Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crossfire 05 B dad. Literally mocking an African American kid on another team calling him an ape. Disgusted our whole bench. Total racist. We all want him out.
    That conduct merits a complaint to your OWN coach. Part of having a good sideline is parents keeping their own in check. And part is a coach who is willing to stand up to out-of-line parents and tell them to take a hike.

As racist behavior is explicitly banned by both OYSA and DA rules; I don't see how a coach could ignore this if brought to their attention. (Actually, I can--parents of stars frequently get away with things that parents of benchwarmers do not).

Comment

No. No way! At that point, the game needs to stop and some people need to intervene. That is not ok. So what happens when Blonde Beaver (who is not hot by the way) plays racist a hole? This is 2018 and there is no place for either of these people.
      Since Blonde Beaver (and presumably her kid) is white, I suspect Racist Ahole would take little notice of her, and instead pick on AJS (he's big and conspicuous) or one of the other Latino kids at CFC.

Comment

Crossfire 05 B dad. Literally mocking an African American kid on another team calling him an ape. Disgusted our whole bench. Total racist. We all want him out.
        What did this dad look like? Can you describe him? This is not okay at all. Sheesh.

Comment

What did this dad look like? Can you describe him? This is not okay at all. Sheesh.
          Crossfire 05 DA plays CFC 05 DA this weekend! Racist and Blonde Beaver show down!?!?!

Comment

CU '04 girls. White visor lady. Stunning. Among others...

Comment

Yeah, she is really out of line. She is so loud, it is confusing why the coach would even tolerate it for a second. Isn't this on him?
              File a complaint with the club DOC. They know who she is. Possibly grab a few moments of video/audio. Video/audio doesn’t lie.

Comment

Hold up, disgusted your whole bench? Do you mean parents on the sideline or the team bench? Did this Dad "mock the player" by calling him an ape, and directing it to the player on the field? When did this happen? This doesn't sound right to me. I am a Crossfire parent, and we just played WST last weekend. I did not see or hear anything and the Crossfire parents were all on their side as far as I know. Please provide more details, or I am afraid this is just an attempt by you to smear somebody you do not like. Also, a case of sour grapes as your team lost (although it was actually a really close game).

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2258180]Crossfire 05 B dad. Literally mocking an African American kid on another team calling him an ape. Disgusted our whole bench. Total racist. We all want him out

Did this happen during a game or are you referring to the “dna” reference and going a bit far with the ape and race card. I was at the westside crossfire game this weekend scouting players we are trying to recruit and both sidelines were very cordial

Comment

That conduct merits a complaint to your OWN coach. Part of having a good sideline is parents keeping their own in check. And part is a coach who is willing to stand up to out-of-line parents and tell them to take a hike.

As racist behavior is explicitly banned by both OYSA and DA rules; I don't see how a coach could ignore this if brought to their attention. (Actually, I can--parents of stars frequently get away with things that parents of benchwarmers do not).
                    Problem is it’s a complete lie trying to stir the pot...

Comment

Hold up, disgusted your whole bench? Do you mean parents on the sideline or the team bench? Did this Dad "mock the player" by calling him an ape, and directing it to the player on the field? When did this happen? This doesn't sound right to me. I am a Crossfire parent, and we just played WST last weekend. I did not see or hear anything and the Crossfire parents were all on their side as far as I know. Please provide more details, or I am afraid this is just an attempt by you to smear somebody you do not like. Also, a case of sour grapes as your team lost (although it was actually a really close game).
                      Westside parent and not the OP. I've been annoyed by Crossfire parents before (and have learned not to sit among the Crossfire fans--some of which were hurling lots abuse at Copa as a team last season during a game), but haven't encountered this fellow, nor did I observe any out-of-line behavior from the Crossfire sideline during the game last weekend. Of course, I sat on the Westside side of the field.

The OP didn't say it was against Westside that this racial taunt occurred, and our #99 isn't the only black kid in the DA program. (Washington Timbers also has at least one African-American player, and Crossfire played them a few weeks ago. I'm certain there are others--generally I don't pay much attention to the racial composition of our opponents...)

