X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 clubs to join girls' development academy for 2018-2019 seaso

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180618-n...demy-2018-2019

The nine new clubs being introduced for the second year of Girls' programming will account for 29 additional teams. The 2018-19 Girls' Development Academy season will welcome a total of nine new teams to U-14, eight to U-15, eight to U-16/17 and four to U-18/19.

While the number of divisions remains the same, clubs from two new geographical regions are joining the Girls' Development Academy: Oklahoma Energy FC (Oklahoma City, Ok.) and Sporting Omaha (Omaha, Neb.). The nine new clubs were selected from a sizeable pool of applicants.

With the addition of Utah Royals FC, eight of nine NWSL clubs will be represented in the Academy.

BY THE NUMBERS:
    •At the start of the 2018-19 Development Academy season: ◦U-18/19: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2000 or later
    ◦U-16/17: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2002 or later
    ◦U-15: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2004 or later
    ◦U-14: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2005 or later
    ◦U-13: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2006 or later
    ◦U-12: eligible for players born Jan. 1, 2007 or later

•In 2015-16, the Development Academy registered 5,916 players across 231 teams from 96 clubs that played in 3,509 games.
    •The 2016-17 Development Academy season concluded with 10,783 players registered across 461 teams from 150 clubs playing 8,036 games.
    •The 2017-18 Development Academy season will conclude with over 19,000 players across 896 teams from 197 clubs playing over 13,000 games.

ABOUT THE ACADEMY

Following a comprehensive review of elite player development in the United States and around world, U.S. Soccer created the Development Academy program in 2007 to improve everyday environments with standards focused on individual player development. The Academy launched with two combined age groups for male players, U-15/16 and U-17/18. In 2013, the Academy expanded to include the U-13/14 age group, and in 2016, the Academy launched the U-12 program, which has continued to build a player pathway for elite players and clubs.

In 2017, the Girls' Development Academy was launched with a mission to improve the player development landscape and create a pathway for elite female players. Today, the Academy is comprised of teams across six age groups in the Boys' program: U-12, U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16/17, and U-18/19 and four age groups in the Girls' program: U-13/14, U-15, U-16/17, and U-18/19.

As Boys' Academy alumni have progressed to play at elite amateur and professional levels with MLS paving the way, NWSL clubs have also created Academy teams to develop the same pathway for future female players to progress to the professional level.

Rec clubs weakening an already inferior product. Nothing to see here, but a new league circling the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Rec clubs weakening an already inferior product. Nothing to see here, but a new league circling the drain.
      It’s all about the ecnl - yeah boiiii

Comment

Really?

U.S. SOCCER DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY
        CLUBS

NORTHWEST
        Burlingame Soccer Club
        California Thorns FC
        Crossfire Premier
        La Roca Futbol Club
        Lamorinda Soccer Club
        Placer United Soccer Club
        Portland Thorns FC
        PSV Union Football Club
        San Jose Earthquakes
        Seattle Reign Academy

SOUTHWEST
        Albion SC
        Beach Futbol Club
        Eagles Soccer Club
        LA Galaxy
        LA Galaxy San Diego
        LAFC Slammers
        Legends FC
        Los Angeles Premier Futbol Club
        Pateadores
        Real So Cal
        San Diego Surf
        SC del Sol
        So Cal Blues Soccer Club
        West Coast Futbol Club

FRONTIER
        Colorado Rush
        Dallas Texans
        FC Dallas
        FC Kansas City
        Houston Dash
        Lonestar SC
        Real Colorado
        Solar Soccer Club
        Sporting Blue Valley

MID-AMERICA
        Cincinnati Development Academy
        Eclipse Select Soccer Club
        FC United
        Indiana Fire Academy
        Michigan Hawks
        Midwest United FC
        Nationals
        Shattuck - St. Mary's
        Sockers FC

NORTHEAST
        Boston Breakers Academy
        Empire United
        FC Fury NY
        FC Stars
        Long Island SC
        New York City FC
        Oakwood Soccer Club
        Sky Blue - NYSC

MID-ATLANTIC
        Cedar Stars Academy - Monmouth
        FC Virginia
        PA Classics
        Penn Fusion Soccer Academy
        Sky Blue - PDA
        Virginia Development Academy
        Washington Spirit Academy - Baltimore Armour
        Washington Spirit Academy - Virginia

SOUTHEAST
        Boca United Football
        Charlotte Soccer Academy
        Concorde Fire
        IMG Academy
        NC Courage
        NTH Tophat
        Orlando Pride
        United Futbol Academy
        United Soccer Alliance
        West Florida Flames
        Weston FC

Comment

Really?

