Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USSF to announce switch to Graduation Year age groups?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can't imagine the USSF is going to be in a position to mandate anything to the clubs.
    Heck no. They have done enough damage. Can't they just do something else and leave youth soccer alone?

Comment

I can't imagine the USSF is going to be in a position to mandate anything to the clubs.
      ECNL will lead the way to grade based teams after all the trouble and cluster with having to have a u18/19 team and a u18/19 composite team instead of a u18 (juniors and u19 (seniors) full Ecnl teams.

Comment

Everyone is giving them the big middle finger right now. Everyone will go back to school year in the hope it helps keep some players - they will pose enough due to economics

Comment

This would be the year to do it. With DA gone, ECNL and NPL rosters will be changing. Add the age group switch in and rosters would be greatly shaken up. In many ways this would be easier for kids than thinking they were bumped off their existing team. There is no existing team- every team is significantly changed. If anything good can come out of this terrible spring, it would be a return to playing with kids in your grade.
          Exactly. Now is the time

Comment

This prediction fell flat...

Comment

This prediction fell flat...
              Think about it, even if they did go to graduation year why wouldn't a club keep their teams intact and it would just mean that some would now be playing a year up or grade up in that case. In other words, your 04 players who are in 10th Grade would be on the 2022 class team & the 04 players who are 9th graders would continue to be on that team but just be playing up. I don't see why even if they changed it that would do much for the players already there and on those at the high school age levels. At least on those highest level of play teams.

Maybe on teams that weren't playing at the ecnl or gal level or even NFL that change would have come into play but I don't think it would at the highest levels. Not right now anyhow considering teams are pretty much set for next year already due to the pandemic

Comment

Think about it, even if they did go to graduation year why wouldn't a club keep their teams intact and it would just mean that some would now be playing a year up or grade up in that case. In other words, your 04 players who are in 10th Grade would be on the 2022 class team & the 04 players who are 9th graders would continue to be on that team but just be playing up. I don't see why even if they changed it that would do much for the players already there and on those at the high school age levels. At least on those highest level of play teams.

Maybe on teams that weren't playing at the ecnl or gal level or even NFL that change would have come into play but I don't think it would at the highest levels. Not right now anyhow considering teams are pretty much set for next year already due to the pandemic
                Without tryouts clubs needed to secure commitments and payment from parents. clubs made teams for next year that they may not feel are optimized. I suspect they would welcome a change to grad year as an opportunity

Comment

Without tryouts clubs needed to secure commitments and payment from parents. clubs made teams for next year that they may not feel are optimized. I suspect they would welcome a change to grad year as an opportunity
                  Grad year is a mess

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X