Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP here - i don't believe kid at risk of being demoted, although this is our first year in a big club. Really just wondering is it normal for people to try out at multiple teams, etc or do you normally just stick with your club until you're really looking to leave.
    Not sure there is a Normal Sure most kids stay year to year, but plenty come and go too. For all sorts of reasons. And yes, at the big clubs new hot shot kids do start showing up at tryouts particularly around U12.

Don’t be afraid to talk to the coach directly though. Ask where kid stands and if he/she should have a backup plan. A good coach should be talking with you. You are paying big bucks, they should give you honest feedback.

Good luck, been there

Comment

Not sure there is a Normal Sure most kids stay year to year, but plenty come and go too. For all sorts of reasons. And yes, at the big clubs new hot shot kids do start showing up at tryouts particularly around U12.

Don’t be afraid to talk to the coach directly though. Ask where kid stands and if he/she should have a backup plan. A good coach should be talking with you. You are paying big bucks, they should give you honest feedback.

Good luck, been there
      They should give you feedback but rarely do. Even when you seek it out don't believe everything they tell you. Maby are like used car salesmen. Plan B is a good idea.

Comment

OP here - i don't believe kid at risk of being demoted, although this is our first year in a big club. Really just wondering is it normal for people to try out at multiple teams, etc or do you normally just stick with your club until you're really looking to leave.

Good luck, been there

Comment

The grass isn't always greener, but you'll never know unless you go have a look.
          The grass is always greener at Fsa than Oakwood. Which is odd because Oakwood is so full of sheet, you figure it would fertilize thier fields that were built on a former superfund site.

Comment

My daughter is u16, so this is our 5th full year of high level travel soccer, and the one piece of sincere advice I can bestow is, never, ever, tell another parent what you are doing, and make sure your child doesn't either...

Comment

The grass is always greener at Fsa than Oakwood. Which is odd because Oakwood is so full of sheet, you figure it would fertilize thier fields that were built on a former superfund site.
              OW doesn't build your kid up. Horrible club. Fields built in waste

Comment

My daughter is u16, so this is our 5th full year of high level travel soccer, and the one piece of sincere advice I can bestow is, never, ever, tell another parent what you are doing, and make sure your child doesn't either...

Oh yea - learned that lesson in the jump from U10 to U11. I keep my mouth shut when it comes to trying out for teams or anything like that. People will run and blab to coaches in a heartbeat.

Comment

Very solid advice.

2001 parent so I've been in this awhile

Comment

Very solid advice.

2001 parent so I've been in this awhile
                    Why? Do you honestly think one kid will cut the others throat? Parents.....hmmm maybe BUT you're overreacting. The club my daughter plays for and is an 01 also and gets so much advice and help from coaches and parents. Stop being paranoid and help each other during the process if questions are asked.

Comment

Why? Do you honestly think one kid will cut the others throat? Parents.....hmmm maybe BUT you're overreacting. The club my daughter plays for and is an 01 also and gets so much advice and help from coaches and parents. Stop being paranoid and help each other during the process if questions are asked.
                      Anyone whose doesn't understand is a troll. Troll.

Comment

Anyone whose doesn't understand is a troll. Troll.
                        Would hate to have my kid play along side yours and that backstabbing team/club.
                        #whispersbehindbacks

Comment

Would hate to have my kid play along side yours and that backstabbing team/club.
                          #whispersbehindbacks
                          Posters all speak the truth. Never tell anyone what you're doing. Not only is parental politics involved but some coaches will treat players badly if they get wind that you're looking elsewhere. You wish everyone could be supportive, helpful etc but everyone has agendas. The other issue is when word gets out that so and so is looking/leaving, or more than one player is thinking about leaving then it can snowball very quickly as families panic. They worry the team will fall apart, or drop severely in quality, or wonder if they're missing out on something better. With three kids through the system I've seen it happen several times at different clubs.

Comment

Posters all speak the truth. Never tell anyone what you're doing. Not only is parental politics involved but some coaches will treat players badly if they get wind that you're looking elsewhere. You wish everyone could be supportive, helpful etc but everyone has agendas. The other issue is when word gets out that so and so is looking/leaving, or more than one player is thinking about leaving then it can snowball very quickly as families panic. They worry the team will fall apart, or drop severely in quality, or wonder if they're missing out on something better. With three kids through the system I've seen it happen several times at different clubs.
                            Exactly. Keep your mouth shut. It doesn't take much of a defection to kill most pop up premier clubs. I have had club owners tell me to my face "dont worry, we will have a team next year" only to have the club out of business by 4th of July. If you sense your club is in trouble, try out at more stable options. Have options. Keep your plans to yourself.

Comment

My misunderstanding. I was seeing U16 and by that age every kid should be thinking about college ID's, showcases and help with connecting to schools. You were talking about leaving the club to another club. That's a bold move at that age group unless your kid is a top 3.
                              Kids should've moved no later than U15 to be involved for the sophomore year.

Parents need to be realistic about their kids ability and changing teams at that age is not going to help. If it's an abuse situation then I understand but if it's playing time, politics or not liking the coach. Have them speak up to the coach instead of jumping ship. If they jump, they'll lose the next year also for sure.

Step it up and work your arse off and hope an ID will notice.thats your best chance in the process.

Comment

My misunderstanding. I was seeing U16 and by that age every kid should be thinking about college ID's, showcases and help with connecting to schools. You were talking about leaving the club to another club. That's a bold move at that age group unless your kid is a top 3.
                                Kids should've moved no later than U15 to be involved for the sophomore year.

Parents need to be realistic about their kids ability and changing teams at that age is not going to help. If it's an abuse situation then I understand but if it's playing time, politics or not liking the coach. Have them speak up to the coach instead of jumping ship. If they jump, they'll lose the next year also for sure.

Step it up and work your arse off and hope an ID will notice.thats your best chance in the process.
                                Shut your pie hole, you blowhard. So many know it all’s on here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X