Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Clubs leaving GDA at end of the year. Heard it again today. Too much travel. Uneven competition. Not enough exposure for recruits. Kids wanting to play HS. Names I’m hearing are the big dogs. If they leave, and that’s an if, GDA is done.
    Heard it where? Are you in the know???

Comment

Clubs leaving GDA at end of the year. Heard it again today. Too much travel. Uneven competition. Not enough exposure for recruits. Kids wanting to play HS. Names I’m hearing are the big dogs. If they leave, and that’s an if, GDA is done.
      Provide names of clubs leaving please.....

Comment

Links? Clubs? Your bluff was called 3 times now and you are found out. Sit your arse down and be quiet

Comment

How many of your Oakwood GDA girls are committed for class of 2019 and class of 2020? Would you like to compare that to CFC? Didn't think so. Move along now. Even if coaches are going to be at the NC showcase, they aren't coming to see Oakwood.

Comment

PDA and Stars will be out of the DA on the girls side. You heard it here 1st

Comment

US Soccer really trying to stick it to ECNL with this scheduled event on the same weekend. It hurts girls trying to get recruited, families spending the money to travel and college recruiting budgets more than ECNL. US Soccer could have picked a different weekend and chose not to.
              Pisses off college coaches too. They know the talent is split and still want to shop both leagues (budgets allowing). The move was blatantly obvious and didn't fool them.

If USSF has nothing to worry about then their own event on a separate weekend will stand on its own merits.

Comment

Proponents on both sides going heavy with spin and gossip on who's in and out. With tryouts coming up very soon (and largely happening on the QT any way) announcements should be soon.

Comment

I dont think it matters if they are in or out. I really dont.

Comment

Phew, we’re all glad that you really don’t think that!

Comment

It might not in the grand scheme of GDA because as in other areas GDA is quickly emerging as the leader, especially out west. But if the NE area has more clubs leave it will make the leagues more regional than they already are. Biggest issue outside of CA is that there's like 4 really good clubs on top then a huge dropoff from there. ECNL of course had that to a degree as well but it's clear there isn't enough talent to go around supporting both leagues

Comment

PDA will never leave DA, Stars yes.

Stars can’t afford to be in same league as NEFC. NEFC is top MA dog. JD looking for easy way out.

Comment

Here are the rough numbers

GDAP (NC) D1 100 D2 6 D3 6 JC 0 NAIA 2
                          ECNL (AZ) D1 67 D2 21 D3 22 JC 4 NAIA 3

Clearly D1 schools are choosing GDAP.

At least 24 D1 schools are sending coaches to both but guess where the majority of head coaches are headed?

Comment

Here are the rough numbers

GDAP (NC) D1 100 D2 6 D3 6 JC 0 NAIA 2
                            ECNL (AZ) D1 67 D2 21 D3 22 JC 4 NAIA 3

Clearly D1 schools are choosing GDAP.

At least 24 D1 schools are sending coaches to both but guess where the majority of head coaches are headed?
                            ...to where the soccer Moms are wearing Yoga pants.

Comment

It might not in the grand scheme of GDA because as in other areas GDA is quickly emerging as the leader, especially out west. But if the NE area has more clubs leave it will make the leagues more regional than they already are. Biggest issue outside of CA is that there's like 4 really good clubs on top then a huge dropoff from there. ECNL of course had that to a degree as well but it's clear there isn't enough talent to go around supporting both leagues
                              The west is where the best are recruiting from
                              Look at top 10 college rosters and you will find the west is overrepresented

Comment

The west is where the best are recruiting from
                                Look at top 10 college rosters and you will find the west is overrepresented
                                I dont agree with this at all. first off, tell us your top 10. I think you will find that the geography is correlated to schools. If you have UCLA, USC and Stanford in your top 10, then no surprise. How many East Coast schools are in your top 10 ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X