Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    SeacoSt just doubled in size absorbing FCUSA. How is it a loser?
    A.) It's FCUSA and B.) Buying a club does not mean the talent is staying put. Better players will see this as an opportune time to test the waters since change is imminent anyways.

Comment

1 GPS- probably the biggest losers.
      2 Select- lost GDA after only being in it for half a year. Not their fault but I’m isn’t going to sit well with parents especially parents that just moved there for GDA.
      3 NEFC- just for the fact that they lost GDA and have to start up in new league that’s not proven yet. Boys side will be fine.
      3-Seacoast- lost DA/GDA. I think the boys side will be okay with little change. Girls side it’s a wait and see how the new league goes.
      4- stars/scorpions if not having been talked about on here lately is good then I guess they a winners. I think scorpions may benefit with select losing GDA. Also to maybe some parents will won’t to go to club that is more stable like stars and scorpions. I know I said that but there are still hanging around.
      5-lvp Oakwood who cares?
      Oakwood is losing top players who only came/stayed for GDA, just like Select.

Comment

So, according to this keyboard expert, the upheaval in the marketplace has put several (dozens? hundreds??) of players in the market. Lots of switching up of players to these supposed better teams.

Where are all those players going to? Must suck to be on here cheering for your club only to find your e-mail go silent....

Comment

How so? I would think rosters are full for the other 2 Full MLS clubs in the region.
          There is not enough talent in the region for more than 2 full MLS club.
          ECNL will be a good back for most of the rest of the partial MLS (U13/U14) like Bayside, NEFC and Valeo

Comment

So, according to this keyboard expert, the upheaval in the marketplace has put several (dozens? hundreds??) of players in the market. Lots of switching up of players to these supposed better teams.

Where are all those players going to? Must suck to be on here cheering for your club only to find your e-mail go silent....
            Stars is about 2-5 per team on top teams. Mix of NEFC, GPS and Seacoast.

Comment

Why is there a "Surf New England" and a "Surf Rhode Island" if its all the same people?
              Not the same. Two different Surf affiliates. I think the guys in RI saw what the guys in MA did and saw an opportunity to do the same. And Surf was probably more than happy to add yet another affiliate to their portfolio.

Comment

Stars is about 2-5 per team on top teams. Mix of NEFC, GPS and Seacoast.
                Sounds like bullshlt from what I know.

But, where are those now displaced Stars players who had their dreams snatched from their parents' eyes going?

Comment

Not the same. Two different Surf affiliates. I think the guys in RI saw what the guys in MA did and saw an opportunity to do the same. And Surf was probably more than happy to add yet another affiliate to their portfolio.
                  Not true, same guys. This is the old guard at GPS orchestrating everything. Caveat Emptor!

Comment

Not true, same guys. This is the old guard at GPS orchestrating everything. Caveat Emptor!
                    And I suppose San Diego Surf is in on the conspiracy, seeing how they had separate press releases for each affiliate and separate websites?

Comment

There is not enough talent in the region for more than 2 full MLS club.
                      ECNL will be a good back for most of the rest of the partial MLS (U13/U14) like Bayside, NEFC and Valeo
                      ECNL is a major downgrade from MLS/DA and boys HS soccer for the most part is not good.

There is enough talent from the clubs mentioned above for another full MLS club in this region.

Comment

ECNL is a major downgrade from MLS/DA and boys HS soccer for the most part is not good.

There is enough talent from the clubs mentioned above for another full MLS club in this region.
                        MLS will be a major downgrade from MLS ... stop there. Tier 2 and DPL divisions of new league structure will not be great and they will be way worse in year two after the cat is out of the bag.

Comment

Look at Valeo u14... revs took the good players to make their u14, and they now suffer.
                          Same story for the u14 NEFC.
                          On the other side, the u14 from the revs is pretty good...
                          Knowing the revs are taking the best player in NE, you don’t have much talent left.
                          The Bolts u14 is doing good... but the revs u14 is above.

Comment

Look at Valeo u14... revs took the good players to make their u14, and they now suffer.
                            Knowing the revs are taking the best player in NE, you don’t have much talent left.
                            Honestly, this is how it should be. Large clubs buy players from small clubs throughout the world. Hopefully, MLS will get to a space where they are compensating clubs for it.

Comment

MLS will be a major downgrade from MLS ... stop there. Tier 2 and DPL divisions of new league structure will not be great and they will be way worse in year two after the cat is out of the bag.
                              Anyone who talks about tiers in the MLS league is on the outside looking in with no clue about the realistic structure.

Comment

This past season, Valeo and NEFC U14 gave the Bolts a good game. If one of those teams had full MLS and had the best players from both teams, they would have more talent than the Bolts. I would venture to think the other age groups would fall in line.

There is enough talent for another non-MLS team in the region. The problem is it would severely weaken the other team to NEP/ECNL status.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X