Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck Bend Storm tonight!

As an update: Sodium 1, Keizer 0 and FC Ptld Platinum 4, OR Rush 3 (2 OT + PK's) - what a fantastic game played by 2 outstanding teams.

Up next: OR State Cup Finals on May 3rd - 3pm REC#3 and then we put on out Hula Skirts and head to Honolulu!!

Comment

Comment

Well the girls came out playing very well. Scored 1 in the first half. the second half was like watching a different game mostly, Possession scored one about 5 mins. in the 2nd half. In the some girl kind of broke down, I don't know if it is the semis or what but been there 3 time and haven't won one yet. So tied at the end went thur two overtimes, I fill they wanted to go in to a shoot out. They have done very well and had 2 in the last couple weeks. we went thur 10 players before it was over. So good luck to Possession in Hawaii.

Good Luck to SF girls next weekend.

Comment

Comment

The bright side, I save some money. Cora played the best game she has ever played, so I'm happy with her.

Comment

Comment

I just have to laugh at the OregonLive site. Man, people get so heated up over things! I mean come on, it's U12, U13 & U14 soccer! You would think it's the World Cup not the State Cup! Ha Ha! Don't get me wrong, I have an opinion and I get fired up about things too but I always try to keep it positive. Over there (on the Dark Side??) they are cutting down the WSM program (Connie I think the director's name is) and the THUSC program saying Tom (our director) is going to drive everyone out! And all the politics, wow! Ha Ha. I wouldn't read it but for the sheer laugh I get out of it. Anyway, glad to be back in the land of sane.
                Do your programs have tryouts this weekend too? I think it's just too much for the girls when they have the State Final game May 3rd and then have to tryout for the team again on May 4th!
                Any Thoughts on that?

Cheers.

Comment

I think it is to much for the girls that are playing still. They have important game Saturday and then some can get really stressed out at Tryouts. With big clubs it is hard on the girls. It seem like all the states do it right after. I think Oregon does it that way because, ODP starts up the following weekend.

Comment

Sorry, that was me (SM) as Guest.

Comment

Re: State Cup

I spoke to the THUSC director this morning (Tom) and he mentioned moving try outs back to June next year. Of course if a team makes it to Regionals they still fall into the same situation. But, at least they get some time to savor their State Cup victory. By the way, Sodium defeated an extremely tough and improved FC Ptld Platinum team Saturday to win the State Championship and represent Oregon as the #1 U12G team. The THPRD fields were just rock'n Saturday. Every field was packed, horns, noise makers, cheers! It was an incredible event for a first timer. Wow! :D
                      Now we face some issues. Our goalie is not returning, we have a center defender, 2 mid-fielders and a forward not returning. (due to moves, injuries and not playing) The current group has the talent to step in and fill those spots but the recruits are going to have to fill some big shoes. We have had a few girls from other clubs attend "pre-tryouts" as well as todays tryouts. But I'm a little concerned about volume of new bodies trying out. Has anyone seen a downturn in volume? Is it too early to tell? Do you think it is due to the clubs stepping up and developing more club loyalty? Popularity of the sport in general? Thoughts?

Cheers.

Comment

Comment

Yes indeed, she had a great game and was pretty fired up! And I agree, I had to turn a couple times and check out the boys game. They had quite few outstanding players.
                          The girls really deserved it this year. Too bad we had to get pushed off the field so fast so the other game could start. You would think they would have given the kids a little slack and let them celebrate for a few minutes! Oh well.
                          Marisa got a taste on Saturday and brought it with her to try-outs too. She was scoring during the scrimmage! We may just have unleashed a lion here!

Have a great week.

Cheers.

Comment

Comment

It truly is! We had a couple girls just light up during State Cup. It's really awesome to see a team, any team, gel together at the right time. I guess that's whats it all about isn't it!

Great games this weekend!

Best of luck to all in the season ahead.

Cheers.

Comment

Just found away to get back on here. Congratulation to Sodium Girls! I was glad to hear that they won. I thought FCW U13 Girls would win over Sunderland. I wish them both good luck in Hawaii, and to the Sodium Girls too. So did they change try out days. We had about 45 girls there Sunday. We have one more Tuesday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X