Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the OP but if the noise about other big clubs like Hawks is true, it’s hugely problematic. It might be a niche for a small handful of kids trying to chase the NT but that’s about it.

The travel time alone to play quality competition will be almost unbearable unless it’s heavily subsidized.

Additionally for the normal “good” players, exposure will be an issue. PDA, Stars and others are a major pipeline of talent for D1 programs. Coaching staff aren’t going to be attending events to watch Cedar Stars play Empire. That’s basically a third tier NPL game.

Oakwood had no choice but to pursue the GDA. Their girls side was on life support and this provided a potential way out. Personall, I think it will survive but won’t be a great option for most.

Reading some of these comments about kids being left home from showcases makes me glad that my kid never touched Oakwood. What a mess.
    CFC Spin machine on full tilt

Comment

Not the OP but if the noise about other big clubs like Hawks is true, it’s hugely problematic. It might be a niche for a small handful of kids trying to chase the NT but that’s about it.

The travel time alone to play quality competition will be almost unbearable unless it’s heavily subsidized.

Additionally for the normal “good” players, exposure will be an issue. PDA, Stars and others are a major pipeline of talent for D1 programs. Coaching staff aren’t going to be attending events to watch Cedar Stars play Empire. That’s basically a third tier NPL game.

Oakwood had no choice but to pursue the GDA. Their girls side was on life support and this provided a potential way out. Personall, I think it will survive but won’t be a great option for most.

Reading some of these comments about kids being left home from showcases makes me glad that my kid never touched Oakwood. What a mess.

isnt that what GDA was for - identify and develop the small group with Nat team Potential???

Comment

isnt that what GDA was for - identify and develop the small group with Nat team Potential???
        Yes but the need a full national league to do it apparently

Comment

Yes but the need a full national league to do it apparently
          doesnt the pool of potential candidates (Nat team Players) get smaller the closer you get to the goal?

Comment

Do you really think Oakwood is the only club leaving kids home for showcases?

Comment

FC Fury 14 - 5
              Boston Breakers 13 - 7
              New York Cit FC 13 - 7
              Oak Wood 9 - 11
              FC Stars 6 - 12
              Sky Blue 5 - 13
              LISC 2- 14
              Empire U 2 - 12

Comment

So the whole country exhausts themselves to ID 30 kids? Crazy, stupid and costly. It's going to kill clubs that are underfunded and with limited coaching resources. Like oakwood

Comment

So the whole country exhausts themselves to ID 30 kids? Crazy, stupid and costly. It's going to kill clubs that are underfunded and with limited coaching resources. Like oakwood
                  They want to replace the ecnl.

Comment

isnt that the exact definition of National team- the top players?
                    and yes if your goal is to produce the best possible team from the pool of "the United States"
                    the whole country is required to "exhaust" themselves to identify this talent
                    or you could just do it as we do now-the big clubs get to decide who gets on the the Ulittle nat teams

Comment

They want to replace the ecnl.
                      Both statements are correct. They are using the excuse of #1 to do #2.

Comment

FC Fury 14 - 5
                        Boston Breakers 13 - 7
                        New York Cit FC 13 - 7
                        Oak Wood 9 - 11
                        FC Stars 6 - 12
                        Sky Blue 5 - 13
                        LISC 2- 14
                        Empire U 2 - 12
                        Those are some ugly, very disparate results. No wonder LISC is out (willingly?). Can't imagine Empire families think this venture is worth it either.

Comment

Those are some ugly, very disparate results. No wonder LISC is out (willingly?). Can't imagine Empire families think this venture is worth it either.
                          Sporting is awesome. Come get some

Comment

Sporting is awesome. Come get some
                            hey bone head. sporting doesn't belong in said thread. boy we have some stupid people on TS

Comment

Why are so many clubs leaving the DA for the ECNL and not the other way around? I don’t see any clubs leaving the ECNL for the DA!

Comment

Why are so many clubs leaving the DA for the ECNL and not the other way around? I don’t see any clubs leaving the ECNL for the DA!
                                I believe 4 clubs have made official announcements they are leaving. They are leaving because they are no longer in control in the DA, US Soccer is. The DA has a negative effect on their club’s business model because they have unhappy customers. JD of FC Stars gave an interview with soccer America last week and gave his reasons for taking stars out. Interesting though that the interviewer didn’t ask JD about the fact his son plays in the da for the revs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X