New England Club Soccer League - Sean Carey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP is working in collaboration with the NECSL. The league is one in the same. Several New England teams from CT, RI and MA who have played in the EDP North Atlantic National League are transitioning to this New England League. Surf will also join this group. It will then be up to clubs to decide where they want to play. NEP has been strong for years but they have some incredibly strong egos and some people have had enough. I have a strong belief that at least 2-3 clubs will end up leaving the NEP. SC does have a strong personality but I believe it was necessary. NEP clubs will cannibalize each other. Without someone to check the strong personalities at NEP it will turn into a blood bath.

Comment

Seacoast have moved to Necsl

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        EDP is working in collaboration with the NECSL. The league is one in the same. Several New England teams from CT, RI and MA who have played in the EDP North Atlantic National League are transitioning to this New England League. Surf will also join this group. It will then be up to clubs to decide where they want to play. NEP has been strong for years but they have some incredibly strong egos and some people have had enough. I have a strong belief that at least 2-3 clubs will end up leaving the NEP. SC does have a strong personality but I believe it was necessary. NEP clubs will cannibalize each other. Without someone to check the strong personalities at NEP it will turn into a blood bath.
        Speaking as a parent of a player. I will 100% not be the 1st to jump into a new unproven league.....it could suck bad, especially coming off of no spring soccer....double risk. My player will be on a team that is in the highest percentage of being a good league. If EDP or this Smurf league grows in the comming years than maybe take a look.

Comment

The idiots in NEP are already at each other's throats. It is like siblings fighting and tearing up the house when the parents go away. The solidarity agreement is a joke. I know, as our club is part of it. Everyone in NEP hates everyone else. It is a total snake pit and has been that way for many years. LL and BA wanted this so that they could form an alliance and try to run the show, but they are more despised than everyone else.

Comment

Speaking as a parent of a player. I will 100% not be the 1st to jump into a new unproven league.....it could suck bad, especially coming off of no spring soccer....double risk. My player will be on a team that is in the highest percentage of being a good league. If EDP or this Smurf league grows in the comming years than maybe take a look.
            Says the club director posing as a parent.

Comment

If Seacoast are in then so are FCUSA

Comment

Looks like "NECSL" will not be "EDP New England" according to this update on their site

https://www.thenecsl.com/team--referee-fees.html
                The link goes to something about team fees, but if you look at the slide show on the site, it does imply that it will affiliate with EDP, or somehow exist as an adminstrative part of EDP New England, or... something. And the Advisory Team, buried in a slide within the "Learn More" tab? I'm no insider, so maybe these people are actually involved in the game in New England. I'm just some rube though, so maybe someone smarter can decipher what the heck is going on.

Comment

There is nothing unproven about EDP you twat. You have no idea about anything, so just stfu.

Comment

EDP is a top notch league and run very well. If they weren't why would USYS have them run the National Conferences? Biggest plus is they're are not controlled by some club owners only concerned about how they leverage the league for their own ends. This NEP clubs fighting to bond together are signalling all they care about is their own control.

Comment

EDP is a top notch league and run very well. If they weren't why would USYS have them run the National Conferences? Biggest plus is they're are not controlled by some club owners only concerned about how they leverage the league for their own ends. This NEP clubs fighting to bond together are signalling all they care about is their own control.
                      Best joke of the day, thanks I needed that!

Comment

Seacoast have moved to Necsl
                        Confirmed? So much for the letter of intent

Comment

Could not agree more. Let teams and clubs rise and fall on their merits. The NEP was about protecting turf and investments. EDP will allow for multiple pathways into showcase events and series. NEP is going to devolve into a primal grudge match.

Comment

Confirmed? So much for the letter of intent
                            Ok so seacoast and surf will not make an entire league. What other clubs have committed to this new league? And is this affiliated with EDP or in competition with it?

Comment

So our itty bitty little corner of the soccer world now has teams scattered in:

ECNL
                              ECNL (Regional league)
                              New MLS boys league
                              NPL
                              GA
                              NEP
                              EDP
                              CCL

Sounds like it will go really smooth!
                              You can add all the leagues you want—it’s not going to matter
                              College sports are undergoing a sea change and there will be no scholarships for soccer for years.
                              May as well all play town.

Comment

To start this new league.
                                Thats not new.....rebranded yes....but this is the EDP New England States League

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X