Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    This all looks VERY well orchestrated. And it seems inevitable there will be more announcements of DA clubs returning to ECNL.

...It is kind of odd that Eclipse hasn't announced it is "All-in" yet. Maybe they just have better legal advice than the others who have already jumped.

...or it could be that ECNL realizes they are winning the news-cycles here on our little TS channel and others, and bleeding out defections over a few weeks is more effective in controlling the narrative.

which is it?
    What could possibly be the legal issue with a club leaving a league after the season?

DA will survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      when you represent a larger constituency, you have to be very careful of how you do things. to those saying the GDA should have been smaller, I disagree. i think it had to be bigger BEFORE it got smaller. the USSF needed to show WHY smaller was better IF that is what they wanted to do. its better or them if clubs pull out or show that tey cannot cope. In my view Year 1 is a succes for them if it leads to some stremlining and a better Year 2.

If not, its a disaster.

To those who say only callup kids form GDA Clubs. They have to appear to be inclusive even if that is what they would like to do

Bigger organizations move a lot slower than smaller ones. people need to factor that in when talking about punch and counter punch.

People posting here are in the immediacy of the GDA. they are also mostly parents who have experienced the ECNL for some time prior. the ECNL you left, will not be the same as the ECNL you rejoin.

My family is done with Club soccer/ last kid graduating and on to College soccer. I dont care who "wins" but I care about the health of the game. this could be good for it at all levels if handled intelligently. My fear is the bridge burning that is going on is not good for the game.

N one wins int he war you are trying to hype
      I understand where you're coming from but disagree. They ignored advice to start smaller (=hubris) and have to do damage control now (prove it's a sustainable league). I agree it's not fatal, but if they'd been more patient and looked at the long-term goals (rather than go for immediate gratification) they'd have more credibility. I agree it isn't fatal but a very rocky start.

Comment

I understand where you're coming from but disagree. They ignored advice to start smaller (=hubris) and have to do damage control now (prove it's a sustainable league). I agree it's not fatal, but if they'd been more patient and looked at the long-term goals (rather than go for immediate gratification) they'd have more credibility. I agree it isn't fatal but a very rocky start.
        Advice from who ?

Comment

Advice from who ?
          From anyone and everyone who had a minimal amount of understanding about the girls youth landscape and what is important to the participants, especially at the high level. They really missed the mark by overreaching.

Sometimes less is more. It also makes it more desirable for those that really want it. Some of the kids in that program have no business being there whatsoever.

Comment

From anyone and everyone who had a minimal amount of understanding about the girls youth landscape and what is important to the participants, especially at the high level. They really missed the mark by overreaching.

Sometimes less is more. It also makes it more desirable for those that really want it. Some of the kids in that program have no business being there whatsoever.
            Does your kid play DA or do you ha e no clue what you are talking about?

Comment

It comes up in more than girls youth soccer: top/down untested initiatives across a complex ecosystem . . . folks should be humble and test before rolling things across the country. Unfortunately, over the last few years US Soccer bureaucrats seems to take the opposite route.

Comment

Yup, BBA is curled up in the corner, in the fetal position holding their ball bag, because they just got kicked in them.
                They applied for ECNL year after year, and then when they were admitted, gave it away the next year in favor of a DA franchise. For a club supposedly run by “smart” businessmen, they sure have made some bad decisions.

Comment

No one team in any state should have a monopoly over a league .If they wanted back in they should apply and be let back in.Regardless if given up or not,why was Fc Stars allowed to have both.

Comment

No one team in any state should have a monopoly over a league .If they wanted back in they should apply and be let back in.Regardless if given up or not,why was Fc Stars allowed to have both.

Politics of course. Neither ECNL or USSF are free of politics. But if they applied ECNL would be smart to let them back in as the optics would be great.

Comment

Does your kid play DA or do you ha e no clue what you are talking about?
                      Do you think before you post?
                      Or do you simply follow BM’s talking points?

Comment

Sounds great in theory, but cmon.

Comment

It comes up in more than girls youth soccer: top/down untested initiatives across a complex ecosystem . . . folks should be humble and test before rolling things across the country. Unfortunately, over the last few years US Soccer bureaucrats seems to take the opposite route.

Its been less than a year. Give them time. Implementation is never easy. ECNL hasw had years. People are focused on the wrong thing. Experience and tenor of a league has no bearing really. You train at a a Club and College coaches recruit talent.

its quite possible for the ECNL to be a "better" league , but your best option be a GDA Club or vice versa.

last time I checked FC Stars and PDA have fewer current YNT players than NYCFC/WCFC does. If training at the mega Clubs, playing with other great players, winning loads of games etc was the blueprint for the elite player, then how could this possibly be the case?

Comment

They applied for ECNL year after year, and then when they were admitted, gave it away the next year in favor of a DA franchise. For a club supposedly run by “smart” businessmen, they sure have made some bad decisions.
                            Very smart. They leveled the field with stars and they proved they are better than them in both leagues. Now they sitting as the only DA in Mass. Only dumb people wouldn't recognize that DA is the future and they are posed to be the best in this area. Come and ask me in 2-3 years.

Comment

Politics of course. Neither ECNL or USSF are free of politics. But if they applied ECNL would be smart to let them back in as the optics would be great.
                              BBA is happy with DA and will not apply for ECNL as much ECNL execs want that to happen. Irony: They tried for years and JD's influence and monopoly denied it when the league preached that they accept the best of the best. Finally as Breakers affiliate they got accepted and in one year they came, banalized the league, slapped both MA ECNL clubs and then move on to DA.

Comment

Very smart. They leveled the field with stars and they proved they are better than them in both leagues. Now they sitting as the only DA in Mass. Only dumb people wouldn't recognize that DA is the future and they are posed to be the best in this area. Come and ask me in 2-3 years.
                                The DA is not the future of a competitive league that is practical. It may be the future of a more rigorous training environment, but they will not have enough clubs (that have the quality that is desired) to sustain itself as a league that plays weekly games across states.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X