Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    funny but the $$$$ behind soccer compared to football, baseball and basketball in the USA does not support your statement amigo.

secondly, soccer, football, baseball, basketball are not real sports...they are games.
    I don't believe you understood what my statement meant. And I definitely don't understand your reply.

Your posts are like a long joke with no punchline. Could you explain your point?

That in the U.S. the viewing/ratings/attendance is higher for the NFL than soccer? I don't think anyone is disputing that.

The participation rates (people playing the actual sport) is much higher for soccer than American Football.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

I don't believe you understood what my statement meant. And I definitely don't understand your reply.

Your posts are like a long joke with no punchline. Could you explain your point?

That in the U.S. the viewing/ratings/attendance is higher for the NFL than soccer? I don't think anyone is disputing that.

The participation rates (people playing the actual sport) is much higher for soccer than American Football.
      The original point of the argument is that why is it that American Soccer is not a world power since we have the largest talent pool to farm athletes from in the world?...my main argument to this is that the USA is NOT a soccer first country!!!!! it never was, its not and never will be....capeesh???!!!!

Comment

The original point of the argument is that why is it that American Soccer is not a world power since we have the largest talent pool to farm athletes from in the world?...my main argument to this is that the USA is NOT a soccer first country!!!!! it never was, its not and never will be....capeesh???!!!!
        Yeah, not sure I agree with your circular logic on this. And I certainly think it appears you are only looking at Men's Soccer and leaving out the Women when discussing world powers in the sport.

But to your premise/conclusion mishmash, if the U.S. was a soccer world power then the U.S. would be a soccer first country? Wow. You sound like a coach blaming the kids you train 3 hours a week for being poor players.

In short American Soccer is not a world power on the men's side because we do not do a adequate job in developing players. That's about it.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

Yeah, not sure I agree with your circular logic on this. And I certainly think it appears you are only looking at Men's Soccer and leaving out the Women when discussing world powers in the sport.

But to your premise/conclusion mishmash, if the U.S. was a soccer world power then the U.S. would be a soccer first country? Wow. You sound like a coach blaming the kids you train 3 hours a week for being poor players.

In short American Soccer is not a world power on the men's side because we do not do a adequate job in developing players. That's about it.
          To respond our best youth players are not being trained domestically, they are going overseas and in south america for training. (look at the bios of our mens team) they spend a lot of time in other parts of the world getting better.

so the comment we made earlier about not having the right talent to develop has no weight?
          The truth is the US is ranked #21 in the world....Countries that are 1-20 all have deep deep soccer roots and in these countries soccer is the most popular sport!!!!

Hell you can go to any D1 football (american football) game and the stadiums will be packed, packed!!!!! Try watching a D1 soccer game (any game) you will be lucky to get 100 in the stands!!!!

Soccer is not popular here in the USA. Soccer scholarships are a joke compared to football, baseball and basketball scholarships. The elite/world class athletes (the 1/10000 kid) will gravitate to sports that pay!!!!!!! Hell the average salary of an average level mls player is about $100k/yr which is fkg joke as it is....so why bother if the $$$ is not there?

Comment

To respond our best youth players are not being trained domestically, they are going overseas and in south america for training. (look at the bios of our mens team) they spend a lot of time in other parts of the world getting better.

so the comment we made earlier about not having the right talent to develop has no weight?
            The truth is the US is ranked #21 in the world....Countries that are 1-20 all have deep deep soccer roots and in these countries soccer is the most popular sport!!!!

Hell you can go to any D1 football (american football) game and the stadiums will be packed, packed!!!!! Try watching a D1 soccer game (any game) you will be lucky to get 100 in the stands!!!!

Soccer is not popular here in the USA. Soccer scholarships are a joke compared to football, baseball and basketball scholarships. The elite/world class athletes (the 1/10000 kid) will gravitate to sports that pay!!!!!!! Hell the average salary of an average level mls player is about $100k/yr which is fkg joke as it is....so why bother if the $$$ is not there?

Who is "we"? In your post you wrote "So the comment WE made earlier...?" Do you have a team of nerds at the NFL office pulling up attendance figures for you.

You are conflating 3 different issues here:

1. "Talent"
            2. Attendance
            3. Salary

Not sure what your agenda is on this forum, as it is for youth soccer, but the points you make have zero bearing on whether the U.S. cultivates technical players with proper training.

I think unfortunately your world view permeates those who do coach soccer in the U.S.. You equate it to needing the biggest and fastest kids.