U.S. SOCCER DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY
          CLUBS

NORTHWEST
          Burlingame Soccer Club
          California Thorns FC
          Crossfire Premier
          La Roca Futbol Club
          Lamorinda Soccer Club
          Placer United Soccer Club
          Portland Thorns FC
          PSV Union Football Club
          San Jose Earthquakes
          Seattle Reign Academy

SOUTHWEST
          Albion SC
          Beach Futbol Club
          Eagles Soccer Club
          LA Galaxy
          LA Galaxy San Diego
          LAFC Slammers
          Legends FC
          Los Angeles Premier Futbol Club
          Pateadores
          Real So Cal
          San Diego Surf
          SC del Sol
          So Cal Blues Soccer Club
          West Coast Futbol Club

FRONTIER
          Colorado Rush
          Dallas Texans
          FC Dallas
          FC Kansas City
          Houston Dash
          Lonestar SC
          Real Colorado
          Solar Soccer Club
          Sporting Blue Valley

MID-AMERICA
          Cincinnati Development Academy
          Eclipse Select Soccer Club
          FC United
          Indiana Fire Academy
          Michigan Hawks
          Midwest United FC
          Nationals
          Shattuck - St. Mary's
          Sockers FC

NORTHEAST
          Boston Breakers Academy
          Empire United
          FC Fury NY
          FC Stars
          Long Island SC
          New York City FC
          Oakwood Soccer Club
          Sky Blue - NYSC

MID-ATLANTIC
          Cedar Stars Academy - Monmouth
          FC Virginia
          PA Classics
          Penn Fusion Soccer Academy
          Sky Blue - PDA
          Virginia Development Academy
          Washington Spirit Academy - Baltimore Armour
          Washington Spirit Academy - Virginia

SOUTHEAST
          Boca United Football
          Charlotte Soccer Academy
          Concorde Fire
          IMG Academy
          NC Courage
          NTH Tophat
          Orlando Pride
          United Futbol Academy
          United Soccer Alliance
          West Florida Flames
          Weston FC
          Yes. Really. This list doesn’t take into account the wise clubs that saw GDA as the farce it really is and became All In ECNL clubs. Please post an up to date list and we can discuss how great your GDA really is.

Comment

It must really suck to be you. Try to avoid having sharp objects in your home.

Comment

Yes. Really. This list doesn’t take into account the wise clubs that saw GDA as the farce it really is and became All In ECNL clubs. Please post an up to date list and we can discuss how great your GDA really is.
              The SE is very weak, particularly the bottom half of teams-WFF, BU, UFA, USA, IMG.
              The Pride are not even in GDA anymore.
              By far & away the weakest conference in the country.
              No wonder TH does not want to make the trip down to FL anymore.

Comment

The SE is very weak, particularly the bottom half of teams-WFF, BU, UFA, USA, IMG.
                The Pride are not even in GDA anymore.
                By far & away the weakest conference in the country.
                No wonder TH does not want to make the trip down to FL anymore.
                What is your club? Whatever it is, doubt it would not hang with Tophat nor will it hang with Concord now that they caved to financials have ran back to ECNL. Your comment reeks of jealousy. In its first year GDA is on par with ECNL and will end up the top league in the next few years. Hope you don't still have young kids playing the game with your point of view.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2291938]What is your club? Whatever it is, doubt it would not hang with Tophat nor will it hang with Concord now that they caved to financials have ran back to ECNL. Your comment reeks of jealousy. In its first year GDA is on par with ECNL and will end up the top league in the next few years. Hope you don't still have young kids playing the game with your point of view.[

OC for the record.
                  And let me address each of your points:

1. In two years, my D will be long gone & already playing in college, so your point is larger irrelevant as it relates to me & I assume you as if your D is currently playing GDA. I could care less about youth soccer or its landscape beyond the next two years.
                  2. The GDA, in particular the FL teams were very disappointing. Too much talent gap in games, where scores were 8-0 & 9-0. First year or not, this should be be happening with a league of the reported caliber of GDA.

