Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    is that tryout for academy or just practice ?

just jackasses

Comment

I'm very confused about something, and I would love it if someone who actually knows the answer to this can chime in.

The boys USSDA program, forbids a player to practice, train, or tryout with another DA program in season. This is a rule that I am aware of, and that clubs TRY and enforce. There are RIGHTS to the Clubs to dismiss a player if they violate the rule. But is there a USSDA sanction if a player is found to be doing this?

Also, given that both the NYCFC Academy and Red Bulls Academy are DA Clubs, how is that they are allowed to invite players, train players, and tryout players all year that are currently DA players at other clubs (non MLS).

It appears to me that the origins of, development of, and executing of scouting by the MLS teams violates the USSDA rules, but is overlooked or disregarded because they are MLS teams.

So my question is, whom is exempt from this USSDA rule? The waters are no longer very clear, and I'd like to know if anyone has the answer to this ongoing dilemma.
      Below are all the rules. But for practical matter MLS and all others are held to different standards. Player moving to a MLS club is seen as a promotion from non-MLS to non-MLS is seen a lateral move.

If a player is good enough that MLS is interested in recruiting them away from another non-MLS academy then it is likely that player is already on the USSF's radar. The general sentiment is for the players accelerated development the move is in that players best interest with respect to that players soccer development.

So yes MLS clubs have a little more flexibility with respect to recruitment. This has been proven time and time again. Exempt is a strong word privileged maybe.

2017-18 Development Academy Rule and Regulation

section 7.

Recruiting Players/Territories: No Academy club has exclusive territory rights. The
      Academy Clubs may recruit players for participation on Academy teams from any geographic region. Clubs should note that coaches and administrators may be subject to the rules of USSF Organization Members when they are recruiting for the club’s non-Academy teams. However, those rules should not apply to players recruited to play full-time on the Development Academy teams. Clubs are required to contact the player’s current Academy Director prior to contacting the player and request permission to speak
      with the player or invite the player to any club meeting or training session

c. Player Transfers: Transfer of a player from one Academy team to another shall
      be treated like any other adds. A player who wishes to transfer to a new Academy team must obtain a release from their original Academy club in writing before transferring or communicating with another club. If the original Academy club does not agree to release the player (and the player will not meet the 25% start requirement, U-12 players excluded), the transfer will be allowed and the player must sit at least 3 games, plus any head-to-head games that season. In all other circumstances, the Academy club has the
      discretion to release or not release the player during the Academy Season. Players may not train or otherwise participate with a Development Academy team that they are not officially rostered with prior to approval of a transfer request. If a player trains with another Academy team prior to receiving a release, he may not be permitted to transfer to that Academy club. Clubs wishing to speak to a player registered with another Academy club must state their intentions in writing to the player’s club, the Academy Staff,
      and their respective Technical Advisors. Releases must be sent to Academy Staff and the staff shall review and have the authority to approve or deny a transfer of a player in all circumstances. Regardless of the scenario, any transfer player will sit all head-to-head regular season fixtures between former and current club regardless of being released by their previous club (this does not apply to preseason or the postseason). If there are no head-to-head fixtures that remain in the current season, the player will be eligible to participate pending any other suspensions to serve.

Comment

section 7.

Recruiting Players/Territories: No Academy club has exclusive territory rights. The
        Academy Clubs may recruit players for participation on Academy teams from any geographic region. Clubs should note that coaches and administrators may be subject to the rules of USSF Organization Members when they are recruiting for the club’s non-Academy teams. However, those rules should not apply to players recruited to play full-time on the Development Academy teams. Clubs are required to contact the player’s current Academy Director prior to contacting the player and request permission to speak
        with the player or invite the player to any club meeting or training session

usually MSL contacts non-Academy teams for permission before inviting the player to training session?

Comment

Like with much of DA, there's rules, and then there's "rules." USSF often looks the other way when clubs don't follow the rules, especially MLS clubs. The Revs are a great example - they don't practice 4days per week and aren't running U12 teams. Their performance is falling rapidly but they're left to do what they want. Why? Because MLS-level players are really all USSF cares about. Almost no NT players come from non MLS clubs, plus the MLS free to play model is what is desired because it's more about talent than who can afford to play. Finally, without MLS clubs in DA then it's just another league. So, if an MLS club skirts or even breaks the rules in recruiting? USSF just doesn't care. With BS performance falling off a cliff, no facility and other issues with MK I'm sure they also don't care if NYSC is taking BS players. But most likely those parents sought out NYSC. NYSC was of course happy to oblige a look, which they can do easily watching games on line or live games. Players didn't even really need to attend a practice.

Comment

usuallyNYCFC contacts non-Academy teams for permission before inviting the player to training session?

Comment

usuallyNYCFC contacts non-Academy teams for permission before inviting the player to training session?
              hmmm....you asked that on the NY board also. If your kid didn't get an invite, well, there's your answer.

Comment

hmmm....you asked that on the NY board also. If your kid didn't get an invite, well, there's your answer.
                got invited but club team didn't tell me anything to us.

Comment

got invited but club team didn't tell me anything to us.
                  Nice. Let me guess, BS?

Comment

Nice. Let me guess, BS?
                    Not BS.. just wandering if Club team knows my son was invited for NYCFC training. I don't want to hide if my son goes to training. its NYCFC City training for academy 2019

Comment

Not BS.. just wandering if Club team knows my son was invited for NYCFC training. I don't want to hide if my son goes to training. its NYCFC City training for academy 2019
                      No obligation. Go and check it out. Always be looking out for the best interest of your player

Comment

No obligation. Go and check it out. Always be looking out for the best interest of your player
                        all right! thank you for your advise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X