Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player evaluations

Just a general observation based on my experience, it seems like evaluations are overly inflated towards the positive in order to create and keep a happy customer no matter what. I will not share the name of the academy or team but I think they are way too positive rating in order to make everyone feel better. For example my kid is not a great header of the ball but she gets rated a 4. Her passing is also average but she gets a 4 too. Wish a bit more honesty/reality would be applied as without that nothing to work towards.....plus if they want to play at the next level coaches should put in the work to improve them not just tell them all’s great, nice job etc.

4 out of 5 or 10? If they are rating on a scale of 5 they they really don't know how to evaluate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just a general observation based on my experience, it seems like evaluations are overly inflated towards the positive in order to create and keep a happy customer no matter what. I will not share the name of the academy or team but I think they are way too positive rating in order to make everyone feel better. For example my kid is not a great header of the ball but she gets rated a 4. Her passing is also average but she gets a 4 too. Wish a bit more honesty/reality would be applied as without that nothing to work towards.....plus if they want to play at the next level coaches should put in the work to improve them not just tell them all’s great, nice job etc.
      There are coaches that are positively honest in evaluations and parents get mad. They want to be lied to and be told that their kid is the next Pulisic or Morgan when they can't even run for long periods of time.

Look for the coaches that are honest. Not the ones lying to take your money.

Comment

I really don’t put any stock into any ratings scale on a clubs evaluations. It really doesn’t answer anything - are they comparing the player to others on the team, the average player at that age, that level?

A narrative should be written saying what your child needs to work on to improve their game/ level of play. Everything else is just fluff to make the customer happy.

Comment

4 out of 5 or 10? If they are rating on a scale of 5 they they really don't know how to evaluate.
          Scale of 1-5

Comment

There are coaches that are positively honest in evaluations and parents get mad. They want to be lied to and be told that their kid is the next Pulisic or Morgan when they can't even run for long periods of time.

Look for the coaches that are honest. Not the ones lying to take your money.
            Way too many out there trying to keep the customer happy by over inflation of egos with positive feedback. Those are the ones that will be happy collecting your $$$ for nothing in return....just nice job Sally, you’re the best, keep up the good work, really like everything about you.....bottom line find someone that is tough, honest but encouraging as they’ll help your kid grow in leaps and bounds.

Comment

Way too many out there trying to keep the customer happy by over inflation of egos with positive feedback. Those are the ones that will be happy collecting your $$$ for nothing in return....just nice job Sally, you’re the best, keep up the good work, really like everything about you.....bottom line find someone that is tough, honest but encouraging as they’ll help your kid grow in leaps and bounds.
              Good advice thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately keeping a happy customer at all costs (even the players own development) leads to bs feedback that is not constructive.

Comment

Unfortunately keeping a happy customer at all costs (even the players own development) leads to bs feedback that is not constructive.
                  Seriously, there are things my kid does really well and thing she should devote time to working on. We have gotten glowing evaluations where the things i know are areas to develop are getting amazing marks and i'm like is this actually for my child?

Comment

Anyone looking for evaluation contact PDA for a virtual tryout. They’ll take you after seeing a choreographed video!

Comment

Correct you will automatically make the White team or South. RL also if you want to play at Shore.

Anyone looking for evaluation contact PDA for a virtual tryout. They’ll take you after seeing a choreographed video!

Comment

Uh yes....pathway.....exposure....pathway....pathway. ...pathway. That’ll be $4,500. Thank you! See you on the pitch!

Correct you will automatically make the White team or South. RL also if you want to play at Shore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X