Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The EDP first Division that Beachside girls play in is actually better than the NPL leagues that CFC and FSA NPL play in. Just take a look at the EDP and check out the teams. They play tougher competition each week and are accepted at better tournaments (Disney, Jeff Cup, etc). All this trashing of BS is really getting ridiculous. Not saying BS will beat CFC or FSA ECNL, but the rest of CT... probably. How about play them then talk??? Or is all the trashing just to try to boost your own daughter's club?

They went to Jeff Cup and Disney WITHOUT a goalie. The results were predictable. The girls still got looks from coaches. Now, they have a goalie, lets see how they do from here.
    Said no one on those teams, ever.....
    Troll alert.

Comment

Rest of CT? They aren't better than Yankee. YU beat them last season when they still had the two superstars that are now at CFC United. They also lost two other of their top players to YU. Let's not judge teams by fake GotSoccer rankings but by actual play on the field. They got into Jeff Cup by riding their Boys programs coattails.
      Actually, no. Only one of the girls who went to CFCU was on the team in the 1-0 lose to Yankee (U15 team) last year. Also none of the girls on that U15 team went to YU this year. I think you are mixing 3 different teams (U14,U15&U16 from last year). The age change is playing a role in this perception of who may have been on which team. Whatever it is, as the previous poster said, they aren't beating any ECNL teams, but are highly competitive with the rest.

Comment

Their best players quickly move on to ECNL, and now perhaps GDA. They can probably float some older age teams, but they will tend to be of average quality with no players of D1 quality. BS has virtually no girl's names on their college commitment list (on their website).

If your daughter can play at a high level, BS is not the club for you.
        So without the ECNL or GDA path, they are destined to be a developer of young talent for clubs in the top leagues. Oh, well.......

Comment

So without the ECNL or GDA path, they are destined to be a developer of young talent for clubs in the top leagues. Oh, well.......
          Yeah sure. They lose a couple to top teams and the majority flounder where they are. A real development path for sure

Comment

Yeah, because everyone absolutely MUST play Division I right? That is not the path everyone wants. But I guess that is what most of the people on this site think. Too many people living through their daughter's. If BS gets your daughter DII money or acceptance into a top DIII, that is awesome. Let them get an education and keep playing soccer. Too little time to play to spend it worrying about what one-dimensional fools think.

Comment

Yeah, because everyone absolutely MUST play Division I right? That is not the path everyone wants. But I guess that is what most of the people on this site think. Too many people living through their daughter's. If BS gets your daughter DII money or acceptance into a top DIII, that is awesome. Let them get an education and keep playing soccer. Too little time to play to spend it worrying about what one-dimensional fools think.
              Can you kindly present the BS college commitment list? Do their players even play in college?

Comment

Can you kindly present the BS college commitment list? Do their players even play in college?
                They have none. Parent's of BS girls like paying inflated prices with no end game. You can get away with that when your customer base has money to burn.

Comment

Yes, they do. But instead of college commitments, they list the new clubs their high school age former players play for now.

Comment

Nobody said anything about D1. No not everyone wants that path nor is it appropriate. But how about ANY BS commitments? Even YU finally has some after a few dry years. Where's BS's?

Comment

BS has has a team full of juniors this year and a team full of sophomores....no team for senior girls this year. With that in mind, there are no commits for this year since there are NO SENIORS. Yes, I know the next statement will be something about nobody committing early. Maybe after that, you could trash uniform colors or whatever else you can think of. The fact that you are so obsessed just shows that you believe they are a threat to wherever your kid plays.

Comment

BS has has a team full of juniors this year and a team full of sophomores....no team for senior girls this year. With that in mind, there are no commits for this year since there are NO SENIORS. Yes, I know the next statement will be something about nobody committing early. Maybe after that, you could trash uniform colors or whatever else you can think of. The fact that you are so obsessed just shows that you believe they are a threat to wherever your kid plays.
                        Manager?

Comment

Their website lists their teams. I thought this site was supposed to be a place to discuss the state of soccer in CT, maybe find out some important information about new rules, or maybe hear good news that CT players are performing well in college etc, but it appears it is more of a gossip/trash fest. Sad.

Comment

Their website lists their teams. I thought this site was supposed to be a place to discuss the state of soccer in CT, maybe find out some important information about new rules, or maybe hear good news that CT players are performing well in college etc, but it appears it is more of a gossip/trash fest. Sad.
                            Self righteous?

Comment

No one is worried about BS. No one.

Comment

Everton and CFC Chelsea Piers have girls teams full of sophomores and juniors, too. The difference is that Everton and Chelsea Piers don't tout themselves as destination clubs for girls who aspire to play college soccer. BS is a destination club on the boys side for sure, but it is woefully inadequate on the girls side. The few true talents left on Beachside girls at U15 - one or two players at most - are on CFC ECNL by U16. That's just the way it is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X