My solution, you limit GDA to two clubs in FL. One in ORL & one in SF. That is it.
                  Kids from Jax & Tampa can make the trip to Orlando for practice. Orl kids can even go south if they choose to play GDA.
                  Way too many mediocre clubs that dilute the talent & not enough population centers or talent to support the current structure GDA in FL. Which is the reason that most of the GDA teams in FL across most age groups were simply just not good. Period.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2291946]
                    What is your club? Whatever it is, doubt it would not hang with Tophat nor will it hang with Concord now that they caved to financials have ran back to ECNL. Your comment reeks of jealousy. In its first year GDA is on par with ECNL and will end up the top league in the next few years. Hope you don't still have young kids playing the game with your point of view.[

OC for the record.

1. In two years, my D will be long gone & already playing in college, so your point is larger irrelevant as it relates to me & I assume you as if your D is currently playing GDA. I could care less about youth soccer or its landscape beyond the next two years.
                    2. The GDA, in particular the FL teams were very disappointing. Too much talent gap in games, where scores were 8-0 & 9-0. First year or not, this should be be happening with a league of the reported caliber of GDA.

My solution, you limit GDA to two clubs in FL. One in ORL & one in SF. That is it.
                    Kids from Jax & Tampa can make the trip to Orlando for practice. Orl kids can even go south if they choose to play GDA.
                    Way too many mediocre clubs that dilute the talent & not enough population centers or talent to support the current structure GDA in FL. Which is the reason that most of the GDA teams in FL across most age groups were simply just not good. Period.
                    Thank you for providing absolutely nothing to this conversation, including your horrendous solution to fix the GDA. If your daughters plans are truly that set in stone, get off the anonymous forum and go spend time with her before she moves out. You should have nothing to gain by being here except trolling of course.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2291946]
                      What is your club? Whatever it is, doubt it would not hang with Tophat nor will it hang with Concord now that they caved to financials have ran back to ECNL. Your comment reeks of jealousy. In its first year GDA is on par with ECNL and will end up the top league in the next few years. Hope you don't still have young kids playing the game with your point of view.[

OC for the record.

What club are you again?

1. Said "hope" your kids are not young. Kudos to you for lucking out where it doesn't matter if they're still in ECNL.

2. Your solution will not make any difference and may in fact make things worse as there are more clubs in central FL diluting talent than anywhere else. OC made a go of it but the got kicked to the curb and now their teams are being raided wherever possible.

You can make an argument for south FL but none of those idiots can agree on anything except they hate each other. There are three clubs in JAX and they hold all the NE talent on a couple different age group they too don't particularly get along.

You should write a thesis and send to USSF and see what they think. Point is, Florida in general is a wasteland for youth soccer on team basis though a lot, and I mean a lot of individual talent exists. Not one club can call itself better than mediocre, GDA, ECNL, Travel, whatever.

At some point, you geniuses should get bored bashing GDA and likewise the GDA zealots should be find something else to do than bash ECNL. Neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2291953]

Thank you for providing absolutely nothing to this conversation, including your horrendous solution to fix the GDA. If your daughters plans are truly that set in stone, get off the anonymous forum and go spend time with her before she moves out. You should have nothing to gain by being here except trolling of course.
                        ^this works too^

Comment

All valid points except for the last part. We are TBU, we’ve dominated every league we’ve been in.

Comment

All valid points except for the last part. We are TBU, we’ve dominated every league we’ve been in.
                            Too bad you haven’t been in GDA cuz I garentee you wouldn’t dominate it

Comment

Too bad you haven’t been in GDA cuz I garentee you wouldn’t dominate it
                              And I garentee we would. I also garentee nobody affiliated with TBU would spell guarantee as garentee.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X