• Show
Clear All

Summer sting or Cranberry cup?

ANy thoughts on these preseason events?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    why bother?

Comment

Timing and conflict with ODP tryouts make these B level tournaments at best, several clubs go just to poach got soccer points and build their resumes.

Comment

Cranberry Cup. Dog event. Fields stink and the officials were absolutely the worst homers I have seen in a long long time. It was so bad we had one of our refs eating lunch with the Crusaders team we were about to play minutes before the match. To make matters worse he was calling the girls by their first name and joking with them during the game. Lets just say he made a point of ensuring the Crusaders were in the finals. Stay away. Not worth the time or money.

Comment

Are these soccer tournaments or cocktails?

Comment

Cranberry Cup. Dog event. Fields stink and the officials were absolutely the worst homers I have seen in a long long time. It was so bad we had one of our refs eating lunch with the Crusaders team we were about to play minutes before the match. To make matters worse he was calling the girls by their first name and joking with them during the game. Lets just say he made a point of ensuring the Crusaders were in the finals. Stay away. Not worth the time or money.
            Agreed. I dont know about the Summer Sting but Cranberry Cup is definite waste of time. Officiating was awful. Same with Cape Cod Challenge over Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

That area has long been a history of homer officials.

Comment

No need to worry about the homer calls in the Cranberry Cup this year, it looks like the Crusaders are the only club playing in this tournament.

Comment

I think that Aztecs and SSS will be going to Spirit Cup in PA in few weeks. Any other teams traveling before season starts? What other good tourneys are happening in Aug?

Comment

What if you threw a party and nobody came............?

Comment

Agreed. I dont know about the Summer Sting but Cranberry Cup is definite waste of time. Officiating was awful. Same with Cape Cod Challenge over Memorial Day weekend.
                      Agree with you on the Cranberry cup. I kinda liked the Cape Cod challenge though.

Comment

Delta cup?

Comment

Merge the 2 tournaments....

....they're practically right across the street from each other....it's common sense...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X