Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What the heck is going on at CSA??? I thought they got rid of all the trouble coaches....I guess some things never change, as long as there are paying customers they look the other way.
    Who was removed?

Comment

He had two teams at Manalapan at the time

He told both sets of parents he could take the whole team to CSA, with no cuts, one team even had kids from two club directors, playing on it.

One team jumped, it wasnt long before coaching changes were soon made and some returned a year later, citing the joyless environment. I believe he was eventually removed from that team/age bracket.

The other team did not and he was told to never come near the club again. I believe he was eventually removed from that team/age bracket, at CSA.

You have to think something big of yourself to try and move a team elsewhere, that has kids of the directors on it!

From CSA's perspective, he demonstrated a usefulness for 'recruiting' players, thats worth more to them than coaching ability.
      I think this is the same guy that ran the manalapan tryouts, cut a bunch of kids, and then moved the rest of the team to CSA. The kids that were cut had no team to go to because there was no manalapan team their age anymore after he left. Classy.

You're 100% right about CSA. They probably only took the boys from him because the entire team revolted. CSA probably loves him if he keeps a revolving door of kids because that's just more fees they receive. The probably don't really care about their girls program much anyway.

You hope more and more parents learn about how he operates so that no one joins his team. You hear about this kind of coach out there, but you always hope it isn't the person trying to talk to you about your kid. I guess at this point he's suckering in parents with promises of playing time, championships, and a great team experience. It's probably great until you sign on the dotted line and he's off to his next target. People like this coach are rarely satisfied with what they have, so you'd better hope that a new girl doesn't randomly show up to practice or a tournament some day. If this guy tries talking to you after your kids team plays his, run the other way.

Comment

I was one of the parents approached by someone from this team after a game. Told me that they thought my daughter was very good, and wondered if we would be interested in switching teams. He bragged about all the games the team won, how close all the girls are, that they are like an extended family, that they are on par to be the number one ranked team in NJ. Told me my daughters talent was being wasted with our current team. Promised us a starting position, plenty of play time, blah, blah, blah... took his number and told him I'd think about it.
        THEN I did some researched and asked around about him and the team. I was told by every single person I spoke with to stay as far away from them as possible. I heard all the stories about the ever changing roster of girls. No loyalty to his players unless your one of the parents who kiss his ass. I heard the girls were nothing special. Talented kids as a group, but no consistency as a team. Heard that he encourages ALL the players to shoot on goal, even the defenders. Also heard that no players position is guaranteed, and the minute someone new comes along, your sitting on the bench. I feel bad for the kids, and if the coach wasn't bad enough all the parents that know what hes about and yet leave their daughters in that situation. It's obvious there is a problem, but even worse that the parents put up with it. Is winning every game against sub par teams that important to parents over their own daughters development at 11 years old?

Comment

I was one of the parents approached by someone from this team after a game. Told me that they thought my daughter was very good, and wondered if we would be interested in switching teams. He bragged about all the games the team won, how close all the girls are, that they are like an extended family, that they are on par to be the number one ranked team in NJ. Told me my daughters talent was being wasted with our current team. Promised us a starting position, plenty of play time, blah, blah, blah... took his number and told him I'd think about it.
          THEN I did some researched and asked around about him and the team. I was told by every single person I spoke with to stay as far away from them as possible. I heard all the stories about the ever changing roster of girls. No loyalty to his players unless your one of the parents who kiss his ass. I heard the girls were nothing special. Talented kids as a group, but no consistency as a team. Heard that he encourages ALL the players to shoot on goal, even the defenders. Also heard that no players position is guaranteed, and the minute someone new comes along, your sitting on the bench. I feel bad for the kids, and if the coach wasn't bad enough all the parents that know what hes about and yet leave their daughters in that situation. It's obvious there is a problem, but even worse that the parents put up with it. Is winning every game against sub par teams that important to parents over their own daughters development at 11 years old?
          And why do parents put up with this? It's so hard to find a good coach these days. When you do, appreciate them.

Comment

Because DB is a marketing whore and a liar.

Comment

And why do parents put up with this? It's so hard to find a good coach these days. When you do, appreciate them.
              Because parents want their kids on a winning team. It doesn't matter if they are getting proper training, it's more important for them to tell people "we won this, we won that"... it's really a shame that parents think that way.

Comment

Because parents want their kids on a winning team. It doesn't matter if they are getting proper training, it's more important for them to tell people "we won this, we won that"... it's really a shame that parents think that way.
                So true, quality training is the key and yes winning will follow. Find a team that challenges your kid to be at their best while being pushed yet supported. If your team/club does not check this box move on...

Comment

Now that US Soccer has cancelled all the da programs, it's interesting to hear how many changes are now being made in all the local academy teams. In talking with a close friend involved with Matchfit, one of the only 2 NJ teams in the ENCL, it seems that a current CSA team is "inquiring" about possibly making the move over to Matchfit. From what I'm hearing, someone "representing" the CSA Monmouth 09 Girls Green team is inquiring about the possibility of the 09 girls making the move to Matchfit, and since only U13 and above can play ENCL, playing the entire team up a year.
                  Now I'm sure a bunch of babies are now going to post "thanks for spreading/starting rumours", my friend is on the administration at Matchfit and I 100% believe what shes told me. Given the while philosophy and mentality of the CSA 09 team, coach and parents, this makes alot of sense. The coach wants a national championship more than anything in the world, and making the move to Matchfit and playing up a year will give him that opportunity. It's a shame the team doesn't have the talent or stamina to play against some top rated teams.
                  Just wanted to say that the VERY first team to move to MF were the Colchesters. It was also the only decent team to ever play for Match Fit. This is part of the MF DNA: acquire teams and players and use them for marketing purposes.

Even if the player is from Maryland and just plays on a handful of showcases. Because marketing a good player always trumps a paying player that was on the roster a day ago.

Comment

Match fit 04 and probably match fit 03 will be dismantle .
                    Coaches do not have a job , parents of the 04 are all going away.
                    I am one of them . We came to MF following our coach and now he has no job so we are all done with MF.
                    Also forgot to mention.a bunch of players from USYS team going to 04ECNL team and the rest going to ECrl team. a bunch of the ecnl's are dropping down to ecrl. which means 18 will be on ecnl and now 40 on ecrl. 58 players on two teams x's $4,000 = $232,000 for Dom & Jordan. Not a bad payday

Comment

I thought it could happen, but doubt it will. These Da teams need to find a place and some were quite good. But MF teams usually good so I doubt it’s true.
                      Good?

That club is terrible. Needs new leadership.

Comment

Good?

That club is terrible. Needs new leadership.
                        How would you compare a club like CSA vs Matchfit?

Comment

How would you compare a club like CSA vs Matchfit?
                          CSA fires shady individuals. MF is built on them.

Comment

Not aware of any shady individuals that were fired by CSA...

Comment

What they did to that MFA 04 team alone, should be a reason to leave the club. It's horrible-Do not consider this club- we are on our way out- what a waste of our time and money!

Comment

What they did to that MFA 04 team alone, should be a reason to leave the club. It's horrible-Do not consider this club- we are on our way out- what a waste of our time and money!
                                Round of applause. About time people are realizing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X