Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Completely agree guys stay away from failing clubs like MFA and FC Bucks their coaches are not as qualified as ours and I think players are parents are finally starting to realize that! They just sell you on the ECNL patch, but do not get you better as a player. Invest wisely in a great and growing club like PSA!
    Good advice. The only thing that makes both of these clubs ECNL clubs is the patch. Just look at the pathetic college commitments on their website. If ECNL is supposed to get your kids to D1 schools - these clubs are failing miserably. College commitments are primarily to D2,D3 schools.

People are dreaming if they think the patch alone will get your kid into a D1 school. So yes while ECNL offers the college exposure without the proper training, feedback and development you will not be playing D1 no matter the league you play in. Might as well come to a club like PSA that will develop your kid. They have just as much a chance as playing D1 as the kids at Match Fit and Bucks. And the truth is with all three clubs most kids will end up at D2,D3 schools. Proceed with caution in pursuit of the patch.

Comment

Agreed the patch is a joke whether it’s PDA, MFA etc. PSA is exceptional in player growth and development.

Comment

Good advice. The only thing that makes both of these clubs ECNL clubs is the patch. Just look at the pathetic college commitments on their website. If ECNL is supposed to get your kids to D1 schools - these clubs are failing miserably. College commitments are primarily to D2,D3 schools.

People are dreaming if they think the patch alone will get your kid into a D1 school. So yes while ECNL offers the college exposure without the proper training, feedback and development you will not be playing D1 no matter the league you play in. Might as well come to a club like PSA that will develop your kid. They have just as much a chance as playing D1 as the kids at Match Fit and Bucks. And the truth is with all three clubs most kids will end up at D2,D3 schools. Proceed with caution in pursuit of the patch.
        No patch will get a kid to college. The kid does the work. The patch allows for exposure.

Comment

Agreed, that’s why it does not matter the club it’s the training and the kid that will make the ultimate difference! Find the best possible training that’s my advice....good luck!

Comment

Perfect example PDA gets destroyed by LAFC so the patch means nothing.

Comment

Perfect example PDA gets destroyed by LAFC so the patch means nothing.
              LAFC wears the same patch you ****ing idiot! Keep telling yourself that your kid is better off at PSA, a nothing club. Dumb ASS!

Comment

Typical PDA parent thinking you’re better than everyone go back to your forum

Comment

Better than being an idiot that is fooled by a dumpster fire of a club like PSA

Comment

For a club that has nothing to offer you sure seem to have opinions on every other club in NJ, PA and NY that gets mentioned on this site. CSA, STA, MF, PDA, SJEB, WC, LISC, SUSA, EM, NYSC, BUCKS, DELCO, PF are all better options.

Comment

Some of the best and brightest coaches in the tri state are now flocking to PSA...you make me laugh with your post. They are much better options than 95% of the clubs you listed...

Comment

Some of the best and brightest coaches in the tri state are now flocking to PSA...you make me laugh with your post. They are much better options than 95% of the clubs you listed...
                        From the Pennsylvania side and as my kid is on one of the two ****show PA ECNL clubs - there is no way PSA is any worse and no doubt is much better than the two PA ECNL clubs. A patch DOES NOT make a club good. And before anyone wants to argue college exposure - I agree ECNL and DA offer better exposure - but if your kid isn’t good enough for D1 all the exposure in the world doesn’t matter . And with the lack of training and development being offered at the PA ECNL clubs not many of their kids are ending up D1 - just look at the college commitments for those clubs - pitiful.

Comment

Yes PSA plays in the NL which is one of the best in the country likely better than ECNL, bring the girls over

Comment

From the Pennsylvania side and as my kid is on one of the two ****show PA ECNL clubs - there is no way PSA is any worse and no doubt is much better than the two PA ECNL clubs. A patch DOES NOT make a club good. And before anyone wants to argue college exposure - I agree ECNL and DA offer better exposure - but if your kid isn’t good enough for D1 all the exposure in the world doesn’t matter . And with the lack of training and development being offered at the PA ECNL clubs not many of their kids are ending up D1 - just look at the college commitments for those clubs - pitiful.
                            The exposure argument cracks me up. If you are on an FC Bucks ECNL team, yeah there are college coaches at the showcases you go to, so I guess technically you can argue there is "exposure" - but do you really think top college coaches are coming to the bottom of the barrel FC Bucks caliber games at these showcases. Doubtful. Right now, the worst kid on PDA is better than the best kid on FC Bucks - across the board at all age levels. Top D1 College coaches know this and plan their time at these showcases accordingly. Maybe some D2 or D3 coaches make their way to an FC Bucks game - but guess what - these same D2 or D3 coaches are also showing up at PSA tournament games as well.

Reality is, if you are good enough, you go and play at a top club like PDA and get D1 exposure. If your not good enough and playing for a bottom of the barrel ECNL club like FC Bucks, you are just subsidizing the exposure that top clubs like PDA get.

Comment

The exposure argument cracks me up. If you are on an FC Bucks ECNL team, yeah there are college coaches at the showcases you go to, so I guess technically you can argue there is "exposure" - but do you really think top college coaches are coming to the bottom of the barrel FC Bucks caliber games at these showcases. Doubtful. Right now, the worst kid on PDA is better than the best kid on FC Bucks - across the board at all age levels. Top D1 College coaches know this and plan their time at these showcases accordingly. Maybe some D2 or D3 coaches make their way to an FC Bucks game - but guess what - these same D2 or D3 coaches are also showing up at PSA tournament games as well.

Reality is, if you are good enough, you go and play at a top club like PDA and get D1 exposure. If your not good enough and playing for a bottom of the barrel ECNL club like FC Bucks, you are just subsidizing the exposure that top clubs like PDA get.

This post is so incredibly accurate!

It’s a shame more people can’t figure it out before they waste all time and money on low level ECNL clubs. If your kid is that good go to PDA otherwise there is no difference between a top edp, NL team and the FC Bucks, Delco’s of the ECNL - except possibly bragging rights to say your kid is on “ECNL” team.

Fact is the college placements of PSA, Bucks and Delco are all very similar, and I would argue the training and coaching is in fact better at many non ECNL clubs - especially at the younger ages. The stupid limited sub rule the ECNL uses does not do the kids any favors in terms of development- especially at the younger ages. Absolutely ridiculous to not be able to sub kids freely at the U13-U15 age groups. It handicaps the coaches and forces many kids to only play one position. It doesn’t allow for a coach to pull a kid out give them instruction and then put them immediately back in the game to try what’s been suggested. It really leads to lazy coaches - I’ve seen some just set timers when they are going to sub. It’s beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Haha, if you think ECNL sub rules are bad try DA! NL is where it’s at....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X