locations you can take advantage of, but we've been doing the NE Revolution RDS Speed, Agility, and Finishing clinics. Excellent SAQ, with advanced finishing drills interspersed. If you're not sure if your player is ready for RDS (expectations for higher level of ability/performance) than try the player development program SAQ, which is open to everyone.

Comment

Not sure how far/long you're willing to travel or if there are any satellite locations you can take advantage of, but we've been doing the NE Revolution RDS Speed, Agility, and Finishing clinics. Excellent SAQ, with advanced finishing drills interspersed. If you're not sure if your player is ready for RDS (expectations for higher level of ability/performance) than try the player development program SAQ, which is open to everyone.
        We've done field player and gking RDS and have been very pleased.

Just wanted to chime in as there are some that like to knock the program.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. It looks like the cutoff for this program is 14 and my son is older. Do you know if they have a program for older kids?

Comment

Catz in Needham has some very good programs.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. It looks like the cutoff for this program is 14 and my son is older. Do you know if they have a program for older kids?
              Revs RDS does have a younger cut off age.

There are a lot of gyms that specialize in sports fitness for youths. I'm sure if you google it and your location you'll find something.

I know someone who did semi private training at Nashua Dynamics and they were happy.

Comment

Rapha Guimaraes is the best around. Elite one on one. Not too expensive and he works with many Revolution Academy kids.

Comment

Catz in Needham has some very good programs.

CATZ is excellent.
                  Cross Fit is also good.
                  Personally, I like CATZ Needham better as it offers a greater range of exercises including aerobic and weights. There are specific high school and college programs.

Try out a class for free, and chat with the trainers.

http://catzneedham.com/

Comment

Rapha Guimaraes is the best around. Elite one on one. Not too expensive and he works with many Revolution Academy kids.
                    What defines 'not too expensive'?
                    80,90,100 dollars per session?

I prefer that my kid goes to group sessions especially if he can get a few friends to join him (makes carpooling easier). That way he has some fun and works hard. This is a more sustainable plan for the majority of kids vs making it like a 'job' i.e. 1 on 1.

Group sessions come out to be 10-20 dollars per session per kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X