Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of teams are not prepared for the EDP card change

I know of more than a few EDP teams that have kids that play LIJSL for other clubs and they aren't even thinking about the fact that they can't keep that player sharing arrangement for next year.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know of more than a few EDP teams that have kids that play LIJSL for other clubs and they aren't even thinking about the fact that they can't keep that player sharing arrangement for next year.
    A lot of parents and players too. Now they will need to choose team, which frankly isn't a bad thing

Comment

A lot of parents and players too. Now they will need to choose team, which frankly isn't a bad thing
      Or switch to do the NYPL/LIJSL or NYPL/EDP double.

Comment

Or switch to do the NYPL/LIJSL or NYPL/EDP double.
        Aren't the majority of these cases. The kid plays with his school/friends on local USYS team and plays premier on an EDP team?

If that's the case they have to choose one team

If the use case is I won't my kid to play on as many teams as possible. Then one could place your kid on NYPL team

Comment

Can someone explain this a little better? What local leagues are not in conflict when it comes to passes if I want to play on two teams?

Comment

Can someone explain this a little better? What local leagues are not in conflict when it comes to passes if I want to play on two teams?
            Sure. There are a number of soccer organizations that can issue player passes but for the most part the only ones that the country cares about are USYSA (US Youth Soccer) and US Club (US Club Soccer). Both groups have lots of local leagues for regular travel and there are too many to list in NY to have a coherent conversation about this. So I'm going to just describe how it works on Long Island to keep it simply enough to understand.

On Long Island your USYSA options are LIJSL (local level), ENYPL (state level) ERL (region level) and National League (nationwide).

And your Long Island US Club options are NYCSL (local level), NYPL (regional team vs team play), Metro/NPL (regional club vs club play) and ECNL (regional club vs club play).

Most kids that dual-carded for two different clubs played for their town LIJSL team with a USYSA card and moonlighted for a premier team in some variation of NYPL, Metro, NPL and ECNL with a US Club card.

What changed was that EDP is switching over to USYSA cards and is integrating their leagues with the ERL league. So kids that held a USYSA card under one club and an US Club card under another club in order to play EDP no longer have that option.

Comment

Sure. There are a number of soccer organizations that can issue player passes but for the most part the only ones that the country cares about are USYSA (US Youth Soccer) and US Club (US Club Soccer). Both groups have lots of local leagues for regular travel and there are too many to list in NY to have a coherent conversation about this. So I'm going to just describe how it works on Long Island to keep it simply enough to understand.

On Long Island your USYSA options are LIJSL (local level), ENYPL (state level) ERL (region level) and National League (nationwide).

And your Long Island US Club options are NYCSL (local level), NYPL (regional team vs team play), Metro/NPL (regional club vs club play) and ECNL (regional club vs club play).

Most kids that dual-carded for two different clubs played for their town LIJSL team with a USYSA card and moonlighted for a premier team in some variation of NYPL, Metro, NPL and ECNL with a US Club card.

What changed was that EDP is switching over to USYSA cards and is integrating their leagues with the ERL league. So kids that held a USYSA card under one club and an US Club card under another club in order to play EDP no longer have that option.
              just so I'm following you. If my son plays for a team in NJ who plays in EDP then he now Cant play for his local town team who plays in LIJSL??

Comment

If my son is carded in NYCSL can I get him carded on a secondary team in the Cosmopolitan?

Comment

just so I'm following you. If my son plays for a team in NJ who plays in EDP then he now Cant play for his local town team who plays in LIJSL??
                  Correct. He could play for an EDP team and a LIJSL team that both belong to the same club. But he cannot play EDP for one club and LIJSL for a different club.

Comment

If my son is carded in NYCSL can I get him carded on a secondary team in the Cosmopolitan?
                    Yes, because NYCSL uses US Club and the Cosmopolitan Junior league uses USYSA passes.

Comment

You can't have two cards?

Comment

You can't have two cards?
                        Not from the same sanctioning body. So you can have one USYS and one US Club. You can't have two US Club or two USYS

Comment

Not from the same sanctioning body. So you can have one USYS and one US Club. You can't have two US Club or two USYS
                          So why is there a problem?

Comment

So why is there a problem?
                            One more time ...

Because EDP just switched from US Club to USYS

A kid playing in EDP this year could play for town team (USYs) and their EDP team (US Club) as the cards were from different sanctioning groups

This coming year the same kid can't play for both teams as they will both be carded through USYS

Comment

Let me esplain' lucy.

LIJSL = USYSA card
                              EDP = USYSA card
                              NPL/NYPL/NYCSL = US Club card

A player can only have one active USYSA card and one active US Club card at the same time. Those two cards can be under the same club or under two different clubs. But each card is attached to a specific club.

So lets say you have an USYSA card for HBC. You can only use that to play for LIJSL and EDP teams from HBC. You cannot use it to play LIJSL for HBC and then also use it to play EDP for another club. That is not allowed.

You can still get a separate US Club card to play for another club in one of the NYCSL leagues, but those kids that were playing for a town club in LIJSL and a separate premier club in EDP no longer have that option.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X