• Show
Clear All

Prediction: Back to play date for NJ

June 1?

I hope so that sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      June 1?
      Unfortunately I think that’s too optimistic. Schools are going to be closed for rest of school year so I don’t see how they are going to allow sports.

Comment

You might be right.

On the other hand, private club sports might be treated more like a business, with soccer players the paying customers. On those grounds, it might be allowed.

Comment

Unfortunately I think that’s too optimistic. Schools are going to be closed for rest of school year so I don’t see how they are going to allow sports.
          I agree with this.

The NY governor announced today that all NY state schools will be closed the rest of the current academic year, which means that the same is likely true for NJ schools.

As much as I'd love for my kid to play in a few June events, I think mid-summer is a lot more likely.

Comment

I don't think leagues will be back this spring. Summer tournaments might be a thing but how many NY based teams will even go or be ready by then? We still don't see tryouts happening anytime soon and when they do it will be a mad rush as the tryout season will be really short. Hopefully things get back to semi-normal by Aug.

Comment

I think school and soccer are two different animals for the following reasons...1) school involves hundreds of kids congregating indoors all day long whereas soccer is a smaller group involving outdoors activity and 2) clubs are going to start practices because people have paid and they are not public institutions...they are businesses providing a service and as long as the local governments allow it they will reengage...some might elect to wait but some will likely forge ahead.

For clubs with their own facilities...PDA, WCFC, Cedar Stars Monmouth, etc...it is likely game on when they get the okay from Murphy/Cuomo.

If you rely on renting field space from other institutions...good luck

Comment

I think school and soccer are two different animals for the following reasons...1) school involves hundreds of kids congregating indoors all day long whereas soccer is a smaller group involving outdoors activity and 2) clubs are going to start practices because people have paid and they are not public institutions...they are businesses providing a service and as long as the local governments allow it they will reengage...some might elect to wait but some will likely forge ahead.

For clubs with their own facilities...PDA, WCFC, Cedar Stars Monmouth, etc...it is likely game on when they get the okay from Murphy/Cuomo.

So PDA, WCFC, Cedar Stars will just play each other? Where are the 95% of teams that rely on public fields going to train/play games. We are lucky if we can play in the fall.

Comment

These two will be linked maybe training in small groups would be allowed but games would not start. if schools are still closed they won't allow youth sports. And in turn once the kids are back in school it doesn't make sense to not have sports because of it's actually less exposure than going to a school with 1000 kids.

Comment

So PDA, WCFC, Cedar Stars will just play each other? Where are the 95% of teams that rely on public fields going to train/play games. We are lucky if we can play in the fall.
                    Summer practice f’stick. There are no games this summer. Wake the f up and read what I said.

Comment

Little Leagues cancelled but MLS and England are shooting for June.

Comment

Summer practice f’stick. There are no games this summer. Wake the f up and read what I said.
                        Whoa. Cool your britches.....

Roid rage much Cuomo?

Comment

Little Leagues cancelled but MLS and England are shooting for June.
                          Simple. America = Charmin.

Comment

And this is why we can’t have nice things

Comment

These two will be linked maybe training in small groups would be allowed but games would not start. if schools are still closed they won't allow youth sports. And in turn once the kids are back in school it doesn't make sense to not have sports because of it's actually less exposure than going to a school with 1000 kids.
                              WH guidelines have schools and kids activities (they don't say "sports") in phase 2. If schools aren't open, organizations would have a hard time justifying sports, even more so contact sports - and that's if the state even would allow it. The season is done. Of course people are disappointed, but it is what it is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X