X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They lost today 0-2. Great showing
    Congrats to Vancouver’s 02’s for a great run. I can’t help but wonder if CFC looks at Vancouver and has any regrets. Vancouver honored the birth year mandate and formed a dominant 02 team, even though that unfortunately left a few strong 01’s out in the cold. Cfc went the other route and stayed together, allowing just a few 01 families (one who immediately bailed to GDA) to dictate their team formation strategy. And what has that gotten them? Yes they have won state cup but their ability to compete outside of Oregon continues to decline, culminating in getting skunked in Hawaii. Even Eugene’s 01’s managed to score a few goals over there. Cfc made a huge mistake allowing parents to decide how their teams would be formed. Meanwhile Vancouver did things the right way and their dominance continues.

Comment

Congrats to Vancouver’s 02’s for a great run. I can’t help but wonder if CFC looks at Vancouver and has any regrets. Vancouver honored the birth year mandate and formed a dominant 02 team, even though that unfortunately left a few strong 01’s out in the cold. Cfc went the other route and stayed together, allowing just a few 01 families (one who immediately bailed to GDA) to dictate their team formation strategy. And what has that gotten them? Yes they have won state cup but their ability to compete outside of Oregon continues to decline, culminating in getting skunked in Hawaii. Even Eugene’s 01’s managed to score a few goals over there. Cfc made a huge mistake allowing parents to decide how their teams would be formed. Meanwhile Vancouver did things the right way and their dominance continues.
      Just think how good WashT would be if all their best players didn't leave for CU and FCP by U14? Maybe someday they'll have half-decent coaches so some of those kids will stay. That day's way off in the future but you can always dream...

Comment

And what about your dismal 'career'? Where the hell will you be in 5 years?
        Retired and living like a King.

Comment

They lost today 0-2. Great showing
          The fact that a no-talent thugball team made it as far as they did only proves how far USYS has fallen from it's glory days back in the 90's. 4th tier at best in most areas of the country now and completely irrelevant in the rest.

Comment

Washington Timbers G 02 which which includes a lot of “01 pre birth year change girls” just advanced to the semi-finals at regionals!

Good for Oregon when one of our teams do well.
            Nice job WashT 02's.

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 2001 finished in 4th place in OYSA Premier. I know, pretty awesome finish right? Ever since then it has been downhill. I wonder how many girls are sad they didn't switch to volleyball before it was too late. Losing is a good life lesson.

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 2001 finished in 4th place in OYSA Premier. I know, pretty awesome finish right? Ever since then it has been downhill. I wonder how many girls are sad they didn't switch to volleyball before it was too late. Losing is a good life lesson.
                FC ECNL 2001 was always on the losing end. Too bad. They had a few decent players but for the most part struggled to put much together. Sad!

Comment

The fact that a no-talent thugball team made it as far as they did only proves how far USYS has fallen from it's glory days back in the 90's. 4th tier at best in most areas of the country now and completely irrelevant in the rest.
                  FC ECNL mom, you should call and set up a friendly with the no talent thugball teams Since they are so bad I am sure it would be a walk in the park. Phone numbers are not hard to find. Unless you are worried they would embarrass you? I think both Washington Timbers and CFC would gladly compete with you.

Or in the event you are worried about losing, you could just use an anonymous forum and use your weak little words.

Comment

Wins are not important. If you judge by wins and losses you are misguided.

Comment

come on, be nice. The parents can't help it if the kids aren't athletic enough or interested enough in the sport to apply themselves. So stop bashing.

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 2001

come on, be nice. The parents can't help it if the kids aren't athletic enough or interested enough in the sport to apply themselves. So stop bashing.
                        Thank you. It is not our fault if the kids don't want to work hard and get better. You can give your kids everything material but if they don't feel it in their hearts, they aren't going to give it the extra effort to rise up. You can't force kids to do anything. Best we can do as parents is try and hope for good things to come. If they don't, and we tried as best we could, it is not our fault at that point.

Comment

Thank you. It is not our fault if the kids don't want to work hard and get better. You can give your kids everything material but if they don't feel it in their hearts, they aren't going to give it the extra effort to rise up. You can't force kids to do anything. Best we can do as parents is try and hope for good things to come. If they don't, and we tried as best we could, it is not our fault at that point.
                          Thanks FC ECNL mom. That couldn't have been easy to type. The candor is appreciated and we feel for you.

Comment

CFC cares more about certain families than wins. That’s not a bad thing and they still do very well in state.

Comment

Thanks FC Portland ECNL mom. That couldn't have been easy to type. The candor is appreciated and we feel for you.
                              Sometimes it’s hard to be emotionally honest. Our society does not value emotional honesty. So we struggle with insecurities and trying to live up to standards.

Comment

F.C. Portland ECNL 2001

Just try your best. Success is not always obvious.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X