Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Both boys and girls ECNL just got a whole bunch better …. BTW, did GDA become amazing overnight because all the NPL players and coaches were that good or because so many kids from ECNL teams went there as well? Asking for a friend.
    No ECNL players would ever go to GDA....

Comment

Both boys and girls ECNL just got a whole bunch better …. BTW, did GDA become amazing overnight because all the NPL players and coaches were that good or because so many kids from ECNL teams went there as well? Asking for a friend.
      Did they get better? If the player pool remained static then I’d say half the ecnl kids have a lot to worry about now. However, I wonder will there be a huge market for parents to spend way too much on club sports in the next two years or so? That’s a question that unfortunately will probably not have a profitable answer for “elite” travel club DOCs. We will see!

Comment

Did they get better? If the player pool remained static then I’d say half the ecnl kids have a lot to worry about now. However, I wonder will there be a huge market for parents to spend way too much on club sports in the next two years or so? That’s a question that unfortunately will probably not have a profitable answer for “elite” travel club DOCs. We will see!
        Truth! People will be very reluctant with all that’s going on in the world to drop a boat load of money and hop on flights all for youth soccer . The corona crisis has inextricably altered the landscape of youth soccer, and parents will be questioning the wisdom and value of spending 10k plus on youth soccer.

Comment

It may be true but it doesn’t change that the ecnl is just as much of a joke as DA The girls teams play like brutes with zero soccer IQ and the ecnl boys are in a C league, at best. People like this piece of sh-t gloating are the reason our kids all get screwed. All these people care about is market share and ripping off parents for cash.
          ECNL is just a cash grab. 20 kids on a roster paying 4K for half season??? Sure it’s what’s best for the girls! Some really bad ECNL clubs as well. For all those ECNL parents gloating be careful because there will be plenty of better DA talent taking spots very soon.

Comment

Truth! People will be very reluctant with all that’s going on in the world to drop a boat load of money and hop on flights all for youth soccer . The corona crisis has inextricably altered the landscape of youth soccer, and parents will be questioning the wisdom and value of spending 10k plus on youth soccer.
            Great point but where does one look for cheaper options that are still competitive?? I imagine there must be few out there...

Comment

Great point but where does one look for cheaper options that are still competitive?? I imagine there must be few out there...
              NPL might go back to being a really good league. I agree that ecnl parents may want to brag but given the impact covid 19 is having, they’re in almost as much trouble with their country club league as well.

Comment

No ECNL players would ever go to GDA....
                What are you smoking? 95% of the of YNT's come from GDA and a good majority of them played for an ecnl club at one point or another.

Comment

What are you smoking? 95% of the of YNT's come from GDA and a good majority of them played for an ecnl club at one point or another.
                  If true I wonder if FC Delco gets kicked out in favor of Penn Fusion and PA Classics.

Comment

Bottom line there is higher percentage of better individual talent right now in DA. If this becomes reality those kids will be in ECNL soon. Ton of ECNL girls heading to the bench.

Best kids in one league makes sense though.

Comment

Bottom line there is higher percentage of better individual talent right now in DA. If this becomes reality those kids will be in ECNL soon. Ton of ECNL girls heading to the bench.

Best kids in one league makes sense though.

https://www.soccerwire.com/resources...pment-academy/

Comment

Any chance CSA or STA gets into ECNL at this point? No chance any of the stronger players on either of those teams goes back to EDP based leagues

Comment

If US Soccer wants to get this right and ensure that ECNL truly becomes the league that attracts the best talent in one place they can't just hand ECNL badges to mediocre clubs...let the very good DA players find their way onto ECNL rosters at PDA, World Class, SUSA, East Meadow, etc....the same in the New England area. South Shore Select shouldn't get an ECNL badge...NEFC should but Scorpions already has one despite being pretty mediocre across the board, so you have to fix that situation. Oakwood won't get one...FSA shouldn't have one. This should be a complete revamping of the landscape and take badges away from some (FSA, Scorpions), deny badges to some (South Shore Select, CSA, STA) and give badges to some or back to some (NEFC, Penn Fusion).

Comment

Exactly. There were too many of these "high level" teams with too many "high level" leagues. If a player has enough money and talent, they can play in the one remaining country club league the way it was before this circus started.

What an absolute **** sandwich has been served up to girls youth soccer for the last few years. This gda experiment was do misguided, chaotic and destructive for so many players

Comment

As a parent of a girl who would have been DA this fall, I am half hoping this is true and if so I have no intention of running to find a 30 person ecnl roster to get her into. The cost of playing these leagues is insane and I wish they’d all crumble and we could just go back to regional leagues. National leagues for kids sports have such little actual value.

Comment

As a parent of a girl who would have been DA this fall, I am half hoping this is true and if so I have no intention of running to find a 30 person ecnl roster to get her into. The cost of playing these leagues is insane and I wish they’d all crumble and we could just go back to regional leagues. National leagues for kids sports have such little actual value.
                                Yes. Regional leagues make so much for sense. If gda had only structured themselves as a less expensive, high quality, regional soccer experience, they would have had a highly successful league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X