• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here a few reasons why.

1. Partnership with Liverpool FC
    2. Equally strong boys & girls program.
    3. Club in strong financial position. Coaches still on payroll.
    1. Partnership is nothing more than paying a huge fee to be affiliated, maybe an occasional low level coach visit (but not for a long time, so probably irrelevant)
    2. Fair enough
    3. Not for long. Even the big club tried to furlough staff, but got enough stick to rescind. No such hope here.

Comment

Too clubs with boys & girls

1. Stars
      2. NEFC
      3. GPS
      4. FCUSA

Top boys only clubs

1. Bolts
      2. Valeo

Top girls only clubs

1. Scorpions
      2. Select
      Best MA club for girls U13+:
      1a. Stars - ECNL
      1b. Scorpions - ECNL
      2. NEFC - NPL
      3. SSS - NPL
      4. FCUSA - NPL
      5. Juventus - EDP
      6. GPS - NPL

Best MA club for Boys U13+:
      1. Bolts - ?
      2. NEFC - NPL
      3. Valeo - NPL
      4. GPS - NPL
      5. Stars - ECNL
      6. Juve - EDP

Comment

After coronavirus and with DA now dead here’s the updated club power rankings in MA. These rankings are based on boys & girls program and overall pathway.

1. Stars
        2. NEFC
        3. Bolts
        4. Select
        5. Scorpions
        6. FCUSA
        7. Western United Pioneers
        8. Aztecs
        9. Liverpool
        10. GPS
        Where would Bayside and Seacoast fit amongst these?

Comment

1. Partnership is nothing more than paying a huge fee to be affiliated, maybe an occasional low level coach visit (but not for a long time, so probably irrelevant)
          2. Fair enough
          3. Not for long. Even the big club tried to furlough staff, but got enough stick to rescind. No such hope here.
          Yeah bcos you know the finances of Liverpool so well?

All season fees were paid up. Coaches should continue to be paid until season original end date passes.

If my sons club laid coaches off straight after the ban I would be looking for a refund.

Comment

Yeah bcos you know the finances of Liverpool so well?

All season fees were paid up. Coaches should continue to be paid until season original end date passes.

If my sons club laid coaches off straight after the ban I would be looking for a refund.
            I’m reality some clubs laid coaches off immediately after the ban was in place, it’s no surprise the clubs which did these are the most expensive and nickel & dime every family for every last cent.

Their bottom line matters more than anything else.

Comment

2. Fair enough
              Incorrect on #1. Training methodology, curriculum and certification comes from the parent club. Would you rather trust your kid’s soccer development to a no-name club who makes it up as they go or uses the same practice plans and methods as the youth academy of the #1 EPL club and arguably one of the best pro clubs in the world.

Coaches are required to create lesson plans following the Liverpool curriculum and those plans are actively reviewed by both US and UK staff. Playing soccer and “knowing the game” are all good, but doesn’t mean you can teach soccer. This allows Liverpool to maintain standards and best practices in teaching the game and ensure coaches can teach effectively.

Comment

Best MA club for girls U13+:
                1a. Stars - ECNL
                1b. Scorpions - ECNL
                2. NEFC - NPL
                3. SSS - NPL
                4. FCUSA - NPL
                5. Juventus - EDP
                6. GPS - NPL

Best MA club for Boys U13+:
                1. Bolts - ?
                2. NEFC - NPL
                3. Valeo - NPL
                4. GPS - NPL
                5. Stars - ECNL
                6. Juve - EDP
                NEFC and SSS best teams aren't in NPL.

Did I miss an announcement?

Comment

Incorrect on #1. Training methodology, curriculum and certification comes from the parent club. Would you rather trust your kid’s soccer development to a no-name club who makes it up as they go or uses the same practice plans and methods as the youth academy of the #1 EPL club and arguably one of the best pro clubs in the world.

Coaches are required to create lesson plans following the Liverpool curriculum and those plans are actively reviewed by both US and UK staff. Playing soccer and “knowing the game” are all good, but doesn’t mean you can teach soccer. This allows Liverpool to maintain standards and best practices in teaching the game and ensure coaches can teach effectively.
                  So, by that measure, GPS/Bayern "relationship" puts them in that category, no?

Realty: This is a partnership in name only. None of what we see on this Liverpool club has anything to do with Liverpool FC

Comment

So, by that measure, GPS/Bayern "relationship" puts them in that category, no?

Realty: This is a partnership in name only. None of what we see on this Liverpool club has anything to do with Liverpool FC
                    GPS/Bayern deal has finished. And let’s only take about the relevant clubs in this thread. GPs
                    Are probably in court right now.

Comment

GPS/Bayern deal has finished. And let’s only take about the relevant clubs in this thread. GPs
                      Are probably in court right now.
                      But, in their lifetime, did anything GPS do have any relevance to Bayern, when Bayern was considered a top 3 club in the world? No. And, my kid was at GPS at the time.

Don't buy into the marketing schtick.

Comment

NEFC and SSS best teams aren't in NPL.

Did I miss an announcement?
                        Uh yeah, the DA collapsed this week in case you have not heard.

Comment

Yes, I heard. But, did I miss an announcement that they were going into NPL?

Comment

Will the ex-DA clubs go to the new MLS league or try ECNL?

Comment

Will the ex-DA clubs go to the new MLS league or try ECNL?
                              It won't be ECNL. JD wouldn't have the competition nearby.

Comment

Yes, I heard. But, did I miss an announcement that they were going into NPL?
                                They are already in NPL. There has been no announcement of them joining league XYZ so as of right now their A teams will be in NPL and there B teams will get bumped down the totem pole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X