Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Be proud of the player your kid is becoming, not the scores of her games.

If your kid’s coach is letting the gk punt and backs smack the ball long, then she’s not being taught properly. Anyone can compete and fight, only those taught properly can actually play.
    Quite possibly the stupidest quote of the day!! You can’t go undefeated at nationals by just playing kick and run.

The teams are all of high caliber. To come within a goal of qualifying for the elite 8 is a great accomplishment

Comment

Wasn’t talking about the 15s.

Champions League A teams
      NAC B teams
      Showcase C teams.

Get with the program.
      Exactly. FSA is NOT playing for the ECNL championship. They are in the NAC, which is for the teams that weren't good enough to make it to the ECNL playoffs. Hell, the CFC 03's were there as well and their record sucked.

I wish them luck, but let's keep it in context. Winning the NAC doesn't mean you're anywhere close to being an ECNL playoff team.

Comment

Exactly. FSA is NOT playing for the ECNL championship. They are in the NAC, which is for the teams that weren't good enough to make it to the ECNL playoffs. Hell, the CFC 03's were there as well and their record sucked.

I wish them luck, but let's keep it in context. Winning the NAC doesn't mean you're anywhere close to being an ECNL playoff team.
        Neither is any CFC team playing for the ECNL championship. What can be said is FSA went undefeated in the Champions League and if the U17s pull off a victory in the Championship final FSA would have gone undefeated at the nationals.

Comment

Neither is any CFC team playing for the ECNL championship. What can be said is FSA went undefeated in the Champions League and if the U17s pull off a victory in the Championship final FSA would have gone undefeated at the nationals.
          Take the summer off FSA intern. You’ve earned it!

Comment

Take the summer off FSA intern. You’ve earned it!
            You should admit it already. We know that you know. FSA 2001s are the strongest team of their age in the state, and probably the region.

Comment

Quite possibly the stupidest quote of the day!! You can’t go undefeated at nationals by just playing kick and run.

The teams are all of high caliber. To come within a goal of qualifying for the elite 8 is a great accomplishment
              Yes you can, watch the game. They clearly did not play quality soccer. It was painful to watch. VERY PAINFUL! The fact that that team wins any games (and they are not terribly athletic to boot) is more a tribute to the poor quality of soccer at their level than their own tremendous ability. Sorry, that game was really bad. It just was. Their opponents strive to play decent soccer but it is hard to score with 7 or 8 kids always behind the ball and FSA gets out a few times and puts one or two in by dumb luck ..... probably often carelessness on their opponents part for drifting too many kids forward and missing key stops on a few counters.

Comment

Game replay: https://mycujoo.tv/video/ecnl?id=21025

Comment

Yes you can, watch the game. They clearly did not play quality soccer. It was painful to watch. VERY PAINFUL! The fact that that team wins any games (and they are not terribly athletic to boot) is more a tribute to the poor quality of soccer at their level than their own tremendous ability. Sorry, that game was really bad. It just was. Their opponents strive to play decent soccer but it is hard to score with 7 or 8 kids always behind the ball and FSA gets out a few times and puts one or two in by dumb luck ..... probably often carelessness on their opponents part for drifting too many kids forward and missing key stops on a few counters.
                  This is a perfect description of how FSA plays. 6 or 7 behind the ball and then send it long hoping for a counter. I’ll also add that when in doubt, they kick it out. The defenders don’t even pick theirs heads up to look for a pass or have the confidence to take a player on. I can’t believe people pay all of that money for what their kids are(n’t) getting. I have to think they don’t know any better.

Comment

i watched a part of it and have no axe to grind. its a testament to what constitutes "winning" soccer at this level. we are so far behind technically that its shocking. the games turn on who can make the least mistakes. very little quality soccer is played.

This is what happens when winning is the only goal.

Im sure parents are happy and in the US , thats ALL that counts. it pays the bills.

Comment

This is a perfect description of how FSA plays. 6 or 7 behind the ball and then send it long hoping for a counter. I’ll also add that when in doubt, they kick it out. The defenders don’t even pick theirs heads up to look for a pass or have the confidence to take a player on. I can’t believe people pay all of that money for what their kids are(n’t) getting. I have to think they don’t know any better.
                      Even if that were true -- it's not accurate and you know it -- over half the teams in the World Cup play that way. It's legit.

Comment

its not just FSA though. with some variance, its been the successful playing style here for a long time.

Here, winning justifies any method.

you all worship UNC for essentially doing the same thing ( with a few refinements) to 20 national championships.

Comment

Even if that were true -- it's not accurate and you know it -- over half the teams in the World Cup play that way. It's legit.
                          it is legit IF that represents your best chance of winning a game. the difference is most of those players are fully capable of playing many ways.

the question you should ask is at YOUTH level, does it make sense to play that way in what should be a development phase and can those players play any other way ?

Comment

i watched a part of it and have no axe to grind. its a testament to what constitutes "winning" soccer at this level. we are so far behind technically that its shocking. the games turn on who can make the least mistakes. very little quality soccer is played.

This is what happens when winning is the only goal.

Im sure parents are happy and in the US , thats ALL that counts. it pays the bills.
                            It is no wonder that Oakwood pounded this team. I am not an Oakwood or FSA fan, but if i had the choice between these two it is not even close as to which team I would choose to have my kid play on (and I do not care about the league either team plays in).

Comment

In 4 years it will be 2/3 of the teams when they expand the field .... which 1/3 do you think the winning country will be from then (as now)?

Comment

It is no wonder that Oakwood pounded this team. I am not an Oakwood or FSA fan, but if i had the choice between these two it is not even close as to which team I would choose to have my kid play on (and I do not care about the league either team plays in).
                                First, you don't have a choice which team your kid plays on. You have a choice which club she may play. Second, if you don't care about the league she plays in you should choose travel or rec.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X