Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am not an MFA parent and I don't get why you guys hate MFA parents so much. Is it because your kids got bumped as a result of their kids? Or because of their $$$?

Having a different opinion about a club is one thing but I don't see any reasons to involve the parents.
    At the end of the day, it's their (parents' and players') choice (maybe they're being tricked or not knowing enough) and as long as they can afford it (and maybe you can't) ... it's their own business.

Comment

Is the government going to send checks to cover everyone's expenses if this continues past the Fall? How are people suppose to survive this?

I don't think we'll have a Spring or Summer season which is the correct decision but if kids aren't back in school and parents aren't working by September, then Mr. President will have a lot of explaining to do.
      Many coaches won't survive especially those bad ones. It's a good thing.

Don't we all somehow save more because we don't incur these extra expenses? (travel, club, driving ...)

Comment

Don't blame Murphy when President said it was just the flu and the 15 cases would go away in two weeks. Shame on everyone in charge be incompetent. One day, we'll have baseball. The next, we won't have sports until 2021. Installing fear in people.

Wake up people. We don't need politicians. We need world leaders. A high IQ would help too.
        Did they not teach Civics in that HS of yours? This is a state issue through and through, as intended by our Constitution and rightly so.

TDS suffers like yourself are funny in your total ignorance of the structure of our republic, but scary as well. Orangeman bad!!

Comment

Many coaches won't survive especially those bad ones. It's a good thing.

Don't we all somehow save more because we don't incur these extra expenses? (travel, club, driving ...)
          That's good but parents still choose silly clubs and coaches.

Comment

Did they not teach Civics in that HS of yours? This is a state issue through and through, as intended by our Constitution and rightly so.

TDS suffers like yourself are funny in your total ignorance of the structure of our republic, but scary as well. Orangeman bad!!
            Actually Trumpee, why don't you ask your dictator for the 1% what happened to this being a hoax that was going away in two weeks after 15 cases?

It's not about political parties here. It's about waking up, learning compassion and humility to change this world after it was infected with too many that think the world revolves around them. #StopBeingSelfish

Comment

Actually Trumpee, why don't you ask your dictator for the 1% what happened to this being a hoax that was going away in two weeks after 15 cases?

It's not about political parties here. It's about waking up, learning compassion and humility to change this world after it was infected with too many that think the world revolves around them. #StopBeingSelfish
              Ummm... are you new here? Perhaps TS isn’t the place to talk about compassion, humility, and selflessness.

Comment

Ummm... are you new here? Perhaps TS isn’t the place to talk about compassion, humility, and selflessness.
                He/She is trying to fix mental people like you.

Comment

He/She is trying to fix mental people like you.
                  that's a hopeless cause on this board

Comment

that's a hopeless cause on this board
                    We need to change. Haven't we learned that after all this?

Comment

They don’t know how hard this is going to hit in fall, so I just don’t see youth sports for club or hs happening. Way too much uncertainty about October and don’t see that uncertainty going away. In meantime, I bought my daughter a set of golf clubs.

Comment

I am not an MFA parent and I don't get why you guys hate MFA parents so much. Is it because your kids got bumped as a result of their kids? Or because of their $$$?

Having a different opinion about a club is one thing but I don't see any reasons to involve the parents.
                        Have to involve the parents.The kids do not drive themselves their. They should have done their research before bringing them to that dumpster fire

Comment

Have to involve the parents.The kids do not drive themselves their. They should have done their research before bringing them to that dumpster fire
                          How though? When my kids started with travel with the town, I had no idea what it meant and didn't know what to expect (I never played and wasn't born in US) I slowly learned all the soccer politics (yes, soccer politics), under the table deals (some more involved, well-educated soccer parents use the club's fund to accomplish agenda or influence coaches for their own kids), and certain facts coaches or clubs will never share with you.

I finally learned enough (I think) to make the (hopefully) the right decisions (through a lot of volunteer work and speak to about various clubs, coaches, and leagues). Even with that much time invested, I know for sure there are things/pitfalls I am not aware. Unfortunately my children wasted a few years already and now play catch-up.

When the club or someone is intentionally hiding something from you, it is very easy to uncover unless you are really close and familiar with the issue. Many coaches, for example, won't tell your kids to quit even if they are terrible because it's their paychecks getting impacted. They'll give you all the rubbish reasons why your kids are on the bench longer than others. (e.g. "It's okay. S/he just had a bad day so I left her/him on the bench today) The club will quietly put your kids in the lower team to for the sake of collecting $$$ and tell you not to give up yet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X