If such a thing occurred, and other parents (on Crossfire) didn't notify the coaching staff, shame on them. If they did notify the coaching staff and the coaches/admin did nothing, shame on them. If this is all made-up gossip, shame on whoever posted it.

Comment

Westside parent and not the OP. I've been annoyed by Crossfire parents before (and have learned not to sit among the Crossfire fans--some of which were hurling lots abuse at Copa as a team last season during a game), but haven't encountered this fellow, nor did I observe any out-of-line behavior from the Crossfire sideline during the game last weekend. Of course, I sat on the Westside side of the field.

The OP didn't say it was against Westside that this racial taunt occurred, and our #99 isn't the only black kid in the DA program. (Washington Timbers also has at least one African-American player, and Crossfire played them a few weeks ago. I'm certain there are others--generally I don't pay much attention to the racial composition of our opponents...)

If such a thing occurred, and other parents (on Crossfire) didn't notify the coaching staff, shame on them. If they did notify the coaching staff and the coaches/admin did nothing, shame on them. If this is all made-up gossip, shame on whoever posted it.
                        Whoever the OP is who posted this accusation should identify when and where said actions occurred if they were in fact during a game and not the “dna” gate in the 05 message board. it would allow the powers to be to look into the situation by listening to game video and audio and also any other personal recordings as well as interview involved parties. There is no place for that behavior in youth sports or society as a whole. Kind of surprising though since xfire 05 has multiple kids who are not Caucasian.

Too all of you on this message board: If you are just posting things anonymously (you can be identified) without merit I want you to know it’s defamation and you are opening yourself up to potential legal issues so think twice and be sure you are 100% correct, and have necessary evidence to back up your claims, next time you post especially about topics like this. Just my bit of free advice...

Comment

Okay, anonymous pot stirrer, you are being called out. Please provide details, team, date, what field, what was said, who witnessed alleged incident. According to your post, the alleged incidencent "disgusted your whole bench." You then went to call "Crossfire Dad" a racist and day "we all want him out." Very serious allegation. Back it up.

Comment

Okay, anonymous pot stirrer, you are being called out. Please provide details, team, date, what field, what was said, who witnessed alleged incident. According to your post, the alleged incidencent "disgusted your whole bench." You then went to call "Crossfire Dad" a racist and day "we all want him out." Very serious allegation. Back it up.
                            Can’t- it did not happen

Comment

Can’t- it did not happen
                              Agreed.

Comment

Anybody else hear that loud, obnoxiously irritating, BEEP...BEEP....BEEP....BEEP as this guy backed up and away from his previous post? "Westside parent and not the OP," they then proceed to point out that the original post did not specifically mention Westside...etc. Somebody else on here already mentioned that there was a "dna" comment on the p5 thread in relation to the young man for WST. Sadly, somebody else on there took it to mean that it was a racial comment, as opposed to what it really was. A complimentary comment about a strong, quick, fast, tall, athletic player on the 05 WST. Quite frankly, the only player on that team that stands out. Anyways, now a couple days later...this. Coincidence? Of course not. I have shared the sideline with the Crossfire parents, as I am proud to call some of the friends and some of them are acquaintances. I have never heard a single parent be critical of another team's players. The one exception would be the FC game (yes, I was there) when FC's player began taunting the parent's as his father (term used loosely) ran up the sideline to instigate. Even then, what I heard were parents telling him to be "smarter than that" to "stop talking and play the game." I also heard the player's father barking in spanish and what I presumed was a Crossfire mother engage him in Spanish. I do not speak Spanish, so I cannot say for sure what was said?

Anyways, as a former Crossfire and Westside parent, I strongly suspect that a WST parent is using the anonymity on this site to promote their own agenda. It is abundantly clear that the 05 age group of both bus has had a long rivalry and that Crossfire has gotten the better of WST more often than not. Beep...Beep....Beep

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X