X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who knew?

Yes, if out-of-staters are getting our spots, that's not right. They should stay where they are and go to UVA, Penn State, etc.
    No one is turning down acceptances at those schools to go to UCONN. UCONN is good if you're comparing it to the regional options (UMA, URI, UNH, VT) but compared to many top state schools it isn't as strong. If you're paying out of state prices at any of those schools and UCONN you're now in a similar price range to many privates.

Comment

No one is turning down acceptances at those schools to go to UCONN. UCONN is good if you're comparing it to the regional options (UMA, URI, UNH, VT) but compared to many top state schools it isn't as strong. If you're paying out of state prices at any of those schools and UCONN you're now in a similar price range to many privates.
      And most private schools will offer you decent scholarship and grant money.

Comment

And most private schools will offer you decent scholarship and grant money.
        Yes, often to get you much lower net price than a state school. Many state schools give very little money. I'm not paying $53K for UVM.

Comment

Yes, often to get you much lower net price than a state school. Many state schools give very little money. I'm not paying $53K for UVM.
          That is my experience.

Comment

this class is not going to replace the type of players they lost in 2016. the last 2 classes are indicative of the direction the soccer it going.

Comment

That adds insult to injury for many CT kids that did not get in.
              uva pledged to keep Virginia student population at 2/3 because they are not a greedy liberal leech state like CT
              UConn wants the state funding and the higher out of state tuition. Then they pay big money to uconn football coaches, et al. That's like ******* in the wind.

Comment

uva pledged to keep Virginia student population at 2/3 because they are not a greedy liberal leech state like CT
                UConn wants the state funding and the higher out of state tuition. Then they pay big money to uconn football coaches, et al. That's like ******* in the wind.
                Yes that and the incredible amount of Administrators that they have with pretty hefty incomes. Department Heads making $ 300,000 a year , one with a dead person working for her on the payroll.

Plenty of them were out there with Susan demonstrating for illegals to stay. That stadium in East Hartford has what, 7 football games a year ? It costs $ 8 million a year just to keep the lights on.

Comment

Not to mention they owe how many hundreds of thousands if not millions in back taxes already and the cancellation of all development at the site.

http://fox61.com/2017/11/10/no-go-on...tschler-field/

http://www.wfsb.com/story/37703859/r...celed-for-good

Comment

NC has a similar rule, I believe 80% has to be NC residents. Yes some universities are spending likeep drunken sailors. But they're also having their state and federal dollars slashed. It isn't sustainable. Face it, UCONN is cheap ER than many other options but it's anything but cheap. I'm hearing about more kidd having to live at home and go local then hopefully transfer to Storrs the last two years because they can't swing all 4 years there

Comment

NC has a similar rule, I believe 80% has to be NC residents. Yes some universities are spending likeep drunken sailors. But they're also having their state and federal dollars slashed. It isn't sustainable. Face it, UCONN is cheap ER than many other options but it's anything but cheap. I'm hearing about more kidd having to live at home and go local then hopefully transfer to Storrs the last two years because they can't swing all 4 years there
                      And UNC and UVA both far better schools than UCONN.

Comment

Not UNC. And, UVA is, but quite a ways behind Va Tech.

Comment

They're sufficiently close enough and I'd rather go to school in Chapel Hill than Storrs

Comment

They're sufficiently close enough and I'd rather go to school in Chapel Hill than Storrs
                            Umm are you playing? Azzhat. Total azzhat. You are the king of azzhats.

Comment

Not UNC what? Are you suggesting UVA is also not better than UCONN .... here is an independent rag's report on top public universities: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...ies/top-public

It's not even close how people view UCONN vs UVA or UNC-CH. Even people in the northeast would choose the two southern schools over UCONN.

Comment

Not UNC what? Are you suggesting UVA is also not better than UCONN .... here is an independent rag's report on top public universities: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...ies/top-public

It's not even close how people view UCONN vs UVA or UNC-CH. Even people in the northeast would choose the two southern schools over UCONN.
                                I've heard they have great FakeClasses at UNC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X