Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can we please add the older brother who refs his brother's games and the goals at Conestoga to this discussion?
    No older brother was working any Copa games. That was rather thoroughly debunked on the 05B thread. If you want to complain about Westside, at least find something to complain about that isn't a fabrication.

If you want to complain about the Conestoga goals, go ahead--I'd be very happy if the bownet goals were banned in OYSA competition. While we are at it, I'd ban playing 9v9 games on turf fields that don't have proper 9v9 markings (this is the other issue with Conestoga--it lacks proper field markings for 9v9). I'm more flexible on grass, given that field markings there tend to wash away.

So would pretty much everyone else at Westside. But when field owners (THPRD) won't allow mobile 9v9 goals to be installed, there isn't much of a choice. Hopefully the returfing of THPRD Rec 1 and the new park near Mt. View MS will be completed soon, and there won't be any reason to play 9v9 games at Conestoga any more.
    Looking back on this comment from last fall--Mt. View park indeed does have a dedicated small-sided field and two large fields.

Comment

Rubio Rubin looked good in the friendly today vs Bolivia.

Comment

Hilarious!

Another homegrown not playing for our first team.

Comment

I remember those days - Rubio playing for Westside - truly the good old day.

Comment

Hilarious!

You mean the Portland Timbers?

He got signed by a European club, got hurt, and is now playing in Liga MX. Why would he want to play for MLS if he can play for a better league?

It's not like the Timbers told him to get lost.

(Besides--he went to IMG post Westside; at that time the Timbers Academy was still in its infancy).

Comment

Hilarious!

IMO great decision not to sign a homegrown deal.

Comment

You mean the Portland Timbers?

He got signed by a European club, got hurt, and is now playing in Liga MX. Why would he want to play for MLS if he can play for a better league?

It's not like the Timbers told him to get lost.

(Besides--he went to IMG post Westside; at that time the Timbers Academy was still in its infancy).
                Westside, then IMG, then Westside (2012/2013 season including state cup). There were offers to play in the MLS but, on his 18th birthday, he signed to play internationally. Rubio has played on/off/on on U.S. Men's National Team. Not bad for a young guy.

Comment

My god, Westside posts on here are some strange and never ending combination of:

-glory days (Westside use to be awesome),
                  -the inquisition (there is only one true church, I mean MLS/NWSL Academy), and
                  -kill whitey (suburban soccer, blah, blah, blah)

Comment

My god, Westside posts on here are some strange and never ending combination of:

-glory days (Westside use to be awesome),
                    -the inquisition (there is only one true church, I mean MLS/NWSL Academy), and
                    -kill whitey (suburban soccer, blah, blah, blah)
                    You resurrected a dormant thread to say this?

Comment

You resurrected a dormant thread to say this?
                      Yep - didn't start this 💩 thread, but my god does Westside drone on about some subjects, and when they do reminds one of this 💩 thread.

Comment

Yep - didn't start this 💩 thread, but my god does Westside drone on about some subjects, and when they do reminds one of this 💩 thread.
                        I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone affiliated with the club call for "killing whitey". Cony is white, as is John Bain, as are many coaches and families there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone affiliated with the club call for "killing whitey". Cony is white, as is John Bain, as are many coaches and families there.
                          You are correct. They say "kill blanco."

Comment

Westside tries to play the race card all the time.

Comment

Westside tries to play the race card all the time.
                              Nearly all the other clubs play the other card, 'credit'....migrating to online though.

Comment

Nearly all the other clubs play the other card, 'credit'....migrating to online though.
                                I don't know what that means, but just yesterday a Westside parent/coach were speculating that some parents don't like Westside because of its racial diversity.

There are racists in this town, but speculating that is the reason some parents don't like Westside is their diversity is called playing the race card.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X