You also sound like a person that used to be a Jets and Yankees fan until 1986.

The interesting point of discussion isn't to blame other sports for our inadequacy in teaching a sport correctly.

We seem to do well in "unpopular" low attended collegiate sports like competitive swimming, volleyball, and water polo. Not sure people other than a few are making any money in those endeavors.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

Who is "we"? In your post you wrote "So the comment WE made earlier...?" Do you have a team of nerds at the NFL office pulling up attendance figures for you.

You are conflating 3 different issues here:

1. "Talent"
              2. Attendance
              3. Salary

Not sure what your agenda is on this forum, as it is for youth soccer, but the points you make have zero bearing on whether the U.S. cultivates technical players with proper training.

I think unfortunately your world view permeates those who do coach soccer in the U.S.. You equate it to needing the biggest and fastest kids.

You also sound like a person that used to be a Jets and Yankees fan until 1986.

The interesting point of discussion isn't to blame other sports for our inadequacy in teaching a sport correctly.

We seem to do well in "unpopular" low attended collegiate sports like competitive swimming, volleyball, and water polo. Not sure people other than a few are making any money in those endeavors.
              So what is the disconnect with US Performance? You say our athletes are not being trained properly? where in actuality our top players are going overseas for training.

In the top 20 countries what training are these kids getting? as it well known that in other countries the kids are playing pick up games playing in the street, park, field ect on their own....free play!!!!!!!! Most of their formative years are spent figuring sh_t out for themselves....Football, baseball, basketball for youth in other countries is not even an option.....But we have many, many options for our kids here in the USA!!!!

Comment

So what is the disconnect with US Performance? You say our athletes are not being trained properly? where in actuality our top players are going overseas for training.

In the top 20 countries what training are these kids getting? as it well known that in other countries the kids are playing pick up games playing in the street, park, field ect on their own....free play!!!!!!!! Most of their formative years are spent figuring sh_t out for themselves....Football, baseball, basketball for youth in other countries is not even an option.....But we have many, many options for our kids here in the USA!!!!
                Which Top Players are going overseas for training?

Comment

2005 Trapped players

Which Top Players are going overseas for training?
                  Christian Pulisic is one, Bobby wood is another, there are many. My clients kid has been living and Training in Peru the last 2 years and now moving to England to play and Train there....hoping to get picked up.

There are many many many examples out there. (sorry if its not your kid).

Comment

Christian Pulisic is one, Bobby wood is another, there are many. My clients kid has been living and Training in Peru the last 2 years and now moving to England to play and Train there....hoping to get picked up.

There are many many many examples out there. (sorry if its not your kid).
                    So in your view Bobby Wood and Christian Pulisic are Top Players.

You said they train and became top players because they trained overseas. (I disagree a bit on that).

Your conclusion is that training is better overseas.

Isn't that what I said in 5 posts? Aren't you simply agreeing with me?

As far as your Client's kid, Peru is not a hotbed of soccer development. Should have gone somewhere else. As far as my kid(s), you have no idea who I am.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

So in your view Bobby Wood and Christian Pulisic are Top Players.

You said they train and became top players because they trained overseas. (I disagree a bit on that).

Your conclusion is that training is better overseas.

Isn't that what I said in 5 posts? Aren't you simply agreeing with me?

As far as your Client's kid, Peru is not a hotbed of soccer development. Should have gone somewhere else. As far as my kid(s), you have no idea who I am.
                      Peru #19 is still ranked ahead of the usa last time i looked (with a fraction of the population and resources)!!!!!! now the kid is heading to England #4. again with a fraction of the population/resources the USA has.

Comment

Peru #19 is still ranked ahead of the usa last time i looked (with a fraction of the population and resources)!!!!!! now the kid is heading to England #4. again with a fraction of the population/resources the USA has.
                        So it sounds like you are making my argument for me. Thanks for that. If you read the other posts you would have seen that my position is that the U.S. fails in developing technical players.

I'm not sure how persuasive the Peru thing is one way or the other since 2 spots in Fifa rankings is fairly irrelevant. Might have made more sense to skip Peru and stay home so they all could eat dinner together.

As far as Bobby Woods goes he was developed in the U.S. until he left when he was 16 or 17 then went to play in Germany. I wouldn't classify him as a top player (maybe by U.S. standards?)

Pulisic is a different animal in development. Both parents played the game. His Father was an Indoor coach and player. Pulisic moved to England for a year and played for a club there when he was young. They were very focused on technical play, futsal, etc.. I would say Pulisic did not have the typical U.S. development experience.

