Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The only people who want group by grad year are those whose child it seems to benefit. Please not another change!
    I completely agree with you.

Comment

I completely agree with you.
      No not the countless kids stuck in a ****ty situation in 8th and 12th grades. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

I love the parents that are afraid of the fall born kids coming back to play with their grade. The better question is—why keep a system where 1/3 of kids have no team to play for in the fall of 8th grade? College coaches can’t stand birth year. It makes recruiting that much harder.
        There is also the complete restructuring of teams at 11th and 12th grade which is a bigger problem for everyone.

Comment

I love the parents that are afraid of the fall born kids coming back to play with their grade. The better question is—why keep a system where 1/3 of kids have no team to play for in the fall of 8th grade? College coaches can’t stand birth year. It makes recruiting that much harder.
          College coaches don’t care. They are looking for players for every class and it’s easy to learn the grad year of players. Weak excuse for wanting a change. I just don’t want my kid to deal with even more changes; there have already been a lot!

Comment

College coaches don’t care. They are looking for players for every class and it’s easy to learn the grad year of players. Weak excuse for wanting a change. I just don’t want my kid to deal with even more changes; there have already been a lot!
            You do realize your kid’s team dynamics are already about to change with a roster shakeup? But I’m sure you’re fine with those kind of changes though since it benefits you.

Comment

The problem with grad year is then you get the ass holes who hole their kids back just for an advantage. Most other sports do birth year. right? hockey, lax and field hockey all do.

Comment

The problem with grad year is then you get the ass holes who hole their kids back just for an advantage. Most other sports do birth year. right? hockey, lax and field hockey all do.
                lacrosse is grad year.

Comment

Grad year is better since it makes it a lot easier for recruiting. deal with it you pussies cause you're playing with kids in the same grade, it's a fact compared to birth year where kids are in different grades.
                  Except that you are not as lots of good players play up a year or two anyway. Plenty of teams contain players of different graduating classes by CHOICE and the world continues to spin.

why don't you focus on helping your kid improve their soccer skills regardless of if he or she pays on age or plays up. no one needs to go through that again right now.

Comment

Youth soccer was never "graduation year." It was set between Aug 1 and July 31.

Comment

If you look at the entry age cutoffs to enter kindergarten it is almost always August 31 or September 1. Meaning kids in that particular grade would have had to turn 5 years old before the cutoff to enter school. If a club and leagues philosophy, and everything they stand for, is to help players to play at the college level, wouldn’t switching to a graduation year make more sense?

Comment

Exactly, and d for the most part it captured most kids by grade simply because of the dates used.
                        There were be a few left out, but it was nowhere near the number of kids cutoff from classmates with calendar year.

Comment

If you look at the entry age cutoffs to enter kindergarten it is almost always August 31 or September 1. Meaning kids in that particular grade would have had to turn 5 years old before the cutoff to enter school. If a club and leagues philosophy, and everything they stand for, is to help players to play at the college level, wouldn’t switching to a graduation year make more sense?
                          It does. Yes college coaches have adjusted to the new system but it's far easier to do it by grade. More importantly thousands of 8th and 12th graders are screwed each year simply because they were born at the wrong time. Going back to an Aug 1 cutoff date eliminates that problem for nearly all.

Comment

You do realize your kid’s team dynamics are already about to change with a roster shakeup? But I’m sure you’re fine with those kind of changes though since it benefits you.
                            Some changes are unavoidable but other changes don’t need to be made. Someone needs to think about all the changes these kids have already had to endure and the new ones they will have to face and try to minimize changes as much as possible. Everyone talks about bringing fun back to sports and constant changes has ruined much of the fun.

Comment

Some changes are unavoidable but other changes don’t need to be made. Someone needs to think about all the changes these kids have already had to endure and the new ones they will have to face and try to minimize changes as much as possible. Everyone talks about bringing fun back to sports and constant changes has ruined much of the fun.
                              Disagree. If they are going to do it, now is the time. Would the season after next be better? No way. If they do it, whatever, just pull off bandaid and do it NOW!

Comment

Team will be completely shaken up already due to displaced DA players along with the normal movements of players. I can’t think of a better time to do it. Chances are, even if things stay the same regarding birth year, your kids team will look a lot different next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X