X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars Payment Language

https://www.starsofma.org/payment-options

"PLAYER FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON - SPORTSENGINE OFFERS INSURANCE IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE TO COVER PLAYER INJURY BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT COVER INFECTIOUS DISEASE SUCH AS THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC."

Anyone that registers is throwing money away! Very good chance fall doesn't happen. Who knows about next winter/spring

Parents will happily pay it for their little supastah!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

"PLAYER FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON - SPORTSENGINE OFFERS INSURANCE IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE TO COVER PLAYER INJURY BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT COVER INFECTIOUS DISEASE SUCH AS THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC."

Anyone that registers is throwing money away! Very good chance fall doesn't happen. Who knows about next winter/spring
      All contracts will be re-written to include this language. CLub contracts, leagues, tournaments, other businesses across the board. Everyone will have to assess their own risk tolerance

Comment

I, for one, won’t be duped into paying $3,000 for another half year of soccer. No way. Some of us don’t have disposable cash to spend in that way.

Comment

I, for one, won’t be duped into paying $3,000 for another half year of soccer. No way. Some of us don’t have disposable cash to spend in that way.
          Thanks for letting us know

Comment

Thanks for letting us know
            No problem. Enjoy wasting money you could have saved or invested for your family instead. I’m sure these club owners appreciate your business and support.

Comment

Man, I forgot how much I miss airports and hearing infrequent travels insist they will "never fly this airline again". We all know you'll be back.

Once your husband and daughter chime in, your family will pay.

Comment

No problem. Enjoy wasting money you could have saved or invested for your family instead. I’m sure these club owners appreciate your business and support.
                If Club soccer didn’t fall into your discretionary spending before Covid, probably wasn’t a good idea to begin with.

Comment

Man, I forgot how much I miss airports and hearing infrequent travels insist they will "never fly this airline again". We all know you'll be back.

Once your husband and daughter chime in, your family will pay.
                  I am the husband, and my daughter is fine with it. We will not pay.

Comment

If Club soccer didn’t fall into your discretionary spending before Covid, probably wasn’t a good idea to begin with.
                    Money paid for services rendered, not money paid for services not rendered. There is a difference. $3,000 for a maybe spring season is outrageous.

Comment

It’s a $50 deposit, then payments start Aug. 20 (I assume that no one will opt to pay in full ahead of time—even people that have in the past). By that date, we should have a better idea of where things stand. But by all means, keep your $50 and tell your kid that you gave up her spot.

Comment

Just like colleges were funding athletics pre-Covid, but slashing the budgets now, families will do the same.

Comment

So pony up the 50 bucks and spread the payments out over the 9-10 month window .....first payment not out due until late August ....

Is this also a new uniform year as well ? $$ new kits $$

Comment

Just like colleges were funding athletics pre-Covid, but slashing the budgets now, families will do the same.
                            Very likely, but the Clubs that have been financially responsible and have the flexibility to adjust will go on, and likely gain market share. Leagues will survive that have done the same.

Unless this is just the end of civilization as we know it, and then doesn’t matter anyway.

Comment

Money paid for services rendered, not money paid for services not rendered. There is a difference. $3,000 for a maybe spring season is outrageous.
                              If your kid played at the club last year, you should have a significant credit from the spring. If you opted for the refund (lessee amount), you had probably already decided she wasn’t coming back anyway.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X