That being said he lost playing time to an 18/19 year old English kid named Jadon Sancho at Dortmund and is struggling to get PT at Chelsea. Still he is probably one of the current top U.S. players in spite of developing here for most of his upbringing.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

So it sounds like you are making my argument for me. Thanks for that. If you read the other posts you would have seen that my position is that the U.S. fails in developing technical players.

I'm not sure how persuasive the Peru thing is one way or the other since 2 spots in Fifa rankings is fairly irrelevant. Might have made more sense to skip Peru and stay home so they all could eat dinner together.

As far as Bobby Woods goes he was developed in the U.S. until he left when he was 16 or 17 then went to play in Germany. I wouldn't classify him as a top player (maybe by U.S. standards?)

Pulisic is a different animal in development. Both parents played the game. His Father was an Indoor coach and player. Pulisic moved to England for a year and played for a club there when he was young. They were very focused on technical play, futsal, etc.. I would say Pulisic did not have the typical U.S. development experience.

That being said he lost playing time to an 18/19 year old English kid named Jadon Sancho at Dortmund and is struggling to get PT at Chelsea. Still he is probably one of the current top U.S. players in spite of developing here for most of his upbringing.
                          My Point is this....the USA simply does not have enough elite level athletes (1/10,000 kid) in soccer because they are going to football, baseball and basketball where the $$$$ is!!!!!!

Comment

My Point is this....the USA simply does not have enough elite level athletes (1/10,000 kid) in soccer because they are going to football, baseball and basketball where the $$$$ is!!!!!!
                            Nope. You're last point was about Peru, training overseas. Stuff like that. You moved away from the whole NFL and $$$ argument.

Glad to see you back to your original point, which again is patently false.

If all U.S. "Elite" athletes play football, baseball, and basketball then how do you explain U.S. dominance in other sports not named soccer?

We dominate in sports internationally that offer little to no money by comparison to the big 3 U.S. based sports leagues.

Not sure if you are an American soccer coach but you sure are sticking to the "kids aren't athletic enough" argument which I believe is a losing one. It also lets poor U.S. soccer clubs and academies off the hook way too easily.

Comment

2005 Trapped players

Nope. You're last point was about Peru, training overseas. Stuff like that. You moved away from the whole NFL and $$$ argument.

Glad to see you back to your original point, which again is patently false.

If all U.S. "Elite" athletes play football, baseball, and basketball then how do you explain U.S. dominance in other sports not named soccer?

We dominate in sports internationally that offer little to no money by comparison to the big 3 U.S. based sports leagues.

Not sure if you are an American soccer coach but you sure are sticking to the "kids aren't athletic enough" argument which I believe is a losing one. It also lets poor U.S. soccer clubs and academies off the hook way too easily.
                              So you are saying that training of US soccer is so bad that countries roughly the size of NJ (like #8 Croatia) or #11 Switzerland where soccer is there #1 activity is the reason why we are not a top 10 team at least? Hell #19 Senegal is ranked ahead of the US!!!! Is Senagal training better than the US as well? Do you know what the #1 most popular activity is in Senagal? you guessed it ...soccer.

The US simply does not take soccer seriously enough (it is our 4 most popular activity at best) sure we have great elite athletes in other less popular sports as well like swimming, boxing, track and field, ect. but these sports are not as popular in other countries either so the field levels for us in that case.

Someone mentioned a few posts back that $$$ changes everything (was that you?) if $$$ can do this why not hire the best trainers/coaches in the world (no other country in the world has more $$$ than the USA)....all but guarantee wins for the men.

Comment

So you are saying that training of US soccer is so bad that countries roughly the size of NJ (like #8 Croatia) or #11 Switzerland where soccer is there #1 activity is the reason why we are not a top 10 team at least? Hell #19 Senegal is ranked ahead of the US!!!! Is Senagal training better than the US as well? Do you know what the #1 most popular activity is in Senagal? you guessed it ...soccer.

The US simply does not take soccer seriously enough (it is our 4 most popular activity at best) sure we have great elite athletes in other less popular sports as well like swimming, boxing, track and field, ect. but these sports are not as popular in other countries either so the field levels for us in that case.

Someone mentioned a few posts back that $$$ changes everything (was that you?) if $$$ can do this why not hire the best trainers/coaches in the world (no other country in the world has more $$$ than the USA)....all but guarantee wins for the men.
                                Do you have a child that plays soccer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X