Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEP schedule? MAPLE schedule? Who wins the race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a Div 1 town coach for 8 years and over the last 2 years this situation has become much worse. Every Saturday we have a number of players missing due to NEP, ECNL, club practices and this is much worse in the Spring when we are trying to qualify for MTOC and competing with Irwin cup, Andre cup, Club tournaments etc etc. Often we barely have enough players to play. Intersetingly, the kids consitently mention that its unfair that they can't play with their friends in town and also play club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have been a Div 1 town coach for 8 years and over the last 2 years this situation has become much worse. Every Saturday we have a number of players missing due to NEP, ECNL, club practices and this is much worse in the Spring when we are trying to qualify for MTOC and competing with Irwin cup, Andre cup, Club tournaments etc etc. Often we barely have enough players to play. Intersetingly, the kids consitently mention that its unfair that they can't play with their friends in town and also play club.
      "Unfair" is a stretch. They may be disappointed that they can't play both, they may wish they didn't have as many conflicts... But "unfair" is inaccurate. Although coming from a child I suppose it works... Everthything is unfair to a child.

Comment

"Unfair" is a stretch. They may be disappointed that they can't play both, they may wish they didn't have as many conflicts... But "unfair" is inaccurate. Although coming from a child I suppose it works... Everthything is unfair to a child.
        OK. How about "inconsistent with the rules established by MYSA." How about that?

Comment

I for one am happy to see stars and NEFC put most of their teams in NEP. There should be some good competition for my daughter!

Comment

masc vs. maple

what is masc and would you pay to play in it? what can come of it? Best hope the team is good goes where? tks for the info daughter has a chance to play not sure if it's a waste of time. tku.

Comment

what is masc and would you pay to play in it? what can come of it? Best hope the team is good goes where? tks for the info daughter has a chance to play not sure if it's a waste of time. tku.
              Long night, eh bub?

Comment

"Unfair" is the correct word. Kids dont understand why adults can't get together and make a schedule that works for club and town. Until MYSA steps in this will continue to be a problem and we will see the slow demise of qualitytown travel soccer/MTOC and we will end up with a bunch of Div3 teams playing each other.

Comment

"Unfair" is the correct word. Kids dont understand why adults can't get together and make a schedule that works for club and town. Until MYSA steps in this will continue to be a problem and we will see the slow demise of qualitytown travel soccer/MTOC and we will end up with a bunch of Div3 teams playing each other.
                  The simple solution is for the towns to mandate that players either attend their practices and games or not participate at all. That is what the clubs do and it seems to work quite well for them. The problem is the towns know they would lose their best players.

Comment

Your solution seems like you are giving kids and their families an ultimatum. Practice/ play in games or else. I have been coaching town for 8 years and have never had a problem up until recently when there have been club games on Saturdays. All the power lies with the clubs right now. Parents are not going to have their kid skip club practice/ games for town games/ league playoff games/MTOC. Again, MYSA and the clubs need to come together for a resolution of this problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X