Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually my daughter is stuck at GAL team. Only option left. ECNL teams are full and I’m not taking her to MF.

Just don’t want to hear that this B league is anything but that and want these clubs to stop spinning it.
    This is kind of my thought as well. Any club that has to join GAL in nj has to spin the move as not only the same as the DA, but better due to the rule changes. If they don't, then a bunch of parents who don't know anything about soccer will try to move their kids to an ecnl club (even mf). I'm sure a ton of clubs had zoom calls to call down their existing rosters and sent out press releases about how great a move this is. These are businesses and they need to protect themselves.

How can anyone go along with these marketing efforts with no questions though? At least give it a year and see which clubs stay, which leave, how competitive it is, what kind of college commits they get, etc. Don't rush to leave unless there is a clear need, but at the same time don't come on here and blindly defend a league that was popped into existence overnight due to circumstances.

Comment

Omg give it up. GAL is here to stay, sorry. I know you wanted to have only ecnl but it didn’t work out for you. Shouldn’t you be doing something at the college right now anyway?

This is kind of my thought as well. Any club that has to join GAL in nj has to spin the move as not only the same as the DA, but better due to the rule changes. If they don't, then a bunch of parents who don't know anything about soccer will try to move their kids to an ecnl club (even mf). I'm sure a ton of clubs had zoom calls to call down their existing rosters and sent out press releases about how great a move this is. These are businesses and they need to protect themselves.

How can anyone go along with these marketing efforts with no questions though? At least give it a year and see which clubs stay, which leave, how competitive it is, what kind of college commits they get, etc. Don't rush to leave unless there is a clear need, but at the same time don't come on here and blindly defend a league that was popped into existence overnight due to circumstances.

Comment

Omg give it up. GAL is here to stay, sorry. I know you wanted to have only ecnl but it didn’t work out for you. Shouldn’t you be doing something at the college right now anyway?
        I don't care about these leagues one way or another, but you sound desperate to defend gal. It's actually really sad.

Personally, I would have had the former DA teams all join usys in a special division rather than creating something new. In a perfect system there would be promotion/relegation with leagues not run by any clubs. Ecnl is definitely not the right solution.

Comment

It's amazing to me that people posting about how bad the GAL is doesn't have a clue to what the future holds. The GAL is brand new, still in the planning stages, but all these people can tell that it will be a failure based on nothing. We still don't know if there will even be a season yet, but people already know how the GAL will turn out. If all you guys know the future so well, can someone give me the lottery numbers for next week? Truth is, nobody can say for sure how things will turn out. When the DA folded people bitched, new league forming, people bitch. You can't please everyone. This forum really amazes me because everyone is an expert. Everyone knows how things will be. Everyone is an expert on the ECNL. Everyone is an expert on GAL. Everyone is an expert on USYS. PDA is the best in the world. CSA is the best in the world. PSA is the best in the world. It's really hard to get an honest opinion on anything because everyone is an expert on everything. Let's give the new league a chance before we discuss how horrible they are.

Comment

Read on another thread: GAL coaches plan to reach out to individual HS programs as the club would look to try and get your daughter released from H.S. practice 2x per week so she would only train with the GA club that day/night. This way your daughter has less risk of overuse injuries.

I'm dying over this, LMFAO

Comment

GAL will be done in two years. Already travel is a bear in most regions for a clear 2nd, if not 3rd tier league. All ECNL has to do is add 2 of the top clubs in each region over the next two years and GAL is done. It will go back to a regional league that EDP will handle and DPL will be back where it should be in the SW and SE. Do you really see college coaches going to their showcases? Maybe local coaches, maybe. I wish all the kids luck and the best, but this won’t be their league in a couple years.

Comment

Omg. Ugh.

GAL will be done in two years. Already travel is a bear in most regions for a clear 2nd, if not 3rd tier league. All ECNL has to do is add 2 of the top clubs in each region over the next two years and GAL is done. It will go back to a regional league that EDP will handle and DPL will be back where it should be in the SW and SE. Do you really see college coaches going to their showcases? Maybe local coaches, maybe. I wish all the kids luck and the best, but this won’t be their league in a couple years.

Comment

You seem to really know the future. What's next weeks lottery numbers? I'm sure someone like yourself with a wealth of knowledge knows that as well....

Comment

GAL will go the way of DA as it does not provide any better of a system then current USYS NL. The DA failed not just because of the money from US Soccer but from the lack of elite level clubs and college recruitment. GAL will have the same issues as they have lost some of the better clubs to ECNL and brought in average to slightly above average clubs (if you think the Ukies girls side is a national level elite club then wow....you have low standards).

Comment

GAL will go the way of DA as it does not provide any better of a system then current USYS NL. The DA failed not just because of the money from US Soccer but from the lack of elite level clubs and college recruitment. GAL will have the same issues as they have lost some of the better clubs to ECNL and brought in average to slightly above average clubs (if you think the Ukies girls side is a national level elite club then wow....you have low standards).
                      National level Elite Club? They're not even an average club...

Comment

Lol. Is your league better than everyone’s? So funny. Weirdo.

Comment

OK, now your just making it up .

I have no ill will toward ECNL, but there are many comments by college coaches they looked for players in GDA and ECNL. Some say GDA first, and some say ECNL first. So, no, that is most assuredly NOT the reason GDA "failed".

GAL will continue on being successful for those who were successful before. There isn't a massive change that the chicken-littles are reporting. If anything, the changes are for the positive.

More importantly...how does this affect YOU?

Comment

OK, now your just making it up .

I have no ill will toward ECNL, but there are many comments by college coaches they looked for players in GDA and ECNL. Some say GDA first, and some say ECNL first. So, no, that is most assuredly NOT the reason GDA "failed".

GAL will continue on being successful for those who were successful before. There isn't a massive change that the chicken-littles are reporting. If anything, the changes are for the positive.

More importantly...how does this affect YOU?
                            I think you and I define "successful" very differently. And if you think losing Penn Fusion and adding Philly Ukrainians is a positive change, then there's no need to further discuss.

Comment

I think you and I define "successful" very differently. And if you think losing Penn Fusion and adding Philly Ukrainians is a positive change, then there's no need to further discuss.
                              Speaking from the Northeast's perspective, same clubs except swapped the Mess Formally Known as 'Fury' for a middling club, LISC. Otherwise, exactly the same.

So, add in the pluses they were able to take from USSF (training programs, game day experiences, professionalism in their product, coaching training) and eliminating the negative (HS, subbing, more regionalized play)...I guess we may have a different view of "success" then....

Comment

The move of adding Ukies completely undermined the viability of this new league and showed what it’s about from the start $$$$ and nothing else. No integrity

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X