Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your kid played at the club last year, you should have a significant credit from the spring. If you opted for the refund (lessee amount), you had probably already decided she wasn’t coming back anyway.
    *lesser amount

Comment

It’s a $50 deposit, then payments start Aug. 20 (I assume that no one will opt to pay in full ahead of time—even people that have in the past). By that date, we should have a better idea of where things stand. But by all means, keep your $50 and tell your kid that you gave up her spot.
      The money will still be owed regardless if soccer happens or not. You can’t not pay your bill if soccer is canceled. It’s a contract. Am I right or am I wrong? And there are plenty of other soccer clubs that will take my daughter later.

Comment

The money will still be owed regardless if soccer happens or not. You can’t not pay your bill if soccer is canceled. It’s a contract. Am I right or am I wrong? And there are plenty of other soccer clubs that will take my daughter later.
        Do you think other clubs are not taking deposits for next season?

Comment

So pony up the 50 bucks and spread the payments out over the 9-10 month window .....first payment not out due until late August ....

Is this also a new uniform year as well ? $$ new kits $$
          Rest of payments due before kids step on field...clubs aren’t stupid, just the ones that pay them.

Comment

Rest of payments due before kids step on field...clubs aren’t stupid, just the ones that pay them.
            Payments are spread out over 10 months, but yes you are on the hook if season doesn’t happen. If that’s too big a financial risk for you, that’s understandable. But for others it’s just as rational to pay. It’s important to their kid, have the money and soccer is likely back by Spring 2021. If it’s not, we have way bigger problems than the 3k for soccer.

Comment

Do you think other clubs are not taking deposits for next season?
              Of course they are, never said they weren’t.

Comment

I am the husband, and my daughter is fine with it. We will not pay.
                You ARE the husband. good to know.

sound like you have a vaj

Comment

Payments are spread out over 10 months, but yes you are on the hook if season doesn’t happen. If that’s too big a financial risk for you, that’s understandable. But for others it’s just as rational to pay. It’s important to their kid, have the money and soccer is likely back by Spring 2021. If it’s not, we have way bigger problems than the 3k for soccer.
                  You sound like one of the grandma killers.
                  Not to mention what’s wrong with the entire youth soccer world—“bigger problems than the 3k”
                  Wow, rarefied air...

Comment

You sound like one of the grandma killers.
                    Not to mention what’s wrong with the entire youth soccer world—“bigger problems than the 3k”
                    Wow, rarefied air...
                    Not at all, this is a big deal and have family members who are treating Covid patients. I’m saying if soccer hasn’t returned by 2021 then things aren’t going well and soccer is the least of our concerns.

But to say people who choose to sign their kids up to play next year are somehow being duped by Clubs and throwing their money away isn’t valid criticism for the reasons stated.

Comment

No problem. Enjoy wasting money you could have saved or invested for your family instead. I’m sure these club owners appreciate your business and support.
                      If your kid is ECNL, there will be a line of former GDA players waiting to take her spot.

Comment

So stars are saying we are going to be nice and give you options but we are still going to take all of your money with no refund next year. You can make it hurt one time or a slow pain 10 times either way they will get their money plus $10 a month if you want to spread it out.
                        Good or bad at least they are telling you what they are going to do up front. See if any other clubs will do this?

Comment

If your kid is ECNL, there will be a line of former GDA players waiting to take her spot.
                          Take it. Get ready to zoom.

Comment

So stars are saying we are going to be nice and give you options but we are still going to take all of your money with no refund next year. You can make it hurt one time or a slow pain 10 times either way they will get their money plus $10 a month if you want to spread it out.
                            Good or bad at least they are telling you what they are going to do up front. See if any other clubs will do this?
                            Thats it. Clubs have to collect from parents to be financially viable and pay their fixed costs. Each family will have to decide if the risk of not playing is worth it. Everyone knows the situation and will have to decide. It’s a bad situation for everyone involved.

Comment

It’s a $50 deposit, then payments start Aug. 20 (I assume that no one will opt to pay in full ahead of time—even people that have in the past). By that date, we should have a better idea of where things stand. But by all means, keep your $50 and tell your kid that you gave up her spot.

Seriously? Then W TF are people complaining about? Put the $50 on a credit card now and see what happens. August is a long way away. If you need to dispute/cancel later it's easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                seriously? Then w tf are people complaining about? Put the $50 on a credit card now and see what happens. August is a long way away. If you need to dispute/cancel later it's easy enough.
                                exactly

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X