Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Man I feel bad for you. Spend over a year on here insulting ECNL and OYSA and talking up your GDA, only to helplessly watch it slowly swirl down the drain. I know. Rethinking all of your choices over the past year is painful. But this is a growth opportunity. Embrace your mistakes. Learn from them. You might actually become a better person (yes it’s a long shot but you never know).
    I have no insults for US Club leagues, OYSA league or the the US Soccer DA platform.

They all speak for themselves.

You have some residual mommy & daddy issues, ever since the day they mentioned your birth as a mistake.

I realize it's not your fault, hopefully you can come to terms with this.

Comment

I have no insults for US Club leagues, OYSA league or the the US Soccer DA platform.

They all speak for themselves.

You have some residual mommy & daddy issues, ever since the day they mentioned your birth as a mistake.

I realize it's not your fault, hopefully you can come to terms with this.
      Excellent retort. Insulting the anonymous chat board poster. Feel better? Did it help you forget that you talked your daughter into giving up everything fun in her life to join a league that will be folding in the next year? If not you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that once GDA gets down to its final two clubs (thorns and Burlingame), thorns have a decent chance to win it all. That’ll be fun to brag about at work.

Comment

Yeah but ECNL just feeds the pay-to-play model that’s killing US Soccer. Nice for mediocre level white affluent girls but not for the country.
        Not a surprise that since middle to upper middle class talent is what finances girls soccer here, there is a leacue that caters to them. They pay for it. The rest of the country does not care about or want to finance girls soccer.

Comment

Excellent retort. Insulting the anonymous chat board poster. Feel better? Did it help you forget that you talked your daughter into giving up everything fun in her life to join a league that will be folding in the next year? If not you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that once GDA gets down to its final two clubs (thorns and Burlingame), thorns have a decent chance to win it all. That’ll be fun to brag about at work.
          I feel better, just laughing at your inability to let it go and move on. Your posts are priceless & hilarious. It's awesome. Thanks! not op..

Comment

Even if the MLS (GDA) lost a few franchises to the USL (ECNL).

MLS (GDA) is still the top league and USL (ECNL) 2nd/3rd division.
            GDA is losing this battle by a landslide. Might not even be a GDA come fall.

Comment

GDA is losing this battle by a landslide. Might not even be a GDA come fall.
              Really hope they survive another 2 years. None of us want the 01/02 parents back in ECNL or OYSA.

Comment

Really hope they survive another 2 years. None of us want the 01/02 parents back in ECNL or OYSA.
                They would all be in OYSA 2nd div anyway so no worries.

Comment

Yeah but ECNL just feeds the pay-to-play model that’s killing US Soccer. Nice for mediocre level white affluent girls but not for the country.
                  But USSF didn't do anything to really improve that either! It's still pay to play (ok it's a little cheaper than ECNL but still very expensive) with absurd travel in terms of time and cost. BDA gets part way there with free MLS clubs, but even then that's only about 1/3 of all BDA clubs. Soccer in this country is pay to play. That's the reality we have to work with.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if boys ECNL takes off as a viable option to DA. Safe to say I think ECNL has proven the best choice on girls side. Will a real brand that has had to build a structure in a competitive environment take on"Men's" US Soccer's bloated carcass and give them a run? Would be good for soccer in USA if US Soccer had a competitor.
                    Boys ECNL is fighting a similar battle to GDA vs ECNL on the girls side. Fighting a well entrenched enemy who has the superior position is never easy. I think there definitely is room for boys ECNL but it will take time to get there. With all the USS nonsense (birth year, GDA) and more kids seeing that the sacrifices for doing DA might not worth it there is a place for competitive good soccer with a college path.

Comment

GDA is like a quarantine for bad parents. I love that we don’t have to see or hear them.

Comment

GDA is like a quarantine for bad parents. I love that we don’t have to see or hear them.
                        Funny!

Comment

The GDA implementation was terrible. Their arrogance put them in a failing situation.

They had an opportunity to be something other than Ecnl which had huge faults and still is a near money grab for Oregon clubs. Instead they thought they could appeal to the same people, market nearly identical, but failed when they tried to implement mandates, rediculous rules, and restrict access to only a small group.

Anyone would take the same thing but with less restrictions..hence the reason while Ecnl is getting clubs back. It was only a matter of time.

Comment

You make no sense. But it’s ok. The people have spoken. The best of the best clubs are leaving GDA. DiCiccone has pointed out the obvious about the GDA scam. It’s crumbling and you can continue to defend and spin but you can’t stop the inevitable collapse of GDA.
                            All these top 10 clubs leaving GDA is rather shocking and will be quite a blow. For our little mediocre soccer corner of the world, our coaches and player pools will reamain the same. Teams will switch up a little like every year and soccer life’s will go on the same as always.

Comment

All these top 10 clubs leaving GDA is rather shocking and will be quite a blow. For our little mediocre soccer corner of the world, our coaches and player pools will reamain the same. Teams will switch up a little like every year and soccer life’s will go on the same as always.
                              ScoreCard

US Soccer vs NASL

US Soccer vs US Club

I’ll take US Soccer, but it’s great to see these groups putting up a fight.

Comment

ScoreCard

US Soccer vs NASL

US Soccer vs US Club

I’ll take US Soccer, but it’s great to see these groups putting up a fight.
                                I don't know on this one - market is starting to speak:

https://www.socceramerica.com/publi....-director.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X