Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Tampa Bay area news papers do such a poor job reporting highschool soccer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do the Tampa Bay area news papers do such a poor job reporting highschool soccer?

Why doe the Tampa Bay area news papers do such a poor job reporting high school soccer?

Simple. They only report what the coaches phone in after a game. Idea....volunteer to be the media person for the team and write it up as the game progresses, submit it to the coach after the game, and then the paper. Nah, too busy whining about the coverage on TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why doe the Tampa Bay area news papers do such a poor job reporting high school soccer?
      Probably because they know the level of soccer is below average since many of the best players play DA or ECNL....just a thought..

Comment

Who cares

Comment

You want press send press release to each media outlet. Send request to sports reporters letting them know the time an location of the event. You want coverage you have ask for it.

Comment

Probably because they know the level of soccer is below average since many of the best players play DA or ECNL....just a thought..
            DA Troll is out again

Comment

Simple. They only report what the coaches phone in after a game.
              That ^

I just found out that the Trib isn't even putting the scores in the paper anymore, just online.

Comment

Coverage picks up once football is over .
                Best prep coverage for West Florida is on Bay News 9 website .

Comment

A lot is done on Twitter. Some guys even tweet highlights from the game as they happen. Just search prep scores. Also, the Times has the Hometown section which has a lot of prep scores.

Comment

I know that both the girls and boys teams from Newsome have been in the paper numerous times over the past three years. However, I heard that the Tribune is not funding sideline reporters this year so there will be reduced coverage. I think they are only coming out to football and basketball now. Maybe they will come out during districts.

Comment

I know that both the girls and boys teams from Newsome have been in the paper numerous times over the past three years. However, I heard that the Tribune is not funding sideline reporters this year so there will be reduced coverage. I think they are only coming out to football and basketball now. Maybe they will come out during districts.
                      Reporters go to key district games.

Comment

who cares? Its HS soccer

Comment

Sorry you can't see Jr. Name in paper. Nobody buys papers anymore.

Comment

Someone already hit on it. FOOTBALL! Soccer news for key games will pick up in a few weeks. You can send an email to the sports editors of either paper and they will respond to you as this is part of their job. No big deal and you will get the news from the horse's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                            X